general relativity website

Old December 31st 07, 10:18 AM posted to sci.astro.research
Oh No

Default general relativity website

Hello everybody,

I have completed, at least for now, the relativity sections of my
website. I am motivated by the fact that I do not believe any progress
in foundations is possible if the general theory is not properly
understood, and because a proper understanding of gtr is necessary to
understanding cosmology, particularly issues like cosmological
expansion. I have put together an introductory level course, from first
principles, including sections on the required mathematics for those who
either have not done it, or need revision.

http://www.teleconnection.info/rqg/MainIndex

My aim has been to put rather more weight on clarifying the kind of
thinking that lead Einstein to the special and general theories than one
finds in text books, and also to make the mathematics as straightforward
and succinct as possible. Certainly it is a lot shorter, and I hope more
approachable than any textbook that I know of, as I have found a number
of treatments which simplify, and I hope clarify, those from the books
(though I don't treat every topic one might find in a textbook).

Any comments on anything inadequate or not clear will be gratefully
received. This can be done either on the site or here.

Regards

--
Charles Francis
moderator sci.physics.foundations.