An eventful astronomical day in red

Old July 28th 18, 02:57 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
StarDust

Default An eventful astronomical day in red

On Friday, July 27, 2018 at 1:01:55 AM UTC-7, Gerald Kelleher wrote:
With a lunar eclipse event due in a number of hours there are many new issues to discuss, for example within the Polar day/night cycle at the South pole presently, there is a sub day/night cycle created by reflected light of the orbiting moon but never from daily rotation.

https://www.usap.gov/videoclipsandmaps/spwebcam.cfm

Another event is when the Earth overtakes Mars at our relative closest distance so Mars appears largest and brightest to our faster moving planet -

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap160915.html

In contrast to the faster moving Venus and Mercury who also appear largest from our slower moving planet at our mutual closest points as they move in a smaller orbital loop but appear darkest at this astronomical event -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7U5VbasKr4&t=107s

The centre of direct/retrograde motions will eventually be noticed, if it hasn't already have, in terms of how the planets appear to us depending if they move faster or slower. This necessary partitioning is certainly brought into focus with the event today when Mars is at the centre of an illusory loop as the old astronomers once saw it but now is really at the point where the Earth moves on after catching up to the planet over the last number of months when the planet started to move backwards as gauged against the background stars.

werewolf coming to Earth on blood moon?

How does a person become a werewolf?
Common ones are being bitten, being born, and drinking rainwater from the footprint of a werewolf or drinking downstream from one. There are multiple origins of them. ... They became the humanoid werewolves with a human posture, a wolf like head and hair/fur covering their body.
Old July 28th 18, 09:07 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

In addition to the new illusory vs actual loops (direct/retrograde motion) which divide the faster moving from slower moving planets seen from a moving Earth, spectacular new imaging allows observers to distinguish the changing relationship of Mars to the Sun in terms of inclination -

https://www.popsci.com/sites/popsci....v_Gqt&fc=50,50

The change in inclination is a property of the planet itself as the point of reference is the circle of illumination of Mars which is implied in those images.

The 'red' moon event has passed but the red planet remains to enchant those who have not lost their intuitive faculties which convert long term observations into enjoyable narratives. Our two neighbouring planets tell their own stories to each individual observer if they are prepared to allow those observations speak for themselves.

Astronomical Brandon[_2_] CCD Imaging 0 August 22nd 07 12:59 AM
Astronomical Software Bob Day Research 0 January 1st 06 11:48 AM
Astronomical Phillip Helbig---remove CLOTHES to reply Research 0 December 29th 05 11:06 AM
Astronomical Charles Francis Research 24 December 27th 05 11:05 AM
astronomical CCD's Stuart Turrell UK Astronomy 0 November 25th 03 12:59 AM