Satellite defense

Old February 4th 07, 06:59 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Christopher

Default Satellite defense

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 16:53:15 GMT, Fred J. McCall
wrote:

:On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 01:39:59 GMT, Fred J. McCall
wrote:
:
:Christopher wrote:
:off topic exchange snipped
:Your only option, given you're too stupid to actually learn anything
:OR support your silly claims - declare victory and run.
:
:I graciously accept your surrender.

Now run.

:Knock yourself out.
:
::P.S. "A prudent man foresees the difficulties ahead and prepares for
::them; the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences."
::- Proverbs 22:3
:
:"The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"
: -- Chicken Little

territory."
--G. Behn

"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are sometimes
right" -- Winston Churchill

Old February 4th 07, 08:21 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

wrote:
:
::On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 01:39:59 GMT, Fred J. McCall
wrote:
::
::Christopher wrote:
::off topic exchange snipped
::Your only option, given you're too stupid to actually learn anything
::OR support your silly claims - declare victory and run.
::
::I graciously accept your surrender.
:
:Now run.
:
::Knock yourself out.
::
:::P.S. "A prudent man foresees the difficulties ahead and prepares for
:::them; the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences."
:::- Proverbs 22:3
::
::"The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"
:: -- Chicken Little
:
:--
:"Some people get lost in thought because it's such unfamiliar
: territory."
: --G. Behn
:
:"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are sometimes
:right" -- Winston Churchill

But this isn't one of those times. You're wrong.

--
"I regard you with an indifference bordering on aversion."
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Old February 4th 07, 09:02 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Bill Bonde

Pat Flannery wrote:

Rand Simberg wrote:
Pat's provided it. And the newspapers provide the rest.

In other words, no.

I think most people would like to have substantial savings, both as
hedge against unforeseen expenses, and also since they can then get
interest on such savings without effort. The fact that we are now
experiencing a loss in savings accounts means that people can barely
make ends meet at best,

Or it means they have so much they'd like to buy, they don't bother to
put so much in savings. Or it means that they don't find the interest
rates they get from savings accounts attractive. Do these 'savings
accounts' include investments in the stock market, which is at an all
time high now, isn't it?

--
"The ultimate test is always your own serenity." Robert M Pirsig, "Zen
and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"
Old February 5th 07, 09:20 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Christopher

wrote:
:
::On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 01:39:59 GMT, Fred J. McCall
wrote:
::
::Christopher wrote:
[...]

Only time will tell as to which one of us is right.

"I regard you with an indifference bordering on aversion."
-- Robert Louis Stevenson

"People only see what they want to see." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old February 7th 07, 09:57 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Eric Chomko

On Feb 3, 10:22 pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:
Pat Flannery wrote:

:
:I think most people would like to have substantial savings, both as
:hedge against unforeseen expenses, and also since they can then get
:interest on such savings without effort. The fact that we are now
:experiencing a loss in savings accounts means that people can barely
:make ends meet at best, and are in a negative expenses vs. income
:situation at worst, so they are effectively living hand-to-mouth.
:Combined with increasing personal debt, this is a perfect recipe for a
:national financial collapse.

Chicken Littles never give up.

I thought they were born giving up?

The United States historically has a very low saving rate. It takes
very little change for this to go negative (which has been the case
for the past couple years).

What that probably says is that folks who previously had a pessimistic
outlook on the economic future have become more optimistic and are now
'dissaving' to make major purchases that they'd been putting off.

Yes, the message is: spend, spend, spend and go in debt just like the
governemnt.

-- Thomas Jefferson

In Defense of Einstein 1 Double-A Misc 0 January 9th 07 09:12 AM
What if space instead of defense? Danny Dot Space Shuttle 59 October 9th 06 06:04 PM
What if space instead of defense? Danny Dot History 51 October 9th 06 05:57 PM
In My Own Defense and That of My Book LoudObnoxiousThemeShirts Space Shuttle 0 January 20th 05 05:42 PM
In defense of Astronomy Magazine Dawn Baird-Chleborad Amateur Astronomy 1 November 16th 04 08:55 AM