Kepler Results?

Old June 16th 10, 01:49 AM posted to sci.astro
Rob[_4_]

Default Kepler Results?

NY Times reported they had a big announcement for today (Tuesday).
What
happened? Did they want to wait till after Obama's speech or did the
Times
just get it wrong?
Rob
Old June 16th 10, 01:57 AM posted to sci.astro
Androcles[_32_]

"Rob" wrote in message
| NY Times reported they had a big announcement for today (Tuesday).
| What
| happened? Did they want to wait till after Obama's speech or did the
| Times
| just get it wrong?
| Rob

The NY Times has a big announcement for every day, as do all
newspapers. Don't you know what a headline is? It's that statement
in excessively large type, designed to catch your eye from a distance
and approach the news seller. Cross my palm with silver if I have
educated you.

Old June 16th 10, 03:15 AM posted to sci.astro
dlzc

Dear Rob:

On Jun 15, 5:49*pm, Rob wrote:
NY Times reported they had a big announcement for
today (Tuesday).
What happened? Did they want to wait till after
Obama's speech or did the Times just get it wrong?

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.s...9f867b28e56f9#
.... Kepler and new exoplanet candidates
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.s...695d242e091ab#
.... CoRoT and positives on exoplanets

NYT probably was giving the paying population what NYT thought it
wanted.

David A. Smith

Where are the Kepler results? Rob[_4_] Research 11 May 1st 10 07:59 PM
Kepler Away Dano Murano Amateur Astronomy 0 March 7th 09 02:44 PM
Kepler mitch[_2_] Amateur Astronomy 33 July 24th 07 07:26 PM
Test Results You Want, Test Results You Get -- MAN AS OLD AS COAL. Ed Conrad Astronomy Misc 0 April 11th 06 01:06 AM
nasa and Kepler oriel36 Policy 1 September 19th 05 07:53 PM