Planet of Proxima Centauri?

Old August 27th 16, 03:58 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default Planet of Proxima Centauri?

On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 10:03:34 AM UTC-4, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Sat, 27 Aug 2016 04:48:29 -0700 (PDT), Gary Harnagel
wrote:

And Peterson denigrates people. What size of mind does that?

No, I denigrate Snell, who is nothing but a bit of detritus. The
greatest minds of history have insulted trash.

And of course, the Nazis attempted to dehumanize their perceived enemies. Your worldview seems rather similar to theirs, peterson. Central control by govt, disrespect for individual rights, persecution of religions, etc.
Old August 27th 16, 03:58 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 10:08:07 AM UTC-4, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Sat, 27 Aug 2016 13:22:54 -0000 (UTC), Mike Collins
wrote:

Proxima Centauri is a flare star. The planet has an eleven hour day. UV
flux is high. There will be gravitational effects from A and B plus other
planets in the Proxima system (the discoverers hinted at another planet).
It may be tidally locked. There might be life but not as we know it Jim

I think it's perfectly plausible to assume life as we know it. The
flares double the solar output for a few seconds at a time. If our sun
did that, it wouldn't have much impact on life on Earth. Even a small
amount of water would protect Earth-like biochemistry from high UV
fluxes. The gravitational effects of A and B are small compared with
the gravitational effects of the Moon on Earth. If the Earth became
tidally locked, many life forms here would almost certainly survive.

Proxima would seem an unlikely candidate for advanced life, but
there's nothing about it, given what we currently know, that argues
against the sort of simple life that existed on Earth for most of its
history.

IOW, you have no clue, peterson.
Old August 27th 16, 04:01 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 10:49:21 AM UTC-4, Chris L Peterson wrote:

I would not so denigrate a tardigrade by comparing it to a criminal,
moral reject like Snell!

That is untrue and libelous talk, peterson. Be careful, you have no defense in court.

Old August 27th 16, 04:03 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 10:39:54 AM UTC-4, Chris.B wrote:

You win the sandcastle building contest. And he wins the sandcastle kicking contest.

That's all peterson does, build sandcastles. Well, that and commit numerous instances of libel.

Old August 27th 16, 04:14 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Saturday, 27 August 2016 16:03:34 UTC+2, Chris L Peterson wrote:

No, I denigrate Snell, who is nothing but a bit of detritus. The
greatest minds of history have insulted trash.

"Maturity beckons, but is often ignored."

Can't we just settle on his being a Tardigrade, swimming in a sea of 7 billion microbeads, in an infinite ocean, in an infinite universe, and move on?

This is not a beauty contest. Nor is it an election. There are no door prizes. You win the sandcastle building contest. And he wins the sandcastle
kicking contest. Nothing to see here, folks. Move along, please!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedo...enm ark#Libel

Libel can be a criminal matter in Denmark. Best you stay out of this, critter, lest you cross the line.

Old August 28th 16, 07:05 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Saturday, 27 August 2016 17:14:37 UTC+2, wrote:

Libel can be a criminal matter in Denmark. Best you stay out of this, critter, lest you cross the line.

Are you suggesting that arguing with an immature, lowbrow, fascist, intellectual tyrant on a minor usage science forum is libel? Have you forgotten all the "names" you have called most of the other regulars here? I'd keep that firmly in mind before smashing your piggy bank for legal funds. From the sound of it you couldn't afford to hire an Eastern European, slave laborer at Danish pay rates.

Being in a tiny minority does not make you right simply because you constantly play the underdog card. That's strictly a Hollywood myth and usually involves extreme violence and magical or superhuman powers to even up the odds against the "nasty" majority. Your paranoia is never going to whitewash your ridiculous stance. So get over yourself.

Take a reality check, sunshine. I'd check the wind direction too given your habitual toiletry habits on this forum. Now lighten up or seek support amongst others more of your own ilk. Where you might be far more comfortable and might even become the leader of the 'moral' low ground. They may not recognise a telescope but they sure as hell will recognise your "syance."

"There are none so blind as those who will not see." What's your excuse?