Let's go to Mars!

Old September 26th 17, 01:19 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

Default Let's go to Mars!

Mars is a beautiful land with plenty of life. We just cannot see it yet. Whenever the Martians feel they can trust us they will show themselves to us. They are really very friendly once you get to know them.
Old September 26th 17, 05:03 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"Mark Earnest" wrote in message

Mars is a beautiful land with plenty of life. We just cannot see it yet.
Whenever the Martians feel they can trust us they will show themselves to
us. They are really very friendly once you get to know them.

*** I have an idea, let's send noTroll to Mars ... sort of like the
canary in the coal mine ... if we get back screed about sewage
lagoons and trailer parks, then he feels right at home there and
it's safe for all Liberals to go there ...

Old September 26th 17, 10:03 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 5:19:16 AM UTC-7, Mark Earnest wrote:
Mars is a beautiful land with plenty of life. We just cannot see it yet. Whenever the Martians feel they can trust us they will show themselves to us. They are really very friendly once you get to know them.

The problem is that we are obviously NOT trustable!

Double-A

Old September 26th 17, 11:02 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 2:03:40 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 5:19:16 AM UTC-7, Mark Earnest wrote:
Mars is a beautiful land with plenty of life. We just cannot see it yet. Whenever the Martians feel they can trust us they will show themselves to us. They are really very friendly once you get to know them.

The problem is that we are obviously NOT trustable!

Double-A

No surface Water,Only life are microbes 22 feet down.Global dust storms that have litle force since gas in atmosphere is so very thin. Jupiter inner moons are a better place to visit if your looking for life.
Old September 26th 17, 11:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 3:02:21 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 2:03:40 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 5:19:16 AM UTC-7, Mark Earnest wrote:
Mars is a beautiful land with plenty of life. We just cannot see it yet. Whenever the Martians feel they can trust us they will show themselves to us. They are really very friendly once you get to know them.

The problem is that we are obviously NOT trustable!

Double-A

No surface Water,Only life are microbes 22 feet down.Global dust storms that have litle force since gas in atmosphere is so very thin. Jupiter inner moons are a better place to visit if your looking for life.

It get very chilly once you get to Jupiter!

Double-A

Old September 27th 17, 12:20 AM posted to alt.astronomy
hanson

http://tinyurl.com/Glazier-the-loud-retarded-pig alias
"Herbert Glazier" wrote:
"It's reality", but "I side swiped the van into a pole.
It made a dent on the two side doors.I feel bad about it",
especially since the contents of the bucket that I **** into
tipped over and spread it all over the Van. But I, TreBert
will blame "Benj" again for that. "it's a given".

What pole was that, Bert? Did you damage some
public property again by you trying to park your car
illegally, like you always do?... Did you wait for the
police to come? Post what the official police report
said?... and most all, it is hoped that you did not miss
this blessed occasion for you to call the TV crews
to put you on News@11, which is your greatest wish.
Don't just lie here & say: "Go figure"... "It's a pity"

Old September 27th 17, 04:10 AM posted to alt.astronomy
a425couple

On 9/26/2017 5:19 AM, Mark Earnest wrote:
Mars is a beautiful land with plenty of life. We just cannot see it yet. Whenever the Martians feel they can trust us they will show themselves to us. They are really very friendly once you get to know them.

Yes.
Of course, once you make clear you intend to kill
them, they can turn into very capable foes.

I strongly recommend the following short story.

The short story "Duel on Syrtis" by Poul Anderson,
written in 1951, is one of 8 short stories from his book
"Strangers from Earth". It is in my opinion, very interesting.
It had me quite interested and emotionally involved.

The alien native Martians were a protected species,
but rich Earth man Riordan really, really wanted one for
his trophy case and was quite sure he had figured out
how to hunt the toughest ever prey down and mount it.

If anyone is interested in reading this story, or hearing
it read aloud, here is a youtube with it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP1vRiJfW_A
Duel on Syrtis by Poul Anderson
The 16th Cavern
Probably the only downside (but maybe not?) is, it's 50 minutes.

another read about it is from
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6...are-and-others
is the narrative:
"DUEL ON SYRTIS
Although it was illegal to hunt Martians for sport, when one had a
enough money the laws could be circumvented. Riordan had the money now
he wanted the skin of Martian to hang on the wall of his trophy room. Of
course the Martian has other ideas."

-------------------
Seems like a real common & old topic,
where all have we seen it before this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Most_Dangerous_Game (1924)
"The story has been adapted numerous times, but most notably
for the 1932 RKO Pictures film The Most Dangerous Game, starring
Joel McCrea and Leslie Banks, and for a 1943 episode of the CBS
Radio series Suspense, starring Orson Welles."
'"The Most Dangerous Game" is a popular read within middle and high
school curriculums due to the strength of the themes within the story.'

Below are cut & pastes from that wiki --
A Game of Death (1945)
Run for the Sun, starring Richard Widmark, 1956
In 1961, the film Bloodlust!
Brian Trenchard-Smith's Turkey Shoot and its remake Turkey Shoot (2014)
Jean-Claude Van Damme thriller Hard Target (1993), was loosely based on
the same story.
In Surviving the Game (1994)-- the film stars Rutger Hauer, Ice-T, and
Charles S. Dutton.
In The Eliminator (2004),
The Pest (1997) is a comedic parody of the story,

Get Smart episode, "Island of the Darned"
This trope was used in the season 3 (1968), episode 22 of I Spy, "The
Name of the Game".
In the pilot episode of Fantasy Island, a big-game hunter comes to the
island to be hunted by a man, an interesting twist on the usual version
in which the hunted participates against his will.
In the Gilligan's Island episode "The Hunter", big-game hunter Jonathan
Kincaid (Rory Calhoun) turned his sights on Gilligan when he realized
there were no wild animals on the island.
In the series finale of Bonanza, entitled "The Hunter", a deranged
killer, Corporal Bill Tanner (Tom Skerritt), who was formerly a tracker
for the United States Army, hunts Little Joe (Michael Landon).
The Canadian series Relic Hunter had an episode called "Run Sydney Run"
that was very closely based on The Most Dangerous Game, with Peter
Stebbings acting as General Tsarlov.[citation needed]

also
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...mes_in_fiction
It sure seems on the edge of my memory that there was
a Star Trek episode on this. ??

Old September 28th 17, 03:34 AM posted to alt.astronomy
hanson

So, http://tinyurl.com/Glazier-the-loud-retarded-pig
is hereby NOT asked whether to "go to Mars", but
asked whether SwineBert lied yesterday, like he
usually does, when the following was posted:

http://tinyurl.com/Glazier-the-loud-retarded-pig alias
"It's reality" because "I side swiped the van into a pole.

Old October 1st 17, 07:03 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 7:23:26 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 3:07:03 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 3:02:21 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 2:03:40 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 5:19:16 AM UTC-7, Mark Earnest wrote:
Mars is a beautiful land with plenty of life. We just cannot see it yet. Whenever the Martians feel they can trust us they will show themselves to us. They are really very friendly once you get to know them.

The problem is that we are obviously NOT trustable!

Double-A

No surface Water,Only life are microbes 22 feet down.Global dust storms that have litle force since gas in atmosphere is so very thin. Jupiter inner moons are a better place to visit if your looking for life.

It get very chilly once you get to Jupiter!

Double-A

From Jupiter the Sun must be the size of a dime.Or smaller?? TreBert

GOPers made sure after killing JFK that the Saturn V would be scraped and they with the help of Mafia fly the Micky mouse shuttles.After killing 12 and stealing 90 billion bucks,they now scraped the shuttles and are paying Russia or China so we can visit the ISS.So sad So true. What has happened to my America? It is now a land where the Godfather is the power and the glory.I fought this from happening since 1963.I'm lucky to be alive.If I was a reported on the Washington post I would have been shot in my head.Bradlee told me that.So sad that I will die in the worse of times.TreBert