A Space & astronomy forum. SpaceBanter.com

Go Back   Home » SpaceBanter.com forum » Astronomy and Astrophysics » Amateur Astronomy
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

NASA's biggest worry right now: What if something goes wrong with the Webb telescope?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 16th 18, 08:31 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Razzmatazz
external usenet poster

Default NASA's biggest worry right now: What if something goes wrongwith the Webb telescope?

On Friday, February 16, 2018 at 12:23:28 PM UTC-6, Bill wrote:
On Fri, 16 Feb 2018 08:01:40 -0800 (PST), Razzmatazz wrote:

Since I live in the city and occasionally go on trips out of town I bit the bullet and purchased a Chevy Volt. It's a great all-around vehicle and fits my needs perfectly. I normally use no gas for all our commuting needs during the week, and if I go long distance the range is about 340 miles with about 6 gallons of gas. The new Volt is even more efficient with better battery range, and the cars are cheaper than when I bought mine.

It's a hatchback and I can stuff my 17" astrograph, mount and pier into the back and have room left over for weekend camping stuff. Efficient, drives nice, comfortable for two people - I'll never be without some kind of electric car.

Razzy

I've only gotten as far as having the additional wiring for a future
charging station added to my home.

I need EVs to get to the point where an EV would be a replacement, for
one of my fossil fueled vehicles. Until then, I would need to maintain
a redundant capability which makes no financial, or environmental,
sense.
--
Email address is a Spam trap.

The Volt is two cars in one. If you have daily commutes of less than 50 miles, you never use gas, but if you want to go 500 miles, you can still do it with this car, no need for a second car. I plug it in to my 120volt outlet each evening and it's fully charged in the morning. No need for a separate charging station. In fact if I need to, I can just plug it in here at work.. Full charge at work costs 40 cents and that will take me 45 - 50 miles. At home it costs about 70 cents for a full charge.

Razzy