Oriel - what again?

Old January 2nd 13, 08:46 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Martin Brown

Default Moonlight sonata

On 01/01/2013 23:03, Quadibloc wrote:
On Jan 1, 3:09 pm, Mike Collins wrote:

He may not know that they are myths but that doesn't change the fact that

[they]
are.

That's true. But it's also true the other way around; the fact that
they are myths doesn't change the fact that, if he's deluded into
thinking they're true, he doesn't know they are myths.

So do you think we should give equal airtime to every delusional inbred
halfwit that thinks they have been abducted by aliens as well then?

Delusional nutters have all the best stories and these days with public
education in science so lamentable they can get believed far too often.
Nearly half the US population think the world is under 10000 years old.

Anti-science is in the ascendant and you are aiding and abetting it!

Therefore, he doesn't want to deceive people... and, therefore, he
does not hate astronomy.

That depends on your perspective.

He may think that he is "saving" astronomy but he is actually trying to
destroy it. Much like the various GWB appointed sycophants installed at
NASA to add the word "theory"* to every occurrence of Big Bang or AGW.

(*) Science haters think "theory" is a derogatory word.

When you claim that Oriel hates astronomy, you are now making a
statement about his subjective world view. (He does seem to hate
"real" or "orthodox" astronomy... but you didn't use qualifiers to
overcome what is a strong default parsing for that case.)

He hates modern astronomy based on mathematical foundations. He wants to
put us back into the dark ages of superstitious mumbo jumbo.

He _wants_ to save astronomy, not destroy it. He is going about it the
wrong way; fortunately, he does not have the power to destroy
astronomy, which is the direction in which his ineffective actions in
fact tend.

John Savard

I think you would be a lot better off putting him in your kill file. You
will never be able to convert him and he is best left alone to rant away
inconsequentially on Usenet. Clueless and harmless sums him up.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old January 2nd 13, 09:32 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Jan 2, 1:46*am, Martin Brown
wrote:

So do you think we should give equal airtime to every delusional inbred
halfwit that thinks they have been abducted by aliens as well then?

I said no such thing.

Simply because his intentions are not wicked, he is not automatically
entitled to our respect.

John Savard
Old January 2nd 13, 05:18 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Jan 2, 8:46*am, Martin Brown
wrote:

He hates modern astronomy based on mathematical foundations. He wants to
put us back into the dark ages of superstitious mumbo jumbo.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

I actually like empiricism in its original form and I am truly sorry
that nobody thought it worthwhile to get behind those absolute/
relative time,space and motion definitions as they were intended,why
that form of double modeling doesn't work and all the productive
agendas that actually do work but are being obstructed by blatant
nonsense.

Modern astronomy,unless people haven't noticed,is based on
magnification foundations and the images have such fantastic stories
to tell and quite different to the ones that are front and center
today which are merely imaginative novelties designed to promote the
theorist or a bandwagon agenda rather than some facet of the celestial
arena.

Life goes on.

Old January 2nd 13, 06:09 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...08931802_n.jpg
Old January 2nd 13, 06:34 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Jan 2, 6:09*pm, palsing wrote:
On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 9:18:16 AM UTC-8, oriel36 wrote:
Modern astronomy,unless people haven't noticed,is based on

magnification foundations...

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...0209829625_120...

I never think that way and really regret that I never picked up any
friends in this forum regardless of allegiance.It seems you think the
opposite to the way I do in terms of the connection between the
individual and the Universal and perhaps that alone is grounds for
exclusion given that the present community takes every opportunity to
diminish life and especially life on this planet when it should be
going in the opposite direction.A person who looks for Universal
traits will usually find them ,if not in complexity then in simplicity
-

http://jwilson.coe.uga.edu/emat6680/...fib_nature.htm

In any case,it is time to go