Our Moon as BattleStar

Old January 30th 04, 03:12 AM
Rick Sobie

Default Our Moon as BattleStar

http://www.members.shaw.ca/rsobie/Mo..._Glactica.html

There ya go uncle...

Old January 30th 04, 05:41 AM
The Lord of the Rain\( Suresh __NoJunkMail kumar\)

how about the Moon as Noah's Arch?
-suresh

Old January 30th 04, 09:52 AM
Rick Sobie

In article , mail says...

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:47:19 -0700, "Carl R. Osterwald"
wrote:

In article W3jSb.332577$X%5.21232@pd7tw2no, Rick Sobie
wrote:

Rick Sobie has a web****e:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/rsobie/Mo..._Glactica.html

There ya go uncle...

"a star ship captain from the future"

Riiiiiiight.

Have you heard him?

Do you know him?

Then why are you sceptical?

Are you suggesting that a large rock, hit the earth, with blasted
another rock into space, and then it was pelted by asteroids
and became round?
Then why doesn't it rotate on its axis?

Where is the proof of your assertion or is this yet another case
of acedemia deluding itself?

At least I provide proof of my assertion.

Old January 30th 04, 09:53 AM
Rick Sobie

In article , says...

how about the Moon as Noah's Arch?
-suresh

Well it ain't no Von Neuman Probe.
It is much too big to be a nanobot.

Old January 30th 04, 10:04 AM
Clave

wrote:

Rick Sobie has a web****e:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/rsobie/Mo..._Glactica.html

There ya go uncle...

"a star ship captain from the future"

Riiiiiiight.

Have you heard him?

Do you know him?

Then why are you sceptical?

Are you suggesting that a large rock, hit the earth, with blasted
another rock into space, and then it was pelted by asteroids
and became round?
Then why doesn't it rotate on its axis?

It does, kook.

Jim

Old January 30th 04, 10:09 AM
Rick Sobie

It does, kook.

Jim

Um hello, moron, look up in the sky. See the face on the moon.
Ever seen any other side of the moon except the one facing earth?

Old January 30th 04, 10:33 AM
Clave

"Rick Sobie" wrote in message

...the moon doesn't rotate...

It does, kook.

Um hello, moron, look up in the sky. See the face on the moon.
Ever seen any other side of the moon except the one facing earth?

Oh, I see -- it isn't rotating relative to the center of the universe, ie *you.*

It all makes sense now.

Jim

Old January 30th 04, 10:48 AM
\\The Commentator//

Rick Sobie wrote:

In article , mail says...

Then why doesn't it rotate on its axis?

It does rotate, Its period of rotation is the same as its orbital
period.

I suggest you bone up on astrodynamics, it seems to have escaped your
attention.
Old January 30th 04, 10:56 AM
Cap'n TrVth

"Clave" wrote in message
"Rick Sobie" wrote in message

...the moon doesn't rotate...

It does, kook.

Um hello, moron, look up in the sky. See the face on the moon.
Ever seen any other side of the moon except the one facing earth?

Oh, I see -- it isn't rotating relative to the center of the universe, ie

*you.*

It all makes sense now.

Jim

That's my Free-thinking Clam-BOI!!!!!!!
W00t Nice job Clave.

You can make -anything- com true with enough of that ****!

-Cap

Old January 30th 04, 12:08 PM
bookman

"Rick Sobie" wrote in message

Then why doesn't it rotate on its axis?

"Tidal lock".
- http://www.physics.sfsu.edu/~lwillia...shm/sld023.htm

Ir you are going to assert things about planetary mechanics,
why don't you start by reading some elementary books on
the subject? Next you'll be claiming that you have to slow
down to move from a high geostationary orbit to a lower
geostationary orbit. Sheesh.