A Perpetual Calendar that Respects the Week

Old January 7th 13, 09:35 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway[_6_]

Default Oriel - 5th attempt

"Honest Abe" wrote in message ...

It always amazes me that not very much time elapses before the Or***
subject gets resurrected once again.

It has been suggested not just once, but many times, to add this aloof
guy to your rejection filters.

It has been suggested not just once, but many times, to ignore this
aloof guy's posts because of their meaningless content.

It has been suggested not just once, but many times, that trying to have
a conversation with this guy ends up taking up unnecessary Internet
bandwidth.

It has been suggested not just once, but many times, that continuing to
reply to these unnecessary posts defeats the purpose of the kill filters
for those sensible among us who don't want to see his or others
worthless posts.

Need I go on, or has the point been made, and made, and MADE AGAIN!

I think some of you must be caught in a quantum reality where the
uncertainty principle doesn't apply because if it did, the mere mention
of this non-matching atomic signature would have gone against the
scientific principles present within your reality. Obviously, these
types of quantum realities must exist, but I don't have to subscribe to
them.

Bottom line for all who keep the Or*** phenomenon alive.... get a life,
either within the current space-time continuum or an alternate one where
the quantum realities don't overlap.
=====================================

As the miserable whining Honest Abe only shows his griping head above the
parapet to bitch and moan about Kelleher and not to entertain us as Kelleher
does, he shall be killfiled. *plonk*

-- This message is brought to you from the keyboard of
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway.
When I get my O.B.E. I'll be an earlobe.

Old January 7th 13, 08:02 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Jan 7, 5:13*am, wrote:
On Jan 6, 2:46*pm, badastrobuster wrote:

Notice how carefully Oriel, over a period of some years, has avoided
explaining exactly where his views and the views of other members of
this group differ. He writes whole paragraphs - sometimes nultiple
paragraphs - hundreds of times a year but refuses to explain something
as basic as this.

He also refuses to answer any questions designed to identify what the
difference might be.

As an example - Oriel, if you look due south at midnight on July 1st
and again at midnight on January 1st of the next year will you see the
same stars in the same places.

Yes or no?

It would be interesting to see if "Oriole" could get by a CAPTCHA (not
practical on USENET.)

It is one of the saddest sights imaginable as astronomy was overrun by
people who had no regard for its precepts apart from destroying them
in order to promote themselves above the topics they profess to
understand yet clearly do not.The trend, therefore, is towards
homocentricity - a complete disregard for the celestial arena and
human involvement in discovery of the Earth's motions or the use of
the Earth's motions as the foundations for timekeeping.It is no longer
my issue,the new story of an idealized rotation once in 24 hours back
in 1820 is a continuation of a homocentric process that has gone on
for centuries and shows no sign of abating.

The way the timekeepers and the great astronomers laid out their
arguments,insights and discoveries are as enjoyable today as when they
first appeared,it takes only people with hearts big enough to allow
them to tell their own stories and when possible to modify or adapt
new approaches without distorting them for self serving ends as they
did a number of centuries ago.

The Christian life is life in more abundance,a more rooted connection
between the individual and the Universal and even in this dark
era,that light shines brighter than it ever did.May people here find
it in some way and ,when possible,add to what others have done.

Old January 8th 13, 08:26 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Dr J R Stockton[_193_]

In sci.astro.amateur message , Mon, 7 Jan
2013 04:14:43, Honest Abe posted:

It has been suggested not just once, but many times, that continuing to
reply to these unnecessary posts defeats the purpose of the kill
filters for those sensible among us who don't want to see his or others
worthless posts.

Not really. Anyone who persistently responds to the phenomenon id
obviously a fool, and can safely be kill-filed too.

--
(c) John Stockton, nr London, UK. Mail via homepage. Turnpike v6.05 MIME.
Web http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ - FAQqish topics, acronyms and links;
Old January 9th 13, 10:19 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Jan 8, 3:26*pm, Dr J R Stockton
wrote:
In sci.astro.amateur message , Mon, 7 Jan
2013 04:14:43, Honest Abe posted:

It has been suggested not just once, but many times, that continuing to
reply to these unnecessary posts defeats the purpose of the kill
filters for those sensible among us who don't want to see his or others
worthless posts.

Not really. *Anyone who persistently responds to the phenomenon id
obviously a fool, and can safely be kill-filed too.

I tended to kill-file responders to trolls back in the days of
sci.astro and from my perspective the group became almost readable.
The problem was that the kill-fill contained about a thousand names.
Old January 9th 13, 05:38 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default No attempt

On Jan 8, 9:26*pm, Dr J R Stockton
wrote:
In sci.astro.amateur message , Mon, 7 Jan
2013 04:14:43, Honest Abe posted:

It has been suggested not just once, but many times, that continuing to
reply to these unnecessary posts defeats the purpose of the kill
filters for those sensible among us who don't want to see his or others
worthless posts.

Not really. *Anyone who persistently responds to the phenomenon id
obviously a fool, and can safely be kill-filed too.

--
*(c) John Stockton, nr London, UK. *Mail via homepage. *Turnpike v6..05 *MIME.
* Web *http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ - FAQqish topics, acronyms and links;
* Astro stuff via astron-1.htm, gravity0.htm ; quotings.htm, pascal.htm, etc.
*No Encoding. Quotes before replies. Snip well. Write clearly. Don't Mail News.

The 'phenomena' in this case is pejorative however when the most
renowned institution in the world,NASA in this case,can't handle the
simple references and the trajectory of reasoning which keeps
rotations in sync with 24 hour AM/PM cycles in order to support an
alternative mechanical modeling using stellar circumpolar motion and a
clock,then each and every one of you have something to judge the
present situation by.

The wider world has many difficulties and faces bigger ones still in
the coming years yet an argument over one day/one rotation should not
be one of them and the very fact that I have known nothing but
hostility to what is effectively the primary fact in all astronomy
does not reflect badly on me,after all,I am handling many of the
systems inherited from other eras,including the erroneous ones,but it
casts badly on those who are aware something went badly wrong and who
don't move to correct matters. It is not a question of who looks bad
but how quickly it can be fixed and that is the way I leave
it,phenomenon or no phenomenon.

Old January 11th 13, 06:37 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Martin Nicholson

Default Oriel - 7th attempt

Notice how carefully Oriel, over a period of some years, has avoided
explaining exactly where his views and the views of other members of
this group differ. He writes whole paragraphs - sometimes multiple