Lunnar occultation of Venus - approach phase

Old June 18th 07, 03:53 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Pete Lawrence[_1_]

Default Lunnar occultation of Venus - approach phase

I hope other's had some luck with this. Quite a bit of cloud about
today...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/occulta...s_and_Moon.jpg
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old June 18th 07, 04:03 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Jim[_1_]

In article , Pete Lawrence wrote:
I hope other's had some luck with this. Quite a bit of cloud about
today...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/occulta...s_and_Moon.jpg

That's a rather atmospheric image Pete, no pun intended.

Jim
--
Find me at http://www.ursaMinorBeta.co.uk
"Inspiring bold John Barleycorn! What dangers thou canst make us scorn!
Old June 18th 07, 04:35 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Anthony Ayiomamitis

Pete Lawrence wrote:
I hope other's had some luck with this. Quite a bit of cloud about
today...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/occulta...s_and_Moon.jpg

Hi Pete,

Perfect weather (so far) here in the southeastern Mediterranean.
Anxiously waiting for the second half (reappearance).

I was impressed how bright Venus appeared .. and especially in relation
to the moon.

Back within the hour with lots of material.

Good luck with the second half of the occultation.

Anthony.
Old June 18th 07, 08:53 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
John Nichols

"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
I hope other's had some luck with this. Quite a bit of cloud about
today...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/occulta...s_and_Moon.jpg
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk

Hey, at least you got to see it. No such luck for us North Americans.

Nice picture, too.

Old June 18th 07, 11:41 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Ben

Lovely image, Pete!

Thanks for the post

Ben

Old June 19th 07, 12:21 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Pete Lawrence[_1_]

How many "n"s in Lunar - must have been the excitement!!

Here are a couple of additional shots...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/occulta..._14h02m10s.jpg

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/occulta...appearance.jpg

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/occulta...appearance.jpg

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/occulta..._15h22m12s.jpg
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old June 22nd 07, 09:47 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

That's certainly further proof as to how extremely bright the planet
Venus actually is compared to the illuminated surface of our
physically dark, somewhat salty and otherwise downright nasty moon.
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/occulta...s_and_Moon.jpg
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/occulta...appearance.jpg
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/occulta..._15h22m12s.jpg
Especially if having been utilizing an unfiltered camera/lens and if
being situated upon the naked moon would have to make Venus all that
much more so vibrant than depicted by these nifty images obtained by
Pete Lawrence "Lunnar occultation of Venus - approach phase".
http://groups.google.com/group/uk.sc...886c0b640dfbc0
Too bad the best our hocus-pocus NASA/Apollo wizards could manage is
having included a few rather dull images of Earth along with Apollo
stuff illuminated as though by way of a Xenon lamp spectrum, without
their having any hint of raw solar UV or of the secondary/recoil worth
of having anything near-blue as skewed about their Kodak moments at
that.

In other honest to God words, we didn't actually walk on that moon of
ours, did we. It's not possible to have walked on our physically dark
and nasty moon without their having gotten a few FOVs worth of having
included Venus.
-
"whoever controls the past, controls the future" / George Orwell
-
Brad Guth