ASTRO: My first CCD Image

Old April 6th 08, 09:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_3_]

Default ASTRO: My first CCD Image

Considering I'd been doing film for 50 years you'd think my first CCD
image would be better than this. 6" f/4, ST-7, one unguided 10 minute
shot with it only about 15 degrees above the horizon. I quickly learned
that while this was possible from Lincoln NE where I did my film work,
it isn't a good idea up here when over the lake. Seeing is awful there.

My first film image is long gone. Tri-Z shot of the moon, hand held up
to the eyepiece of my 6" f/12. A very poor moon image is about all I
can recall of it. I was about 6th grade at the time. My dad was
teaching me how to use a dark room. I remember I pushed the contrast on
the print too far. It was lost in the early 90's when a tree limb came
through the roof and wiped out my film collection, prints, slides and
negatives. Only a few that weren't "put away". Fortunately for those
few I was ignoring the wife's pleas to get them put away. Now when she
tells me to put something away I remind her about that incident.
Sometimes that's not a good idea.

Rick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version