the moon

Old September 15th 03, 01:24 PM
Tim Longwell

Holy wrote:
"I like to read the questions and answers here and that's a good way to
learn things "

Just be careful to verify what you read even in these news groups. Sadly
between the trolls, the Psychos and the just plain foolish, there's much
information on the internet that is not to be trusted as correct information
media on all things.

You will generally be able to tell with practice which comments you can
trust and which are better left on ignore.

Glad we can help you enjoy your new hobby! As Jack Horkheimer likes to say,
"keep Looking up!"
--
Clear Skies!

========
Tim Longwell
Black River Astronomical Society
http://junior.apk.net/~arstar50/BlackRiver.index.html
Elyria, Ohio

=========

"Holly" wrote in message
I would like to say thanx again for your replys to my questions that is
pretty cool of you. I know alot of peeps wouldnt take the time to anser
questions from someone like me and thats ok I usaly dont come to places
like this but lately ive been intested in the moon. I like to read the
questions and ansers here and thats a good way to learn things and if i
have a question thats not to dumb ill ask it.

Holly wrote:

Me I live like around detroit but in the suburbs of course.
and about getting up a 4 or 5 i dont know about that becauase i like
to sleep but for saturn it might be wooth it. The problem i have is
like in my back yard there are trees and houses things like that so
thats ok to see the moon becauase i know about where it will be
since i been like studying it but i figured out which was east is
and all that and to have a good look at east theres a garage right
in my way so ill have to go to this park down the street to see it
but i dont know if i can carry the telescope that far unless someone
helps me. But i will figure out a way hopefully.

Holly (

A trick you might use in hunting down Saturn is one I try to get
people to use when they visit the planetarium or our web site - find
those dates when the Moon will be near the planet and let the Moon be
your guide.

If you go to the site Heaven's Above mentioned before
(http://www.heavens-above.com), you can use their interactive star map
to put in dates (to get you started, the Moon will be north of Saturn
in the morning skies of the 19th) to see when it lines up near the
planet from your location. In this case, roughly at monthly intervals
from the date I have listed, you could check for times of the evening
when the Moon and Saturn would be above the horizon and close by.

Just a thought.

Old September 15th 03, 10:56 PM
Holly

Oh I know about internet weirdos trust me and your right even a coolp lace
like this weirdos can still be here and i get messed with alot usualy
becuase people probly think im dumb or somethin but i guess thats life it
dont bug me that much and when someone messes with me ill mess with them
back.
I can take a joke as long as peeps dont get perverted and weird.

Old September 16th 03, 12:07 PM
Painius

"Tim Longwell" wrote in message...

Just be careful to verify what you read even in these news groups.
Sadly between the trolls, the Psychos and the just plain foolish,
there's much information on the internet that is not to be trusted as
correct information media on all things.

You will generally be able to tell with practice which comments you
can trust and which are better left on ignore.

Glad we can help you enjoy your new hobby! As Jack Horkheimer likes to
say, "keep Looking up!"

And speaking of Jack...

http://www.jackstargazer.com/

....enjoy!