Eclipse and Airplane

Old November 9th 03, 06:17 AM
macnmotion

Default Eclipse and Airplane

I caught a plane crossing a partially-eclipsed moon:
http://www.macnmotion.com/eclipse/eclipse32.jpg

Here's a sequence of the first half of the eclipse:
http://www.macnmotion.com/eclipse/firsthalfsteps.jpg

And here's an animation of the first half of the eclipse:
http://www.macnmotion.com/eclipse/firsthalfanim.gif

I'll finish the sequences tomorrow.

macnmotion

Old November 9th 03, 06:36 AM
Mike Simmons

WOW! It looks like the plane is headed for a landing on the Moon. The
other pics are great, too.

Mike Simmons

Old November 9th 03, 01:54 PM
Davoud

macnmotion:

I caught a plane crossing a partially-eclipsed moon:
http://www.macnmotion.com/eclipse/eclipse32.jpg

Here's a sequence of the first half of the eclipse:
http://www.macnmotion.com/eclipse/firsthalfsteps.jpg

And here's an animation of the first half of the eclipse:
http://www.macnmotion.com/eclipse/firsthalfanim.gif

All superb -- thanks for posting! I hope the nutsos find your excellent
plane pic -- the explanations as to why there is an airplane landing on
the moon should make for great reading.

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
Old November 9th 03, 02:06 PM
Larry McHenry

Hi All,

Great Eclipse tonight!

I also got lucky and recorded a jet flying thru the near total eclipsed moon!

http://home.comcast.net/~lemaaap/vid...ane-0804pm.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~lemaaap/vid...me-110803a.gif

These were done using a 80mm f3 refractor and my Stellacam Ex at various shutter
speeds, and a red eyepiece filter.
The images were recorded at the telescope's prime focus to a JVC digital
camcorder and later captured indoors to a computer using a 'Snappy'.
Then used AstroStack software to combine images, apply unsharp mask, adjust
brightness/contrast. Used Adobe PhotoDeluxe to create jpgs and gifs.
Used UnFreez to create the animation from the gif images.

Larry McHenry

Video Website:
http://home.attbi.com/~lemaaap/vidcap/video1.htm

Old November 9th 03, 03:08 PM
macnmotion

Default Eclipse and Airplane - Gallery Now Complete

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I've completed my online gallery,
including a full sequence and a 20-frame animation.

They can be found at:

http://www.macnmotion.com/

Have a great day. Go Bills! Andy

John Steinberg wrote:
macnmotion wrote:

I caught a plane crossing a partially-eclipsed moon:
http://www.macnmotion.com/eclipse/eclipse32.jpg

Here's a sequence of the first half of the eclipse:
http://www.macnmotion.com/eclipse/firsthalfsteps.jpg

And here's an animation of the first half of the eclipse:
http://www.macnmotion.com/eclipse/firsthalfanim.gif

Truly superb shots and sequences. Thank you for sharing your stunning
results!

Old November 9th 03, 03:10 PM
Davoud

macnmotion:
I caught a plane ...

I meant to add in my earlier response: The rest of your site is also
very nice.

How do you like your Milburn Wedge? I'm in the market for a wedge for
my Meade 8" as well.

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
Old November 9th 03, 03:12 PM
macnmotion

Thanks again for the comments. The Milburn wedge is, in my opinion,
hands down the best on the market. It's rock solid. I now have an
autoguider, and look forward to taking some much better DSO images using
that wedge.

And the rest of the Milburn equipment I have is first rate as well
(dovetail rails, piggyback bracket, counterweight system, rings).

macnmotion

Old November 9th 03, 03:14 PM
John Oliver

Davoud wrote:

macnmotion:

I caught a plane crossing a partially-eclipsed moon:
http://www.macnmotion.com/eclipse/eclipse32.jpg

Here's a sequence of the first half of the eclipse:
http://www.macnmotion.com/eclipse/firsthalfsteps.jpg

And here's an animation of the first half of the eclipse:
http://www.macnmotion.com/eclipse/firsthalfanim.gif

All superb -- thanks for posting! I hope the nutsos find your excellent
plane pic -- the explanations as to why there is an airplane landing on
the moon should make for great reading.

Davoud

And how that large plane found a long enough runway ...

--
JPO