Let's First See if Human Life Is Sustainable On Earth _Then_ Do Mars

Old July 22nd 09, 10:38 AM posted to sci.astro.seti
Chris

Default Let's First See if Human Life Is Sustainable On Earth _Then_ Do Mars

It has been said by contactees that the Zeta Reticulans use windmills for
power on their planet (I understand it is a colony not their planet of
origin).

--
Chris.
Remove ns_ to reply
"Rob Dekker" wrote in message

"Bret Cahill" wrote in message
For the kind of money necessary for the Mars mission, we could
electrify the entire Interstate Highway system and motor off the grid.

Bret Cahill

Your comment does not directly reflect the subject of your post, although
it hints at maximizing energy efficiency, which is a good start for
sustainable living in the long run.

Looking at the rate that the human race has been devours this planet's
resources over the past 100 years, while growing exponentially in numbers,
it is not hard to imagine that our planet will show it's limits in the
near future.

Will the era of homo sapiens (man, the thinker) go into history as the
greatest devastation that the planet ever went through, or will we go
through this period of exponential growth and find some form of
sustainable lifestyle with intelligence and technology still intact ? If
we make it though, we may have enough time to kickstart sustainable
colonies on other planets, first in our own solar system and much later in
neighboring systems. If that works, we may be able to colonize the local
neighborhood, and ultimately the entire Galaxy.

If anyone has the thought that colonizing the Galaxy is likely or even
inevitable given our self-proclaimed superior intelligence and ability to
adapt, then maybe the Fermi paradox would offer a humbling realization :
we would be the first in this Galaxy of 300 billion star systems to do so,
in the 13 billion years that this Galaxy exists.

If the counterthought would be that we are alone or unique in some way,
and that we are the first in this Galaxy to make it to this point, then
this should be reason enough to be very careful with what we are doing.
Very careful with this planet, with it's resources and with it's ability
to serve us with food, energy and natural resources in a suustainable
fashion.

After all, as far as we know, among the countless planets around the 300
billion stars in this Galaxy alone, Earth is the only planet with any life
at all.

Rob

Old July 24th 09, 05:09 PM posted to sci.astro.seti
Chris

They also are alleged to use singing quartz crystals. These are quartz grown
in an atmosphere of vapour phase lithium. The lithium dimer sits inside the
quartz crystal forming a clathrate compound and over millions of years the
dilithium inclusions fuse forming carbon 14 and make the crystal vibrate.

If you put singing quartz inside the plates of a capacitor that is tuned
with a coil with a resonant frequency the same as the cut crystal the
combination gives of power that they use to power radios, lights, cars and
their homes as a suppliment to the windmill system.

Singing quartz occurs naturally on zeta where is is quite abundant but is
rare on Earth. It does occur in some cave formations in Austria. It is mined
there for its strange blue glow. The mines are nearly worked out now but
tourists can buy the stuff to power their quartz watches so I believe
instead of a battery.

It can be synthesized but I have no details of the process except that it is
grown in an atmosphere of lithium vapour.

These power crystals are also sold under the name of dilithium crystals.

I do not have any myself but the average zeta would not be without his
crystal powered stuff.

--
Chris.
Remove ns_ to reply