From the Moon to the Stars

Old February 23rd 18, 10:56 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default From the Moon to the Stars

On Friday, February 23, 2018 at 1:43:38 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Friday, February 23, 2018 at 7:48:12 AM UTC-8, Mark Earnest wrote:
On Friday, February 23, 2018 at 7:13:17 AM UTC-6, Daniel60 wrote:
On #2 #3, Mark Earnest wrote:
On Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 8:39:02 PM UTC-6, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 2:58:52 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Not sure what you mean by "mindless system". My comments are clear and
dirrect and don't involve any special consideration; just a modicum
knowledge of astronomy and math.

If you think it's a crazy idea to point out that man will always be
limited to light speed and likely something far less, and that
interstlerar spaces are so great as to definitely preclude the
possibility of visits by man, then please spell out your reasoning.

we got to the moon in 3 days(SaturnV) To go outside our solar system and reach the closest star will not be achived for 285 years.In reality its a waste in time for man,and Al and his kind do it best Treb

We can get to the Moon in two days, we can get to Mars on the inside of a week, we can get to Pluto in two weeks, and we can make to Alpha Centauri in thirty days.

It takes light 4.25'ish years (1,550'ish days) to get here from Alpha
Centauri ... yet we can get there in thirty days??

Really??

Yes really and it can happen with modern technology. Improve technology a little and it will be even faster. And travelling there will be safe for those on board and they will be secure with artificial gravity as well.

Stop reading you tube,and stay with reality,Alpha Centauri and artifical gravity are well beyond our reach.

As soon as Cochrane invents the Warp Drive, it will seem like next door!

Double-A

Old February 24th 18, 12:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On #2 #3, Mark Earnest wrote:
[...]

Have a little faith Bert. Man is on the precipice of conquering space--the universe is there for us and is there for a reason. Man thinks this is impossible because he is still in the dark ages.

Old March 12th 18, 11:43 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On #2 #3, Mark Earnest wrote:
[...]

Robot probes will get to the stars.They can be made to travel for LYs and common sense tells you this is the future of deep space travel.Bert
Old March 13th 18, 12:48 AM posted to alt.astronomy
hanson

"Herbert Glazier" wrote
that "common sense tells you this is the future of Bert
whose "bar tab for Bud Light broke all records". Bert.
"I use Cocaine which is a wonder-drug for me", Bert.
"Why am I posting this,its making me cry as it always does"
"I am all alone in my van with my bucket that I **** into"
"Why am I not loved by all. I am very depressed". Bert
"I'll be buried-face-down for the echo of my words to fade away",
"Being Jewish I know this is so very true. O ya" -- Bert.

hmmm...snicker...chortle...ahahahAHAHA...ROTFL M

Old March 13th 18, 04:21 AM posted to alt.astronomy
a425couple

On 2/17/2018 3:09 AM, Mark Earnest wrote:
It will not take much effort to lift enough stuff from the Earth to the Moon to build a launch base to the solar system and to interstellar space.

Well, your 'not much' is quite expensive.
For real figures see my post
"The Tyranny of the Rocket Equation"
Old March 13th 18, 05:18 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Michael[_8_]

On Monday, February 19, 2018 at 12:22:04 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Even traveling at or near light speed, which is extremely unlikely,
it would still take many years to go anywhere significant outside the
solar system. At current maximum speeds, it'll take thousands of
millennia ! Why don't you do the simple math ? This is confirmed by
the fact that, although galaxies are obviously populated by many
intelligent species, we are yet to be visited by any.

space curves like a tunnel at certain [ ]. cannot reveal. but that is an option. in space travel. Type level 1 or above.
Old March 13th 18, 10:51 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Monday, March 12, 2018 at 10:22:20 PM UTC-5, a425couple wrote:
On 2/17/2018 3:09 AM, Mark Earnest wrote:
It will not take much effort to lift enough stuff from the Earth to the Moon to build a launch base to the solar system and to interstellar space.

Well, your 'not much' is quite expensive.

Not if you use airplanes that can escape the pull of gravity.

Moon and Stars Starlord Amateur Astronomy 4 July 22nd 05 11:31 AM
Stars showing in moon photos Tim Epstein History 4 May 9th 05 04:16 PM
moon, mars, 2 stars and kids therabbidastronomer Amateur Astronomy 2 March 26th 04 07:41 PM
'Pole Stars' on the Moon? JimO Misc 13 December 19th 03 06:10 AM
'Pole Stars' on the Moon? JimO UK Astronomy 13 December 19th 03 06:10 AM