This is depressing news...Google wants to 'host' Wikipedia...

Old February 17th 05, 07:27 AM
Wayne Farmer

"Michael Moroney" wrote in message
"Twittering One" writes:

What do you think would happen
to teh WIki, if this happened?

I guess he's predicting the same thing that happened to Google

(News)Groups
will happen to it.

"Classic" Google is very good.
The new Google Maps beta seems to be quite good.
But the new Google Groups sucks rocks.

Wiki is quite good now. Don't f with it.

I imagine that Google would prefer to have as many Wikipedia users as
possible go through a Google front end to get to Wikipedia, so that searches
for items in Wikipedia would also present search results from the web at
large and from Google's ad sponsors.

I know at least, for me, that I've increasingly been going to Wikipedia for
information on something, rather than Googling for it, because I know I'll
usually find at Wikipedia a well-organized article telling me all I need to
know about something, along with links to other Wikipedia articles expanding
on the subject.

Google wants to get in on the action. The tragedy would be if Google was
able to force all Wikipedia users to use a Google search instead of going to
Wikipedia directly. That may not be what Google is initially offering, but
it is certainly a direction that Google would be interested in moving
towards.

Wayne (Wikipedia user and contributor)

Old February 17th 05, 03:19 PM
hanson

PEEPING "Tom Potter" weaseled in message
... and snipped the salty part.
[hanson]
...... ahahaha.... Here it is again for your benefit:

[Peeping Tom posted yesterday]
When I was in business, the telephone system I had,
recorded all of the incoming and outgoing call data.
I wrote a program that analysed the information,
and presented it in a graphic form with people and
place names, rather than numbers. and after an
employee had been with me for a couple of weeks,
I knew pretty much every thing about them from
their phone calls.
I knew who their friends were,
if they were shopping around for another job,
if they had some deal cooking with a lawyer,
if they had a medical problem,
if they were taking drugs,
if they had a girl friend on the side,
if they were henpecked,
if they were a mommy's boy,
if they were gay, etc.

[hanson]
..... ahahaha... so you did, Tom, huh... Your parents
must have had a 6th sense when the saw you 1st time:
Instinctively they must have known that they produced
a PEEPING TOM... and aptly so named you... ahahaha..

[Peeping Tom]
Imagine what Google knows about us!
And about politicians, corporate leaders,
religious leaders, financial leaders, frazir, etc.
Tom Potter

[hanson]
..... ahahaha... Tom, your expression of awe over this
must be producing stirrings in your old loins... ahahaha..
Thanks for all the laughs, Tom.
ahahaha... ahahanson

More funny stuff below from Peeping Tom today:

"hanson" wrote in message
nk.net...
"Tom Potter" wrote in message
"Al On Wheelz" wrote in message
On 15 Feb 2005 11:28:01 -0800, "John Schoenfeld" wrote:
Google fails to realize tens of millions in advertising revenue

[Al On Wheelz]
GMail is invitation only at this time, but this is only during the
present testing period. From the GMail FAQ:
"We're currently only offering Gmail as part of a preview release and
limited test. We don't have details on when Gmail will be made more
widely available, as that depends in part on the results of the test."

[Tom Potter is instigating now, building his case:]

Google is deliberately feeding out Gmail invites
in order to build up a (Spider) web link
of how individuals are related to other indicviduals.
and they are building up a data base of the
personal connections of all the folks on the planet.
Pretty powerful information, eh?

[Tom finds that Jews have prior art. Lays blame:]

It is interesting to observe that a Mossad funded Israeli
company had contracts with American telephone
companies that gave them access to how folks were
related, ( Data on all of the phone calls made in America.)
The data they had was powerful,and no doubt they used it
to manipulate people, but the information and the power
they had, is nominal compared to what Google has,
and is building in.

[hanson]
Tom now tells everybody that he out-instigated, that he did it
before the Jews had the idea, and that he, Potter, even spied
on his OWN people unlike the mossad who only checked on their
perceived enemies. (Tom the paranoid geriatric does not even
realize how much time and $$ it would take to check "Data on
all of the phone calls made in America.)... ahahaha....

[Peeping Tom]
It is interesting to see that Harry Hyena hanson does not know that
*** Amdocs Ltd., an Israeli company ***
has contracts with the 25 biggest phone companies in America
to provide billing services for most directory assistance calls,
and virtually all call records and billing in the United States,
and that they have a record of almost all calls made
on land line telphones in America.

[hanson]
Listen, Peeping Tom, you got this wrong.... ahahaha....
I, hanson, give a rats ass and I could care less who listens
to my speeches, talks and contacts. When some Peeping
Tom(s) do listen it must be because they wish to learn from my
wisdom... ahahaha... Most other people feel the same way.
It's only subversives, like you, common criminals and perverts
that have such a peeping fetish or are worried about Peeping
Toms who may be keeping a record of their calls... ahahaha...

[Peeping Tom]
P.S.
Of course, Harry Hyena hanson knows this,
but he doesn't want anyone else to be aware of it.
Poor Harry, poor Amdocs, poor Mossad, poor Israel.
How they must suffer knowing that Google has far more
and far better,and far more powerful information
Timely information is power, and Google has the most timely,
accurate, and powerful information, on the planet. Yahoo,
Microsoft, the Mossad and the CIA are babes in the woods.
Tom Potter

[hanson]
Listen Peeper Tom, you better give it a rest. First you put an
accusatory tinge into your post... instigating and laying blame
onto Jews and now one gets the distinct impression that yellow
streaks and skid marks are developing in your bloomers.... ahaha..
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO HIDE, PEEPER?

Old February 17th 05, 10:04 PM
Double-A

Tom Potter wrote:
[snip]
Tom Potter http://home.earthlink.net/~tdp

Set your clock, Tom!

Double-A

Old February 17th 05, 10:46 PM
Zach

that is illegal what you did - deplorable! have you no sense of
decency? talk about Big Brother! shame on you! SHAME!

zach

Old February 18th 05, 05:31 AM
Tom Potter

"hanson" wrote in message
nk.net...

--
Tom Potter http://home.earthlink.net/~tdp

Old February 18th 05, 07:11 AM
hanson

"Tom Potter" wrote in message
I like Harry Hyena hanson,
Tom Potter

[hanson]
Good, Tom. Thanks. But you bore me here with your
peeping fetish repetitions. I'll catch you again later in
some future post of yours when the urge hits you and
compels you once more to save humankind from itself.
.....ahahaha... ahaha... You are always good for a chuckle.
ahahaha... ahahanson

Old February 18th 05, 03:36 PM
Tom Potter

"hanson" wrote in message
nk.net...
"Tom Potter" wrote in message
I like Harry Hyena hanson,
Tom Potter

[hanson]
Good, Tom.

I am pleased to see that Harry Hyena hanson
agrees with me when I assert that it is not
in the interests of America and Americans to permit foreign companies
with ties to a foreign nation's intelligence services
to have access to all of the private telephone records
made in America.

As Harry Hyena hanson knows,
*** Amdocs Ltd., an Israeli company ***
has contracts with the 25 biggest phone companies in America
to provide billing services for most directory assistance calls,
and virtually all call records and billing in the United States,
and they have a record of almost all calls made in America.

No doubt this information is useful for ferreting out
and targeting vunerable politicians and
government employees.

One can pretty much profile anyone if they
have access to all of their telephone records.

Of course, Google has moved far beyond the
Mossad and the CIA,
and let us hope that Google's data on individuals is
not made available to foreign nations,
and that foreign interests are not allowed to
gain control of Google.

--
Tom Potter
http://home.earthlink.net/~tdp

Old February 18th 05, 04:26 PM
hanson

PEEPER "Tom Potter" wrote in message
I am pleased to see that Harry Hyena hanson agrees with me

[hanson]
Don't come on to me like that you geriatric perv!
.....ahahaha... Peeper Tom, you are hallucinating.
Don't be so desperate and don't flatter yourself.
I do NOT agree with you, AT ALL, but I like you
because you are good for a chuckle.
Tom, you remind me more and more of the "instigating
Jews" you so hate and rail/rile against... In fact, you behave
far worse, far more stupid and louder that they. Only
you are not effective... and that makes you funny, a joke.

[hanson]
I *repeat and repost* AGAIN Tom, for you to take a hint:
**I'll catch you again later in some future post of yours**
when the urge hits you and compels you once more to save
humankind from itself.
Now, Tom, don't hang onto me as if I were your savior.
ahahaha... ahahanson

Old February 18th 05, 09:34 PM
Tom Potter

"hanson" wrote in message
k.net...
[...]

"hanson" wrote in message
nk.net...
"Tom Potter" wrote in message
[...]

I, like Harry Hyena hanson, could
"care less who listens to my speeches, talks and contacts."
( In fact, the more the better.)

but I suggest that it is not in the interests of democracy and freedom,
for ANY government to allow foreign companies
with ties to the foreign nation's intelligence service,

to have access to telephone records and other critical information,

because this information can and DOES
embarrass and compromises
people in high government offices.

Although *** Amdocs Ltd., an Israeli company ***
has contracts with the 25 biggest phone companies in America
to provide billing services for most directory assistance calls,
and virtually all call records and billing in the United States,
and have a record of almost all calls made on land line telphones in
America,
this information is not as useful as it was,
( For controlling politicians and government employees.)
before the advent of Google,
and no doubt the Mossad management are looking for ways to
compete with, discredit, or control Google.

The investments that manipulators have made in media
and information collection have been negated by
the Internet and Google, and the job remains to see that
the Google insiders are not permitted to use the information they collect
to distort public policy.

--
Tom Potter http://home.earthlink.net/~tdp

Old February 19th 05, 05:10 PM
hanson

PEEPER "Tom Potter" wrote in message
Of course, Google has moved far beyond the Mossad
and the CIA, and let us hope that Google's data
on individuals is not made available to foreign nations,

[hanson]
Peeper Tom,
why does this worm you so, Potter, when it was YOU,
according to your own words, 2 days ago, who bragged to
have SPIED on his own employees a generation before
"they" do it?.... ....ahahahaha....

[Peeper Tom]
I wrote a program that analysed the information,
and presented it in a graphic form with people
and place names, rather than numbers. and after
an employee had been with me for a couple of
weeks, I knew pretty much every thing about them
from their phone calls.
I knew who their friends were,
if they were shopping around for another job,
if they had some deal cooking with a lawyer,
if they had a medical problem,
if they were taking drugs,
if they had a girl friend on the side,
if they were henpecked,
if they were a mommy's boy,
if they were gay, etc.

[Peeper Tom]
Of course, Google has moved far beyond the Mossad
and the CIA, and let us hope that Google's data
on individuals is not made available to foreign nations,

[hanson]
First you were bagging on the Jews over this on this & now
you try to weasel out by involving CIA and Google.. ahaha..
--- Why is it that you have such a hang up about Mossad?
These turds have only a big loud mouth but they are so inept
that they could NOT find means to find a peaceful solution, for
the last 60 years, to live in peace with their inpoverished neighbor.
Potter, you should apply for a job with the Mossad to alleviate
your fears, concerns and attitudes. You'll fit right in, Tom.
ahahahahaha

[Peeper Tom]
Of course, Google has moved far beyond the Mossad
and the CIA, and let us hope that Google's data
on individuals is not made available to foreign nations,
who put the race, religion, cultural ties, and place of birth,
above loyalty to America.

[hanson]
Tom, you stupid, archaic fart, you apparently have not heard
that there is a global economy which includes OUT-SOURCING:

Hey, Peeper Tom, you geri-paranoid sphincter, asshole and
turd rolled up into one, don't you know that every US citizen's
and especially YOUR IRS account, YOUR Social security records,
all YOUR BANK records and all your Credit card transactions are
handled and processed by persons residing IN Bangalore India,
in Taipei Taiwan, in Djakarta, in a hole slew of Eastern European
nations, in Zurich CH, in Vaduz Lichtenstein, in Toulouse FR, in
Tel Aviv IL, in Johannesburg SA, in Christchurch NZ, and lately
in Valparaiso Chile ... ahahaha.... ahahahaha.... and... and...
they ALL look for and at PEEPER Tom Potter's evil deeds...
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO HIDE, PEEPER TOM POTTER?

Are they all perhaps looking to snare you for your subversive
behavior, when you wanted to "baste Bush in oil and serve him
on a platter" and then "**** on Bush & his family... in a blood fest".
Shall I repost these, your posts, for you again?... ahahahaha.......

[Tom]
I suggest that it would be in the interests of loyal Americans,
if the FBI and CIA kept closer tabs on the people,
who put the race, religion, cultural ties, and place of birth,
above loyalty to America.
Tom Potter

[hanson]
All you "suggest" is that you are a paranoid geriatric basket case
who has sick attitudes towards the race, religion, cultural ties, and
place of birth of people... and "loyalty"?... you don't even know
what that word means -- **** YOU, POTTER! .....you and loyalty
are mutually exclusive terms "as can be seen" in your own words,
when you wanted to "baste Bush in oil and serve him on a
platter" and then "**** on Bush & his family.. in a blood fest".

[hanson]
I *repeat and repost* AGAIN Tom, for you to take a hint:
**I'll catch you again later in some future post of yours**
when the urge hits you and compels you once more to save
humankind from itself.
Now, Tom, don't hang onto me as if I were your savior.
ahahaha... ahahanson

[hanson]
ahahaha..... AHAHAHAHA.....
So, you have to hang onto me...... ahahaha.... ahahaha...
Thanks for the laughs, Tom.
ahahaha... ahahanson

BTW: Tom, buy some stock in Google. It'll put you into
a better position to whine and complain... ahahahaha......