I think I got it fixed now.

Old July 2nd 03, 07:53 PM
Terrence Daniels

Default I think I got it fixed now.

"Scott Lowther" wrote in message
"Comments and criticisms"... Uh... Should I criticize your rocket

engine?

Go for it.

OK... Well... It sounds like a really neat system. The only thing that
raises my eyebrows is the part that constricts the nozzle for choosing
escape thrust vs. orbital entry thrust... What happens if there's an error
and that thing didn't come off? Wouldn't that mean you suddenly have a
rocket that delivers too much power, too quickly? Having engine problems on
ascent usually means too LITTLE thrust, not too much. I guess having a
jettisonable nozzle constriction is a lot less risky and complex than having
some way of throttling the engine mechanically, but I'd want to make really
sure that the mechanism for attaching/detaching that constrictor piece is
really simple and reliable.

That's up to other people to build though, right? If I understand this
right, it's the novel configuration of the rocket that you and your
co-workers have patented, and not actual hardware.

Any idea how big this thing would be? Is it a scaleable design?

Capsule for new space initiative CA Zuke Technology 14 April 9th 04 07:01 AM
Rover brains? hrtbreak Technology 37 February 23rd 04 05:01 PM
"The Hole in NASA's Safety Culture". James Oberg Space Shuttle 17 July 14th 03 07:40 PM
I think I got it fixed now. Terrence Daniels Space Shuttle 0 July 2nd 03 07:53 PM