NASA's biggest worry right now: What if something goes wrong with the Webb telescope?

Old February 28th 18, 05:49 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha

Default NASA's biggest worry right now: What if something goes wrong with the Webb telescope?

"Chris.B" wrote in
:

On Wednesday, 28 February 2018 15:47:43 UTC+1, Bill wrote:

You appear to have miss-attributed his remarks to me.

Then, I'm afraid, you must be posting in the wrong thread. I
assumed your "faint praise" defense of AI1461 was aimed squarely
at me. Ain't paranoia wonderful? ;-)

Plus, you can't read. And are stupid. And delusional.

--
Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland:

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Old February 28th 18, 06:10 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

Old February 28th 18, 06:49 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Bill[_9_]

On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 09:10:31 -0800 (PST), Chris.B wrote:

On Wednesday, 28 February 2018 15:47:43 UTC+1, Bill wrote:

You appear to have miss-attributed his remarks to me.

Then, I'm afraid, you must be posting in the wrong thread. I assumed your "faint praise" defense of AI1461 was aimed squarely at me. Ain't paranoia wonderful? ;-)

This was my post to you - any to whom it might apply:

Are people here feeling insecure, left out, unimportant, no one listens
to them; or their well considered viewpoints? So when someone comes
along with some trival flaw - real or percieved - y'all go non-linear
about it?

If that doesn't describe you, then maybe you can understand that
contining to poke fun at him, needlessly, is not appropriate for
someone of your standing?

Seriously

--
Email address is a Spam trap.
Old February 28th 18, 07:30 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha

Bill wrote in
:

On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 09:46:25 -0700, Jibini Kula Tumbili
Kujisalimisha wrote:

Bill wrote in
:

On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 23:32:23 -0800 (PST), Chris.B wrote:

On Tuesday, 27 February 2018 23:26:05 UTC+1, somebody wrote:

And yet, the US runs the world. Go figure.

Which explains my cough beef with America, Bill.

WE, of the rest of the world didn't get to vote for our own
demise. The world, outside the USA, is absolutely horrified
by the infantile Trumpet. Plus the USA's endlessly and deeply
corrupt, pseudo-religious politics of insatiable, global
greed and evil interference and promotion of human slavery.

The three party system doesn't work in anyone's interest
except the ultra-rich: The majority NRA, minority White House
& deaf, dumb and blind GOP gravy train is a recipe for global
mayhem. That mayhem is self-sown right right there at home.

No other Western country is so wasteful, so destructive, so
unwell, has so many prisoners, so much violent crime, so much
reliance on drugs, so many massacres, so much racial tension,
such low average wages, so little real democracy and so many
poor.

Despite these crippling weaknesses your country's malevolent
influence on global business and politics continues. What
price freedom when it is at the price of such misery?

To add to the tragedy your very own businessmen have
massively bolstered Chinese trade and military power for
private greed. As the World's Boy Scout slinks away from the
world's latrines who will take up the pretence of moral
leadership?

The American people and world's people deserve far better
than endless Xi dictatorship. With Putin playing the role of
Mussolini. Did the American people vote for this brave new
century's Hitler? American businessmen certainly did. With
their mass export of real jobs and priceless, hard-won
technology.

You appear to have misttributed his remarks to me.

He *is* an idiot, you know

So what if he is an idiot -

It explains why he can't read what he's replying to and understand
it.

sometimes?

All the time.

We, the US, are not perfect by a long shot - and whether not
he's foaming at the mouth with resentment towards the US won't
change the fact that we do have problems at home and abroad that
continue to evade solutions.

That he's delusional, possibly hallucinating, indicates that he has
nothing to say that is worth taking seriously. He might as well be
complaining about magical pink unicorns raping his pet goat.

Lots of people are blind with hate towards Trump.

To the point of irrationality. Many, such as Chrissy here, are
literally incapable of seeing *anything* else.

I agree with
him on some things - and disagree with him on others; but he IS
my president - and I want him to do his duty to the American
people -- what he owes us all, under our laws and constitution.
Past that, he's just a human being with a lot on his plate - and
the whole f-ing world taking pot shots at him - hoping he'll
fail.

If you look at the things the President can actually affect, things
are looking better than they have in a long time. The economy's
picking up, military morale is improving, other countries, friends
and foes, are figuring out the game's changed, and the new boss
isn't going to take their ****.

Whatever my disagreements with my president, the rest of the
World could not care less for us.

And never did.

They only want access to the
US taxpayer's money, and to tell us what and how to run our
country.

for their benefit.

We've paid them substantial amounts of money - spilled
a lot of American blood in their defense. It's F us - if we
cater to their demands to do as they want us to do, and double F
us when we fail to meet their shifting expectations.

Except the smarter ones (or, perhaps, less stupid ones) are
starting to figure out that they need us more than we need them.
The US is the ultimate market for a lot of goods and services, and
our economy can withstand trade wars a lot better than anybody
else's. China's ****ting bricks over it right now, since their
economy has been a house of cards for a couple of decades now. A
trad war with them won't do our economy any good, but it could
spark an outright revolution there.

(I normally don't have the time to waste posting pointless
appeals/arguments on usenet; but a major flare-up of arthritis
has me temporarily hobbled where I am unable to pursue more
appealing opportunities. My other excuse is that the potent
anti-inflammatory medications I'm on can have a side effect of
making me irritable; but that's an excuse - not a reason. I
still have a choice in what I do - or don't do. For me, that
means as soon as I have the use of my legs back - I'll take my
leave to pursue more appealing activities.)

I'm just here to amuse myself making fun of idiots.

Old February 28th 18, 08:11 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Bill[_9_]

On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 09:46:25 -0700, Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
wrote:

Bill wrote in
:

[...]

So what if he is an idiot - sometimes?

We, the US, are not perfect by a long shot - and whether not he's
foaming at the mouth with resentment towards the US won't change the
fact that we do have problems at home and abroad that continue to evade
solutions.

Lots of people are blind with hate towards Trump. I agree with him on
some things - and disagree with him on others; but he IS my president -
and I want him to do his duty to the American people -- what he owes us
all, under our laws and constitution. Past that, he's just a human
being with a lot on his plate - and the whole f-ing world taking pot
shots at him - hoping he'll fail.

Whatever my disagreements with my president, the rest of the World
could not care less for us. They only want access to the US taxpayer's
money, and to tell us what and how to run our country. We've paid them

Old March 1st 18, 08:10 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Wednesday, 28 February 2018 20:12:04 UTC+1, Bill wrote:

[...]

Then we must hope for a swift improvement in your condition for your own sake.

My reason for posting my personal opinions is old age and a total inadequacy of leadership over all of that time. How you can possibly respect The Great Leader simply because he is nominated by a minority of the American electorate is a very real worry. Will he burn down Congress next? Will his followers start to wear easily recognizable uniforms? Will they begin to mark "illegals" doors with a star? [Accidental topical context]

Trumpet is a corrupt inadequate who really belongs in a DC comic as the arch enemy of a brave and honest vigilante hero. Trumpet has no place in any reality show where world leadership is so desperately required: As we race towards the maelstrom of AI, robotics, Broken China and the inevitable mass unemployment to follow at all levels of society, except the offshore, tax free.

Trumpet spends his valuable time defending the indefensible. Just as he always has with his army of goose stepping lawyers to protect himself and his dealings. His online rhetoric is the stuff of an infants school playground for the "educationally challenged." I simply cannot bring myself to watch his cheap, sex doll impressions of Alec Baldwin.

Where is the Pulitzer Prize piece which will whip the rug out of The Great Blowhard and his shady cohorts? We are still waiting for the classical, black and white: "Ego Unchained!" starring Steve Ban-non as Goebbels and directed by a "criminal illegal." "The Emperor has no new clothes," was already taken. As was "The 45th Godfather".

Foaming at the mouth? Hardly. America's Greatest Reality Show will continue into another season despite my "minor" criticisms. The majority of American people are hard working, incredibly creative and generous. Imagine what they could achieve with REAL leadership? Leadership which can keep it in their pants and out of the gutter news headlines. Imagine a president of the people. Nah, even I, as an eternal optimist, really can't see that one coming.

Hi-Yo, iRosinante, away! ;-))
Old March 1st 18, 04:26 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha

Take your meds, dude. You know the nurses don't like it when you
don't.

Old March 1st 18, 05:12 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Bill[_9_]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFugRFKqjFg
--
Email address is a Spam trap.
Old March 1st 18, 05:55 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Bill[_9_]

On Thu, 01 Mar 2018 08:26:15 -0700, Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
wrote:

Take your meds, dude. You know the nurses don't like it when you
don't.

We, the US, are a work in progress. We've been evolving and developing
since before 1776 -and the process continues.

I'm not going to launch into ad hominems. Chris' perspectives are his
own - they are not mine; but then I'll wager that he and I have had very
different experiences in life that might cause each of us to see things
very differently.

As for our frenemies in Europe.... When they have demonstrated that
they're able to fix their current problems, I'll be more open to
considering their input on how we might address our own issues.

History shows us what a stable, and wonderful, place that Europe has
been. Just look at what they did to the World. I guess Chris has
forgotten European Imperialism and how they were once major perpetrators
of injustice throughout the World.

The US will solve many of its problems - just not on Chris' timetable.
It is what we do.

--
Email address is a Spam trap.
Old March 1st 18, 09:55 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Kujisalimisha wrote:

Take your meds, dude. You know the nurses don't like it when
you don't.

We, the US, are a work in progress.

So is Chrissy.

We've been evolving and
developing since before 1776 -and the process continues.

He's been crazy all his life, and keeps getting crazier.

I'm not going to launch into ad hominems.

S'Okay, dude. I've got it covered.

Chris' perspectives
are his own

That happens when you live in your own fantasy world.

- they are not mine; but then I'll wager that he and
I have had very different experiences in life that might cause
each of us to see things very differently.

Perhaps his parents dropped him on his head a lot when he was an
infant.

As for our frenemies in Europe.... When they have demonstrated
that they're able to fix their current problems, I'll be more
open to considering their input on how we might address our own
issues.

Heh. Yeah, hold your breath on that.

History shows us what a stable, and wonderful, place that
Europe has been. Just look at what they did to the World. I
guess Chris has forgotten European Imperialism and how they were
once major perpetrators of injustice throughout the World.

The US will solve many of its problems - just not on Chris'
timetable. It is what we do.

While running the world.