Shawn Grant, DON'T See "Lord of the Rings"

Old December 11th 03, 05:05 AM
Davoud

Default Shawn Grant, DON'T See "Lord of the Rings"

"Shake hits Dublin!
04-Nov-03

For the first time in Ireland *Apple Computer* will demonstrate Shake
3, it¹s *industry standard* compositing and effects solution for film
and HD at the Apple Professional Video event at the Shelbourne hotel on
the Thursday 6th of November.

For the past three years WETA Digital, New Zealand¹s foremost visual
effects facility, has used Shake software as the *primary film
compositing system* to handle the *enormous visual effects
requirements* for New Line Cinema¹s and Peter Jackson¹s adaptation of
J.R.R. Tolkien¹s epic ³Lord of the Rings² trilogy. WETA is
simultaneously producing all three films in the trilogy: ³The
Fellowship of the Ring,² ³The Two Towers² and ³The Return of the King.²
To date, Shake has been instrumental in helping WETA tackle more than
1,000 compositing-intensive effects shots on the projects. Shake has
also been used on other Feature films such as ³Matrix Revolution² and
³X2².

With the ability to scale from offline to DV, SD, HD and film, Final
Cut Pro has quickly become an invaluable addition in many film and
television production facilities. Now Final Cut Pro 4, with new
broadcast quality codecs that allow offline and online media to be
mixed on one timeline, as well as *real-time output to NTSC and Cinema
Tools integration enables an offline/online workflow on a single Power
Mac G5*. Great color correction tools and our HDR imaging allow you to
finish on Final Cut Pro. Finally, Shake brings *the technology behind
the past six Oscars* for Best Visual Effects to Mac OS X, now with
unlimited distributed network rendering."

Not bad for a wimpy little computer that nobody uses, what? That fool
of a director, Peter Jackson, even said that one reason that he was
able to make all three ³Rings² films simultaneously was that he could
save time by editing in Apple's Final Cut Pro on his PowerBook while
flying around from location to location. You need to contact him with
your news flash that Macs are worthless. I know he'll thank you.

How's the ASCII solitaire going?

Davoud

Factiod: Apple is the only computer company to have won an Oscar, an
Emmy, and a Grammy.

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
Old December 11th 03, 05:16 AM
Richard DeLuca

In article , Davoud
wrote:

SNIP

Not bad for a wimpy little computer that nobody uses, what? That fool
of a director, Peter Jackson, even said that one reason that he was
able to make all three ³Rings² films simultaneously was that he could
save time by editing in Apple's Final Cut Pro on his PowerBook while
flying around from location to location. You need to contact him with
your news flash that Macs are worthless. I know he'll thank you.

How's the ASCII solitaire going?

Davoud

Factiod: Apple is the only computer company to have won an Oscar, an
Emmy, and a Grammy.

Thanks Davoud. I love it. I'm about to replace my G3 PowerBook with a
new one.

Starry Skies,
Rich
Old December 11th 03, 05:18 AM
Jim Roberts

"Davoud" wrote in message

How's the ASCII solitaire going?

Davoud

Haha, ASCII solitaire.

When I was in elementary school, we use to argue whether Commodore or Tandy
systems were better.

Regards,
Jim

Old December 11th 03, 02:13 PM
Stalin

In article , "Shawn Grant"
wrote:

Thanks Davoud. I love it. I'm about to replace my G3 PowerBook with a
new one.

I would suggest a Dell.

You mean a Dull.
Old December 11th 03, 02:17 PM
guid0

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:18:37 -0500, "Jim Roberts"
stepped up to the plate and batted:

"Davoud" wrote in message

How's the ASCII solitaire going?

Davoud

Haha, ASCII solitaire.

When I was in elementary school, we use to argue whether Commodore or Tandy
systems were better.

Regards,
Jim

My TRS-80 could run rings around any commodore machine. All you ex-PET
owners were deluding yourselves back then! ; )

G../0
Old December 11th 03, 02:28 PM
Jon Isaacs

"Shake hits Dublin!
04-Nov-03

This is definitely OFF TOPIC. This newsgroup is not about MACs vs PCs.

Responding to a troll like Shawn is excuseable, after all that is his goal.

However adding your own troll, whether inadvertent or not, is a something to be
avoided.

Let this thread die.

jon
Old December 11th 03, 03:51 PM
Starstuffed

Jim reminisced:

When I was in elementary school, we use to argue whether Commodore or

Tandy
systems were better.

Darn, where does the time go!! I remember an old joke that went like this.
.. .

Question: How do we know that computers have were around in biblical times?
Answer: Because Eve had an Apple and Adam had a Wang.

--
Martin
Remove "ilikestars" from email address to reply

Old December 11th 03, 04:04 PM
Wfoley2

For those who wish to pay over $2K for a computer that compares favorably with
a $1K one, have at it!! It has a great OS but I need the other $1K more.
Clear, Dark, Steady Skies!
(And considerate neighbors!!!)

Old December 11th 03, 05:01 PM
Shawn Grant

You know what Davoud. I think you are avoiding something. You have been
beat. You know using your Mac you cannot tell me when is the next time the
Moon will Occult Saturn within the continental US when it is dark. Sad shame
that your Mac doesn't run good quality astroware.

Event the great Linux user Sam Wormley missed it and missed it by several
years.

Old December 11th 03, 06:58 PM
Jim Roberts

"Davoud" wrote in message

How's the ASCII solitaire going?

Davoud

Haha, ASCII solitaire.

When I was in elementary school, we use to argue whether Commodore or Tandy
systems were better.

Regards,
Jim

My TRS-80 could run rings around any commodore machine. All you ex-PET
owners were deluding yourselves back then! ; )

G../0

lol!
Nuh uh! stomp! Mine is better than yours!!