Where Is our Little Twitty?

Old May 9th 07, 01:07 AM posted to alt.astronomy
ah

Default Where Is our Little Twitty?

Double-A wrote:
On May 8, 4:04 am, ah wrote:
Double-A wrote:
On Apr 29, 10:47 pm, ah wrote:
Twittering One wrote:
Sounds like good makings for dinner ~ !

Sure--in September!

Peas pruduce early.

I've a 4mx6m plot . . . most of these peas won't make it back from the garden.

I had little more than that and grew a whole slew of vegetables.
Intensive agriculture!

I need to mitigate water/nutrient/sunlight competition.

How about tomatoes, lettuce, turnips, corn, chard, kohlrabi, zucchni,
crooknecks, hubbards, spinach, cucumbers, onions, melons, radishes,
beets, cabbage, collards, peppers, and pumpkins?

I'll clap if they stand-up.

Using lawn clippings as mulch will help things grow much bigger.

Too much nitrogen.

Best bet is to use 10-10-10 conservatively every three months.
Old May 9th 07, 09:38 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

On May 8, 5:06 pm, ah wrote:
Double-A wrote:
On May 8, 4:02 am, ah wrote:
Twittering One wrote:
... & fresh mint ~ !

Good stuff, but it spreads like wildfire!

Then drink more julips to keep it at bay!

Oh that's right, you limeys only drink tonics.

Guinness, thanks.

I tried Guinness for the first time in a London pub. Was dubious at
first, but it grows on you.

Double-A

Old May 9th 07, 10:14 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

On May 8, 5:07 pm, ah wrote:
Double-A wrote:
On May 8, 4:04 am, ah wrote:
Double-A wrote:
On Apr 29, 10:47 pm, ah wrote:
Twittering One wrote:
Sounds like good makings for dinner ~ !

Sure--in September!

Peas pruduce early.

I've a 4mx6m plot . . . most of these peas won't make it back from the garden.

I had little more than that and grew a whole slew of vegetables.
Intensive agriculture!

I need to mitigate water/nutrient/sunlight competition.

How about tomatoes, lettuce, turnips, corn, chard, kohlrabi, zucchni,
crooknecks, hubbards, spinach, cucumbers, onions, melons, radishes,
beets, cabbage, collards, peppers, and pumpkins?

I'll clap if they stand-up.

Using lawn clippings as mulch will help things grow much bigger.

Too much nitrogen.

Perhaps, if you put nitrogen on your lawn. But I would put nothing on
my lawn in the spring when I would gather the grass clippings. Dig a
ditch and fill it with clippings. Then cover it with a little soil.
Sew the seeds, and cover with a little more soil. Then cover the
ground beween the rows with grass clippings. Makes extra work, but it
is how I grew my record crops. It only doesn't work for cucmbers,
which get fatal stem rot from the mildew in the grass.

Best bet is to use 10-10-10 conservatively every three months.

Chicken manure always worked great for me (sterilized). A little lime
in an acid soil doesn't hurt.

Double-A

Old May 9th 07, 05:25 PM posted to alt.astronomy
John \C\

"Double-A" wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 8, 5:06 pm, ah wrote:
Double-A wrote:
On May 8, 4:02 am, ah wrote:
Twittering One wrote:
... & fresh mint ~ !

Good stuff, but it spreads like wildfire!

Then drink more julips to keep it at bay!

Oh that's right, you limeys only drink tonics.

Guinness, thanks.

I tried Guinness for the first time in a London pub. Was dubious at
first, but it grows on you.

Double-A

It's only for pregnant women and Old geezers like "ah".

HJ

Old May 10th 07, 11:56 AM posted to alt.astronomy
ah

Twittering One wrote:
... & fresh mint ~ !

Good stuff, but it spreads like wildfire!

Even if brick-bordered?

Mint is the spawn of Satan!
Old May 10th 07, 11:56 AM posted to alt.astronomy
ah

Double-A wrote:
On May 8, 5:06 pm, ah wrote:
Double-A wrote:
On May 8, 4:02 am, ah wrote:
Twittering One wrote:
... & fresh mint ~ !

Good stuff, but it spreads like wildfire!

Then drink more julips to keep it at bay!

Oh that's right, you limeys only drink tonics.

Guinness, thanks.

I tried Guinness for the first time in a London pub. Was dubious at
first, but it grows on you.

Careful--once you cross the line, everything else tastes like water.
Old May 10th 07, 12:00 PM posted to alt.astronomy
ah

Double-A wrote:
On May 8, 5:07 pm, ah wrote:
Double-A wrote:
On May 8, 4:04 am, ah wrote:
Double-A wrote:
On Apr 29, 10:47 pm, ah wrote:
Twittering One wrote:
Sounds like good makings for dinner ~ !

Sure--in September!

Peas pruduce early.

I've a 4mx6m plot . . . most of these peas won't make it back from the garden.

I had little more than that and grew a whole slew of vegetables.
Intensive agriculture!

I need to mitigate water/nutrient/sunlight competition.

How about tomatoes, lettuce, turnips, corn, chard, kohlrabi, zucchni,
crooknecks, hubbards, spinach, cucumbers, onions, melons, radishes,
beets, cabbage, collards, peppers, and pumpkins?

I'll clap if they stand-up.

Using lawn clippings as mulch will help things grow much bigger.

Too much nitrogen.

Perhaps, if you put nitrogen on your lawn. But I would put nothing on

It's already in the blades, silly

my lawn in the spring when I would gather the grass clippings. Dig a
ditch and fill it with clippings. Then cover it with a little soil.
Sew the seeds, and cover with a little more soil. Then cover the
ground beween the rows with grass clippings. Makes extra work, but it

Excellent. Point is that you get happy results, which is what you got.

is how I grew my record crops. It only doesn't work for cucmbers,
which get fatal stem rot from the mildew in the grass.

Vine spreaders in a humid/moist plot are problematic, at best. Keep 'em dry...

Best bet is to use 10-10-10 conservatively every three months.

Chicken manure always worked great for me (sterilized). A little lime

What about melamine?!

in an acid soil doesn't hurt.

Purple haze?
Old May 10th 07, 03:06 PM posted to alt.astronomy
John \C\

"ah" wrote in message
Double-A wrote:
On May 8, 5:07 pm, ah wrote:
Double-A wrote:
On May 8, 4:04 am, ah wrote:
Double-A wrote:
On Apr 29, 10:47 pm, ah wrote:
Twittering One wrote:
[...]

LSD and the elderly don't mix. dad. Come home Mom misses you.

HJ

Old May 10th 07, 03:08 PM posted to alt.astronomy
John \C\

"ah" wrote in message
Twittering One wrote:
... & fresh mint ~ !

Good stuff, but it spreads like wildfire!

Even if brick-bordered?

Mint is the spawn of Satan!

Art Deco is the "Spawn of satan".

HJ

Hi Twitty G=EMC^2 Glazier Misc 0 September 12th 06 10:08 PM
Where is Officer Twitty she brightens the cold cold long night? nightbat Misc 0 March 28th 06 08:50 AM
nightbat To Officer Twitty nightbat Misc 6 January 12th 06 08:57 PM
Officer Twitty Please Gift Us With a Song Poem or Prayer For The GulfCoast nightbat Misc 15 September 23rd 05 09:58 AM
For Twitty Ray Vingnutte Misc 5 August 9th 05 01:59 PM