Anti-Gravity Propulsion Soon a Reality (according to CNN)

Old September 8th 03, 09:39 PM
Coppy Littlehouse

Default Anti-Gravity Propulsion Soon a Reality (according to CNN)

Check this out from CNN:

Boeing, the world's largest aircraft manufacturer says it
is working on anti-gravity propulsion, which could
revolutionize conventional aviation.

Forget about aviation, think what it will do for obesity. This will
put Weight Watchers out of business.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/09/05/w...rld/index.html
Old September 8th 03, 09:51 PM
Joseph O'Neil

On 8 Sep 2003 13:39:07 -0700, (Coppy
Littlehouse) wrote:

Forget about aviation, think what it will do for obesity. This will
put Weight Watchers out of business.

-snip-

Duke Harkkonnen (spelling?) from the book "Dune" perhaps?

joe

http://www.oneilphoto.on.ca

Old September 9th 03, 12:36 AM
Jim Shaffer, Jr.

wrote:

Check this out from CNN:

Boeing, the world's largest aircraft manufacturer says it
is working on anti-gravity propulsion, which could
revolutionize conventional aviation.
http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/09/05/w...rld/index.html

CNN is going off half-cocked; I have no idea why, as this is common knowledge in
the speculative-science field. See
http://www.space.com/businesstechnol...ch_020731.html

Old September 9th 03, 01:24 AM
Alan French

"Coppy Littlehouse" wrote in message
om...
Check this out from CNN:

Boeing, the world's largest aircraft manufacturer says it
is working on anti-gravity propulsion, which could
revolutionize conventional aviation.

Don't forget, CNN is the same outfit that claimed you could see detail on
Mars with binoculars. Checking their facts and getting things right does
not appear to be their strong point (and they are not alone).

Clear skies, Alan

Old September 9th 03, 02:02 AM
Phil Wheeler

Marty wrote:
And to think I was almost ready to buy tires for my car...

DON'T .. my daughter did and her car was totalled by a truck the next day.

Phil

Old September 9th 03, 02:05 AM
Cathy

I was sure this was about astral traval and didnt want to get involved.

Marty wrote:
And to think I was almost ready to buy tires for my car...
Marty

Old September 9th 03, 04:10 AM
Cathy

Her and I are great tap dancers.

Marty wrote:
I was sure this was about astral traval
and didnt want to get involved.

It's not a bad way to travel, Cathy! Last time, I got to sit by Shirley
McLaine!
Marty

Old September 9th 03, 04:21 AM
Chris L Peterson

wrote:

Check this out from CNN:

Boeing, the world's largest aircraft manufacturer says it
is working on anti-gravity propulsion, which could
revolutionize conventional aviation.

Forget about aviation, think what it will do for obesity. This will
put Weight Watchers out of business.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/09/05/w...rld/index.html

I'm not holding my breath. No doubt there's a lot of exotic _technology_ being
developed secretly, but I doubt there is any radical new _science_. There is
absolutely nothing in modern physics that suggests antigravity is a technology
we could develop now. And if you believe that any government is capable of
developing that kind of science is secret, you've been watching the X-Files too
long.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com
Old September 9th 03, 12:02 PM
Michael Barlow

I'm constantly reminded of what my grandfather did. He used to tinker
with the odd gadget to develop what ever he needed, his cellar was packed
full of wind up clocks with stolen gears and other mechanical do-dads. The
story goes that he did have a working model of some kind of antigravity
device and wanted to sell it to the US government. They wanted to take the
device to study it before buying it, he told them where to go and went on to
other governments that did the same thing. So he destroyed the devise and
his notes and unfortunately everything to do with this died with him.

It is a true story but non of the family have ever seen this thing to
comment exactly what it was.
--
Michael A. Barlow
Lat: 42:57:13.799N

Old September 9th 03, 04:19 PM
Curtis Croulet

Forget about aviation, think what it will do for obesity. This will
put Weight Watchers out of business.

You may not weigh as much, but you'll still be fat!
--
Curtis Croulet
Temecula, California