Does Gravity Vary with Each Season?

Old April 17th 09, 02:57 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Yousuf Khan

Default Does Gravity Vary with Each Season?

Well, they've already found out that radioactivity seems to vary with
the seasons. So it may not be such a hokey idea to see if gravity does too.

The researchers involved are studying the Lorentz Symmetry.

Yousuf Khan

Gravity Could Vary with Each Season - Or at least some researchers seem
to think so - Softpedia
"Enlarge picture
The idea that apples might fall from trees differently in the summer and
in the winter may seem preposterous, but Indiana University in
Bloomington (IUB) Physicist Alan Kostelecky and graduate student Jay
Tasson think that the idea may not be so far-fetched. They argue that
violations in Newton's law may have easily gone undetected for
centuries, and that they may have plagued physics ever since."
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Gravi...n-109600.shtml
Old April 17th 09, 05:10 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics.particle
Y.y.Porat

On Apr 17, 3:57*am, Yousuf Khan wrote:
Well, they've already found out that radioactivity seems to vary with
the seasons. So it may not be such a hokey idea to see if gravity does too.

The researchers involved are studying the Lorentz Symmetry.

* * * * Yousuf Khan

Gravity Could Vary with Each Season - Or at least some researchers seem
to think so - Softpedia
"Enlarge picture
The idea that apples might fall from trees differently in the summer and
in the winter may seem preposterous, but Indiana University in
Bloomington (IUB) Physicist Alan Kostelecky and graduate student Jay
Tasson think that the idea may not be so far-fetched. They argue that
violations in Newton's law may have easily gone undetected for
centuries, and that they may have plagued physics ever since."http://news..softpedia.com/news/Gravity-Could-Vary-with-Each-Season-10...

----------------------------
if right -
do you understand what that means ????
(it has a revolutionary meaning !!!
that can bring an end to a
common theory and a long dispute ))

ATB
Y.Porat
-------------------------

Old April 17th 09, 05:15 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
YKhan

On Apr 16, 11:19*pm, Sam Wormley wrote:
Yousuf Khan wrote:
Well, they've already found out that radioactivity seems to vary with
the seasons. So it may not be such a hokey idea to see if gravity does too.

* *And the keyword is "seems". Seems to me we neen some better experiments
* *to verify or contridict the claim.

Well, in this day and age, with the advent over high capacity computer
storage and more precise instrumentation, this will be more likely to
be verified or contradicted.

For example, maybe more precise gravity measurements will verify the
effects of Dark Matter within the Solar System, or god forbid MOND!

Yousuf Khan
Old April 17th 09, 05:20 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics.particle
Y.y.Porat

On Apr 17, 6:10*am, "Y.y.Porat" wrote:
[...]

and in addition
even if it does not vary each season
but
even if it varies a long many centuries
we can get thesame revolutionary conclusions

i suggested many years ago
to check even -
if there is a sligh t difference between
g (at the same spot) between day and night
while of course
**neutralizing** the close environmental change
factors, like position of moon etc etc

ATB
Y.Porat
--------------------
Old April 17th 09, 06:10 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Surfer[_3_]

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 21:57:08 -0400, Yousuf Khan
wrote:

Well, they've already found out that radioactivity seems to vary with
the seasons. So it may not be such a hokey idea to see if gravity does too.

The researchers involved are studying the Lorentz Symmetry.

Yousuf Khan

Gravity Could Vary with Each Season - Or at least some researchers seem
to think so - Softpedia
"Enlarge picture
The idea that apples might fall from trees differently in the summer and
in the winter may seem preposterous, but Indiana University in
Bloomington (IUB) Physicist Alan Kostelecky and graduate student Jay
Tasson think that the idea may not be so far-fetched. They argue that
violations in Newton's law may have easily gone undetected for
centuries, and that they may have plagued physics ever since."
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Gravi...n-109600.shtml

Mainstream physics is still unable to explain the spacecraft earth
flyby anomalies
http://arxiv.org/abs/0903.0109

Recently, Anderson et al. published an empirical prediction formula
for the so far unexplained parts of the velocity changes of
spacecrafts during Earth flybys. In the framework of a perturbational
approach, we show that there is no velocity-independent force field of
the Earth - in addition to its Newtonian gravity field - that is to
reproduce this formula. However, we give examples for fields modeling
exactly the flyby anomaly which are quadratic functions of the
velocity of the spacecraft.

Old April 17th 09, 06:57 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.chem,sci.math
hanson

Everything varies versus everything else and in due time.
That goes from the philosophy of cosmology at the large
end down to the minute, where variations become the
prevalent events: Zitterbewegung / Brownian Movement,
as mathematized in the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle:
------------------- hbar/2 = /\ E * /\t -------------------
or --------------- /\ p * /\ x = hbar/2 -------------------

Unfortunately, for measuring and substantiating the events
you are talking about below, the technology for the state of
the art of such needed metrology is simply not here yet.

So, be patient, but DO NOT be deterred to come forth with
your speculations and suggestions.
The experimenters, the only folks that do deserve the name
physicist, are glad to hear your proposals. Of course it's up
to you speculators, to convince them that you are right and
that the glory and credit will be theirs... and that you will be
happy to become a tiny foot note only... ahahahaha....

You don't believe me?... Check the Nobel list & see how
many theorists and how many experimenters got the prize.
Thanks for the laughs, guys... aahahahaha.. ahahanson

------------------------

Yehiel "Y.y.Porat" wrote:
if right - do you understand what that means ????
(it has a revolutionary meaning !!!
that can bring an end to a common theory and a long dispute ))
and in addition even if it does not vary each season but
even if it varies a long many centuries we can get the same
revolutionary conclusions

i suggested many years ago to check even - if there is a sligh t
difference between g (at the same spot) between day and night
while of course **neutralizing** the close environmental change
factors, like position of moon etc etc

Eric Gisse wrote:
Patently ridiculous.

Yehiel Porat wrote:
imbecile psychopath parrot.

hanson wrote:
..... hahahahahaha... AHAHAHAHAHA... I like both,
Eric's and Yehi's physics... well, socio-physics.
Thanks for the laughs, guys....AHAHahahahahanson

Old April 17th 09, 01:01 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.chem,sci.math
Elijahovah

a true science would not say vary with seasion but rather
vary with temperature or barometric pressure.
You can have an 80 degree F week or day in a Wisconsin
winter. And it has snowed in July.
I find that education hasn't been complete enough or we
wouldnt have textbooks accepted that talk about reverse
direction current flowing neg to poz
as vacant missing electron holes while electrons are in
motion. The opposite labeling of positive source for electrons
and negative destination is not a label of particle charge but
rather a numeric value. The enemy always uses linguistics
to weave his lies; and in that particular case the linguistic
is saying Hey if electrons are negative then how come if
we build up so many electrons on an object we then say
it is the positive source of electrons and will flow to a
negative destination..... duh like i said, no one teaches them
that the positive source is a numeric value of math not
a label of type charge. The greater the positive numeric number
of electrons the greater the negative charge. So the positive number
+9 electrons means it has 9 electrons and so a charge of -9.
And some where else if it is missing 12 electrons and thus a -12
in numeric value it of course then will have a charge of +12
because of lacking 12 electrons.
Actually atoms are already charged because of electron shell
layers. They already have non-equal ratio protons to electrons
because of the first shell having 2 and second shell having 6 etc.
Oxygen having 8 protons and 8 electrons is balanced;
but it comes as two atoms sharing 2 electrons so that its protons
of a two atom molecule are 16 having only 14 electrons. Thus
it already has a +2 charge. But this +2 charge does not have
a vacancy for 2 electrons to flow to.
Nitrogen has 7 protons and it too will pair up.
When we call it 14, it refers to protons and neutrons (7+7), not
its electrons, so my guess is that it has a full 6 electron outer
shell so that makes it a negative charge of 1 electron extra.
Thus a negative charge of -1 because it has a +1 numeric extra.
Yet some empty brain comes in and teaches all our children that
science has screwed up with opposite dispute of flow neg to poz
or poz to neg and then starts talking reverse hole direction as theory
to flow. Well I never heard of someone getting zapped by the electron
holes the way you get zapped with actual electrons.
So there is only one truth of flow.
So too then creating seasonal difference instead of temperature
difference is the fabrikcation of the retards. Why does those retarded
gain persuasion to pull our intellectual peak DOWN that what Moses
said as he predicted plagues so that his people can leave the stinking
place that has twisted all its great science once built up by 12th
dynasty.
America and the world has peaked, it now plummets to a destruction.
And thinks it is so smart because of all the inventions
just like ancient Egypt.
The same goes with north pole of magnet who the liar says should
point to an opposite south pole. Or claims thus the pole of magnet
and pole of Earth must be opposite. Dude get a life, the magnet
is parallel to Earth surface magnetic field. When you attract the
N of one magnet (a long bar stick) to the S of another they are in
alignment,m aking a longer magnet which still has a N end and still a
S end;
but if you place the two side by side they must still be in the same
aligment thus the N is beside N and the S is beside S,
duh just like on Earth, the further north you go the N does not point
down to the ground as north pole, it points up in alignment and the S
will dip to point to the ground. But the liar has twisted what he
thinks is happening.
He thinks that if it points north to the pole at our equator then as
you head north
it will eventually point to the north pole ground, straight down. It
is a flat lie,
it says to Eve gee wow you were told you cannt eat of any trees at
all ???
This is why you people cannot see there is more devil in the world and
satan in the world than there is God in the hearts of men.
And making money on lies is momre awesome yet.
ELIJAH
Old April 17th 09, 01:24 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.math,sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics.particle
Y.y.Porat

On Apr 17, 2:01*pm, Elijahovah wrote:
[...]

-----------------------
you are right that deciding that g varies with time
is enormously delicate
but dont give up th e possibility to do it
by
neutralizing all the 'environmental influences'
so
in order to do it **a much longer time is needed**
by trying to do the measurements
'at the same conditions '
letting only net g to 'speak '

and let me just tell you my prediction::
precise long measurements

WILL FIND DIFFERENCES IN g
along time
AT THE SAME SPOPT!!
and that will prove that
gravitation is not done by curvature of spac
but by ::
some unknown property of MASS !!
by force messengers of mass
*as all forces are done !!!**

ATB
Y.Porat
--------------------------

Old April 17th 09, 06:07 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
[email protected]

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Gravi...Each-Season-10...

Mainstream physics is still unable to explain the spacecraft earth
flyby anomalieshttp://arxiv.org/abs/0903.0109

Earth's galactic speed is affected seasonally as it crosses
Sun's galactic path. When in front of the Sun (January) Earth
decelerates, akin to gravity assist maneuver. When behind
the Sun (July) Earth is accelerated. Earth's acceleration can't
be blamed on changes in Sun's gravity. Similarly flyby
anomallies may be caused by the seasonal positioning of
Earth's and Sun's galactic paths. John Curtis

Recently, Anderson et al. published an empirical prediction formula
for the so far unexplained parts of the velocity changes of
spacecrafts during Earth flybys. In the framework of a perturbational
approach, we show that there is no velocity-independent force field of
the Earth - in addition to its Newtonian gravity field - that is to
reproduce this formula. However, we give examples for fields modeling
exactly the flyby anomaly which are quadratic functions of the
velocity of the spacecraft.- Hide quoted text -

Old April 17th 09, 11:30 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.chem,sci.math
Frank[_5_]

Now I know why I weigh more in the winter