Andromeda Galaxy or US (What if)

Old May 29th 06, 11:56 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Default Andromeda Galaxy or US (What if)

OK what if in 20 million years the Andromeda galaxy is going to merge
into our galaxy and destroy the Earth? We have the means to destroy
Andromeda to prevent this from happening. Here is the rub. There is
strong evidence that there is over 10 million planets like our Earth,and
most could have high life forms. This begs the question. Should we
destroy,or be destroyed. TreBert

Old May 30th 06, 12:31 AM posted to alt.astronomy

Yea, sure!!

Ding, Ding-a-ling!!

Living in delusion does not prevent reality from interrupting your life
with something like an earthquake, or , oh, Iran deploying nuclear
weapons...

Get your head out of your silly delusion and see if you can do anything
about what may end YOUR life.

Old May 30th 06, 04:37 AM posted to alt.astronomy

First of all they are heading towards each other, but as with so many other
galaxys we can see, they will pass each other first with a tide like
interface between them and because they are both big ones, they'll be pulled
back towards each other. The one computer sim I've seen shows the two doing
a dance for about 10 to 15 million years before they are pulled together to
make one really big galaxy. During this time there will be a lot of star
forming going on in both galaxys. By the time they have formed the one big
galaxy, most likly our own sun will have passed the red stage and will have
become a planetary neb like m57 and the earth and other planets will all be
history.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net
In Garden Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/ingarden
Blast Off Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/starlords
Astro Blog
http://starlord.bloggerteam.com/

"Llanzlan Klazmon" wrote in message
7.6...
(G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote in news:94-447B7C1D-190
@storefull-3337.bay.webtv.net:

OK what if in 20 million years the Andromeda galaxy is going to merge
into our galaxy and destroy the Earth?

No way. The closing speed is much slower than that. Also it is unlikely
that the two galaxies will merge. In any case why would a merger destroy
the Earth? Of course it is possible that the solar system could be ejected
into intergalactic space but again so what.

Klazmon

SNIP

Old May 30th 06, 05:50 AM posted to alt.astronomy

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
OK what if in 20 million years the Andromeda galaxy is going to merge
into our galaxy and destroy the Earth? We have the means to destroy
Andromeda to prevent this from happening. Here is the rub. There is
strong evidence that there is over 10 million planets like our Earth,and
most could have high life forms. This begs the question. Should we
destroy,or be destroyed. TreBert

We could call it self-defense!

But wait a minute, how do we know that those aliens in Andromeda won't
destroy our galaxy first?

Double-A

Old May 30th 06, 05:56 AM posted to alt.astronomy

Starlord wrote:
First of all they are heading towards each other, but as with so many other
galaxys we can see, they will pass each other first with a tide like
interface between them and because they are both big ones, they'll be pulled
back towards each other. The one computer sim I've seen shows the two doing
a dance for about 10 to 15 million years before they are pulled together to
make one really big galaxy. During this time there will be a lot of star
forming going on in both galaxys. By the time they have formed the one big
galaxy, most likly our own sun will have passed the red stage and will have
become a planetary neb like m57 and the earth and other planets will all be
history.

Nah, the Sun won't become a nebula. It doesn't have enough mass to
supernova. It will become a white dwarf.

But likely the Sun will have warmed enough before any galactic
collision comes about that it will be too hot on Earth for mankind
anymore.

Double-A

Old May 30th 06, 07:51 AM posted to alt.astronomy

In article .com, "Double-A" wrote:

Starlord wrote:
First of all they are heading towards each other, but as with so many other
galaxys we can see, they will pass each other first with a tide like
interface between them and because they are both big ones, they'll be pulled
back towards each other. The one computer sim I've seen shows the two doing
a dance for about 10 to 15 million years before they are pulled together to
make one really big galaxy. During this time there will be a lot of star
forming going on in both galaxys. By the time they have formed the one big
galaxy, most likly our own sun will have passed the red stage and will have
become a planetary neb like m57 and the earth and other planets will all be
history.

Nah, the Sun won't become a nebula. It doesn't have enough mass to
supernova. It will become a white dwarf.

You don't need a supernova to make a nebula. As Starlord said, the sun
will become a planetary nebula like other stars of similar mass. And guess
what objects you find in the middle of planetary nebulae?
Old May 30th 06, 12:29 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Double=A good question If they are as clever as us the big brains of
Andromeda galaxy might destroy the Milky Way. Andromeda is a larger
older galaxy,and could be sending out force fields as I type to make
sure merging will never happen. Reality is destroying the black hole in
the center of galaxies would be the best shot. Or creating just
supernovas out of the nebular clouds,so they can go off simultaneously.
Best to keep in mind the 1999 gamma ray blast would have wiped out the
Earth if it took place in the Milky Way. This thought just jumped in.
What if the Milky Way and Adromeda not touching each other is the same
reason Bert and I can't shake hands Hmmmmm A war between our galaxy
and the Andomeda galaxy. Milkykind,against Adromkind A war between
positive and negative matter would create a 1999 gamma blast It all
fits TreBert

Old May 30th 06, 01:04 PM posted to alt.astronomy

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Double=A good question If they are as clever as us the big brains of
Andromeda galaxy might destroy the Milky Way. Andromeda is a larger
older galaxy,and could be sending out force fields as I type to make
sure merging will never happen. Reality is destroying the black hole in
the center of galaxies would be the best shot. Or creating just
supernovas out of the nebular clouds,so they can go off simultaneously.
Best to keep in mind the 1999 gamma ray blast would have wiped out the
Earth if it took place in the Milky Way. This thought just jumped in.
What if the Milky Way and Adromeda not touching each other is the same
reason Bert and I can't shake hands Hmmmmm A war between our galaxy
and the Andomeda galaxy. Milkykind,against Adromkind A war between
positive and negative matter would create a 1999 gamma blast It all
fits TreBert

If Andromeda is made of antimatter, then let's hope that the two kinds
of matter repel each other!

Double-A

See the follwiing paper:

"Space-time reversal, antimatter, and antigravity in general relativity
J. M. Ripalda

Large scale matter-antimatter symmetry and repulsive gravitational
interaction between matter and
antimatter is proposed as an hypothesis to explain the recent
observation of a speed-up of the expansion of
the universe. In such a cosmological model the net force on the
universe is repulsive even with a
cosmological constant equal to zero. A reinterpretation of the meaning
of space-time reversed solutions in
general relativity suggests the possibility of repulsive gravitational
interaction between matter and
antimatter.

There is no direct experimental evidence about the nature of the
gravitational interaction between matter and
antimatter, although it is commonly agreed that antiparticles have the
same gravitational properties as ordinary
matter. The possibility of repulsive gravitational interaction between
matter and antimatter is known as
antigravity. The various theoretical difficulties that led to the early
rejection of the idea of antigravity have been
critically reviewed by Nieto et al.1

The idea of a universe with matter and antimatter domains was studied
by Brown and Stecker.2 These authors
suggested that grand unified field theories with spontaneous symmetry
breaking in the early big bang could lead
more naturally to a baryon-symmetric cosmology with a domain structure
than to a baryon-asymmetric
cosmology. Alfven also studied a similar cosmological model.3

It has recently been observed that the velocity of expansion of the
universe is not being gradually slowed down
by gravity, but much to the contrary is being accelerated by some
unknown repulsive force.4,5 This is most often
interpreted in terms of Einstein's cosmological constant. It is
proposed here that the current cosmological
observations can also be interpreted in terms of a cosmological model
with matter and antimatter clusters kept
apart by their mutual repulsive gravitational interaction.

A universe with matter and antimatter clusters implies the possibility
of large scale annihilation resulting in
gamma ray bursts. Repulsive gravitational interaction between matter
and antimatter would reduce the
likelihood of such events."

http://arxiv.org/ftp/gr-qc/papers/9906/9906012.pdf

Old May 30th 06, 04:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy

If they would take the time to look at M-57 they would understand, a P.N. is
not made by a super nova, it's the end results of a G class star at the end
of it's red stage when it puffs off most of it's upper layers leaving a
White D behind.

It's well understood just how this solar system will come to it's end.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info