What if I were designing Huygens II

Old January 25th 05, 04:58 AM
Graeme Bartlett

Default What if I were designing Huygens II

If I were designing the nex Titan mission

I would go for a hydrogen balloon. It would not explode on Titan.
I like the idea of wind power.
At the temperature on Titan, the atmosphere would be about 6 times as
dense as earths, making it simpler to make a balloon, propellor or
kite.

It may take a bit of research to make electronics that can work at the
ambient temperature, but the high temperature superconductors could be
operating at Titan's temperature.

Being a radio enthuiast I would send a radio. THe Ionosphere on Titan
may only reflect frequencies up to a few hudred kilohertz, so a VLF &
LF receiver, and a sensitive magnetometer for the ELF could determine
if there was lightning, aurora, or other interactions with the solar
wind. Machine civilizations may be detected also - if they were
there.

What if you were designing Huygens II David Cornell Technology 8 January 26th 05 03:06 AM
Huygens landed! Victor SETI 1 January 14th 05 11:17 PM
Huygens Sets Off With Correct Spin and Speed [email protected] Astronomy Misc 0 January 11th 05 06:59 PM
Huygens Probe Successfully Detaches From Cassini [email protected] Astronomy Misc 0 December 25th 04 04:34 AM
ESA's Huygens Probe Set to Detach From Cassini Orbiter [email protected] Astronomy Misc 0 December 22nd 04 12:41 AM