Moon and Stars

Old July 20th 05, 07:04 PM
Starlord

Default Moon and Stars

July 20, 1969 ... First time Man walks on a body other than the Earth.

July 20, 2005 ... Scotty of Star Trek goes beyond the Rim.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net

Old July 20th 05, 07:15 PM
Mark S. Holden

Starlord wrote:
July 20, 1969 ... First time Man walks on a body other than the Earth.

July 20, 2005 ... Scotty of Star Trek goes beyond the Rim.

Here's a news story:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in710383.shtml
Old July 21st 05, 03:44 AM
Amyotte

But... never in the show did Captain Kirk say "Beam me up, Scotty," contrary
to this article.

http://www.filmsite.org/moments02.html

Brian

Old July 21st 05, 08:51 AM
Oh Yea?

There was a nice piece on NPR today. What would Star Trek have
been without Scotty. Incomplete. He got interviewed on our area radio
station years ago. I called in with my Scott's broag-e'. He picked right
up on it - it was hilarious. The program host had clued him in to who I
was
as someone involved in astronomy in my area. We had one helluva
conversation.
The man was very well read and informed. Years later... I ran into Scotty
in
the Northwest. He remembered me from the program in my area. He always
impressed me as a man of great stamina for one thing, and again... well
read
and informed, and interested in science. A unique personality and hard to
replace.

Beam me up Scotty. (and I dont give a Unicorn's Arse if he ever actually
said
it or not!).

Old July 22nd 05, 11:31 AM
Tom Randy

On 2005-07-20 14:04:51 -0400, "Starlord" said:

July 20, 1969 ... First time Man walks on a body other than the Earth.

July 20, 2005 ... Scotty of Star Trek goes beyond the Rim.

It was Scotty's turn to be beamed up..Thank you James.....

--
PCs, like air-conditioners, are useless when you open Windows.