A Space & astronomy forum. SpaceBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » SpaceBanter.com forum » Others » Misc
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Why Does Saturn Have Thin Beautiful Rings?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old October 16th 18, 01:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 797
Default Why Does Saturn Have Thin Beautiful Rings?

....instead of being surrounded by a sphere of cataclysmic asteroids and colliding

space debris? No one knows.
Ads
  #2  
Old October 17th 18, 08:18 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Sylvain[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 57
Default Why Does Saturn Have Thin Beautiful Rings?

Le 16/10/2018 √* 14:13, Mark Earnest a √©crit¬*:
...instead of being surrounded by a sphere of cataclysmic asteroids and colliding

space debris? No one knows.



Due of the Roche limit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roche_limit
  #3  
Old October 17th 18, 10:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Siri Cruise
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 44
Default Why Does Saturn Have Thin Beautiful Rings?

In article ,
Sylvain wrote:

Le 16/10/2018 √* 14:13, Mark Earnest a √©crit¬*:
...instead of being surrounded by a sphere of cataclysmic asteroids and
colliding

space debris? No one knows.



Due of the Roche limit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roche_limit


From which I infer they are transient phenomena.

--
:- Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. Deleted. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
An almond doesn't lactate. This post / \
Yet another supercilious snowflake for justice. insults Islam. Mohammed
  #4  
Old October 20th 18, 08:55 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 287
Default Why Does Saturn Have Thin Beautiful Rings?

Only stable way is to have many small particles in a common orbital
plane. If there were some in different planes, then there'd be
collisions.
  #5  
Old October 21st 18, 11:48 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 797
Default Why Does Saturn Have Thin Beautiful Rings?

On Saturday, October 20, 2018 at 2:55:13 PM UTC-5, casagi... wrote:
Only stable way is to have many small particles in a common orbital
plane. If there were some in different planes, then there'd be
collisions.


Yes but what holds the asteroids in one thin circle around Saturn?
  #6  
Old October 21st 18, 11:59 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,057
Default Why Does Saturn Have Thin Beautiful Rings?

On Sunday, October 21, 2018 at 3:48:34 PM UTC-7, Mark Earnest wrote:
On Saturday, October 20, 2018 at 2:55:13 PM UTC-5, casagi... wrote:
Only stable way is to have many small particles in a common orbital
plane. If there were some in different planes, then there'd be
collisions.


Yes but what holds the asteroids in one thin circle around Saturn?



The perfection of the quintessence.

Double-A


  #7  
Old October 22nd 18, 06:36 AM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,750
Default Why Does Saturn Have Thin Beautiful Rings?

On Sunday, October 21, 2018 at 3:48:34 PM UTC-7, Mark Earnest wrote:

Yes but what holds the asteroids in one thin circle around Saturn?


https://www.google.com/search?q=what...ome&ie=UT F-8
  #8  
Old October 22nd 18, 09:37 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 797
Default Why Does Saturn Have Thin Beautiful Rings?

On Sunday, October 21, 2018 at 5:59:38 PM UTC-5, Double-A wrote:
On Sunday, October 21, 2018 at 3:48:34 PM UTC-7, Mark Earnest wrote:
On Saturday, October 20, 2018 at 2:55:13 PM UTC-5, casagi... wrote:
Only stable way is to have many small particles in a common orbital
plane. If there were some in different planes, then there'd be
collisions.


Yes but what holds the asteroids in one thin circle around Saturn?



The perfection of the quintessence.

Double-A


Seems perfect enough to hear it said.
  #9  
Old October 22nd 18, 10:16 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Arc Michael
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,480
Default Why Does Saturn Have Thin Beautiful Rings?

On Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 6:14:01 AM UTC-6, Mark Earnest wrote:
...instead of being surrounded by a sphere of cataclysmic asteroids and colliding

space debris? No one knows.


NASA knows. small roids also orbit Saturn and near the rings, they 'move' the particle along. also when space ships need to exit the big planet they can manipulate a path. and close it back up. Otherwise, outsiders are out of luck upon approach.
  #10  
Old October 23rd 18, 12:00 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 797
Default Why Does Saturn Have Thin Beautiful Rings?

On Monday, October 22, 2018 at 4:16:45 PM UTC-5, Arc Michael wrote:
On Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 6:14:01 AM UTC-6, Mark Earnest wrote:
...instead of being surrounded by a sphere of cataclysmic asteroids and colliding

space debris? No one knows.


NASA knows. small roids also orbit Saturn and near the rings, they 'move' the particle along. also when space ships need to exit the big planet they can manipulate a path. and close it back up. Otherwise, outsiders are out of luck upon approach.


NASA thinks it knows and so does everyone else but really no one does.

A ring does not happen by chance. Something or someone has to put it there.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Look at the remnants of supernova 1987A. Beautiful rings arereflections of neutron hole. Ivan Gorelik Amateur Astronomy 2 August 18th 13 03:51 PM
Look at the remnants of supernova 1987A. Beautiful rings are... G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 2 November 20th 08 11:22 PM
Look at the remnants of supernova 1987A. Beautiful rings arereflections of neutron hole. Ivan Gorelik Policy 7 November 6th 08 09:57 AM
Look at the remnants of supernova 1987A. Beautiful rings arereflections of neutron hole. Ivan Gorelik History 9 November 6th 08 09:57 AM
Look at the remnants of supernova 1987A. Beautiful rings arereflections of neutron hole. Ivan Gorelik CCD Imaging 1 November 4th 08 08:48 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2018 SpaceBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.