True - Arthur Clarke was right - space changes DNA

Old March 11th 18, 08:22 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

Default True - Arthur Clarke was right - space changes DNA

On Friday, March 9, 2018 at 3:35:06 PM UTC-8, a425couple wrote:
SCOTT KELLY: NASA TWINS STUDY CONFIRMS ASTRONAUT'S DNA ACTUALLY CHANGED
IN SPACE
BY KATHERINE HIGNETT ON 3/9/18 AT 1:28 PM
Pause
Mute
0:25
0:58

Fireworks in Space: NASA’s Twins Study Explores Gene Expression

(In quite a few of Arthur Clarke's novels, he made a clear point
that those who chose to do a career living and working in
space had to have saved their sperm / eggs on earth beforehand,
to keep their DNA safe.)

Astronaut Scott Kelly’s DNA was altered by a year in space, results from
NASA’s Twins Study have confirmed. Seven percent of his genes did not
return to normal after he landed, researchers found.

Scott Kelly and his twin brother, Mark Kelly—also an astronaut—were the
subjects of the study that sought to find out exactly what happens to
the body after a year in space.

Scott stayed on the International Space Station from March 2015 to March
2016, while Mark remained on Earth. This was the final mission for
Scott, who spent a total of 520 days in space during his career.

See All Of The Best Photos Of The Week In These Slideshows

Scott Kelly's one-year stint in space is "a stepping stone to a
three-year mission to Mars," NASA reported. At present, astronauts only
spend six months on the International Space Station as standard. A
mission to Mars, however, could take three years.

3_9_Kelly twins
Scott (right) and Mark Kelly (left).
NASA

Researchers studied Scott in space psychologically and physiologically,
comparing his results to those of his Earthbound brother. They looked at
various proteins and evaluated the twins' cognition as part of the
overall study. Ten research teams presented their preliminary findings
last year at NASA’s Human Research Program 2017 Investigators' Workshop
(IWS). The recent 2018 IWS saw these findings confirmed. Researchers
also presented data from Scott’s time back on Earth.

The researchers linked space travel to oxygen deprivation stress,
increased inflammation and striking nutrient shifts that affect gene
expression. Some of these changes went back to normal within hours of
landing on Earth. A few, however, still affected Scott six months after
his return.

In 2017, researchers discovered that the endcaps of Scott Kelly’s
chromosomes—his telomeres—had become longer while he was in space.
Further testing confirmed this change, and revealed that most of the
telomeres had shortened again within just two days of his return.

After landing, 93 percent of Scott Kelly’s genes returned to normal, the
researchers found. The altered 7 percent, however, could indicate
long-term changes in genes connected to the immune system, DNA repair,
bone formation networks, oxygen deprivation and elevated carbon dioxide
levels.

3_9_Twins Study
The plan for the multiple research areas in NASA's Twins Study.
NASA

The individual studies on the twins will be combined into a summary
paper, as detailed in the graphic above. This summary is set to be
released later this year. The research will inform NASA's understanding
of the human body in space for "years to come," the agency reported, as
it "continues to prioritize the health and safety of astronauts on
spaceflight missions."

http://www.newsweek.com/scott-kelly-...asa-dna-838535

Its crazy for man to go to Mars.Sending robots trained to do the exploring fits so much better.3 years is nothing for robot.Al nly needs a oneway trip..No food or Bud.No sex.Its work work work. Bert
Old March 11th 18, 09:58 PM posted to alt.astronomy
hanson

"SwineBert Glazier" wrote that
"Bert is crazy & trained to have fits so much better with
No food or Bud. No sex.Its work work work." said Bert
the http://tinyurl.com/The-Chosen-Graveyard-Vandal who

pimps https://tinyurl.com/Glazier-s-sexual-harassments
and constantly posts -tales-about-tails- to hide and cover up
http://tinyurl.com/Swine-Glazier-s-REAL-intent [1] which
is very different from SwineBert's posted, phony Sanctimony,
(see Bert's filthy and criminal details inside [1], wherein
Bert says:

"I am a proud Jew with a Superiority complex & an
IQ of 1.22", and "I know how everything works." because...

"My Grandfathers had tails". Trebert (see link [2 & 3] below)
"The bigger their tail the more they looks like an
asshole on steroids" (asteroids)
"Most have one tail. Some have two, (WOW)

"They have little spin if any at all." "They do not rotate"
"They hav no Twins. Even ones with two tails."
"Their tails show this reality when making U turns". Trebert
which is why...

"I park & bark in the dark. I'm of low wit & a stupid ****."
"My bar tab for Bud Light broke all records". Bert
"I use Cocaine which is a wonder-drug for me". Bert
"I am all alone in my van with my bucket that I **** into"
"I have profound conversations with that bucket. (see link [3] below)
.."I feel very safe when I lie. I will lie till I die.O ya. Trebert."

"Why am I posting this, it's making me cry as it always does"
"I am all alone in my van and I am very depressed". Bert
"Why am I not loved by all. I am very depressed". Bert.
"Being Jewish I know this is so very true. O ya" -- Bert.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/Untifsdffd.jpg [2]
http://maxpixel.freegreatpicture.com/static/photo/1x/Proboscis-Monkey-Sepilok-Borneo-1406242.jpg
[3]

hmmm...snicker...chortle...ahahahAHAHA...ROTFL

Quotes from Arthur C Clarke Alan Erskine[_2_] History 0 March 19th 08 01:42 PM
Arthur C. Clarke Spongey Misc 4 April 19th 05 10:19 AM
The Sir Arthur Clarke Awards Jerry Stone Policy 1 March 28th 05 02:35 PM
Arthur C. Clarke's 86th B'Day Michael Gallagher History 0 December 16th 03 03:39 PM
Arthur C.Clarke PSmith9626 UK Astronomy 52 July 13th 03 01:34 AM