An Accidental Mission To The Sun?

Old May 19th 15, 04:25 PM posted to alt.astronomy.solar
[email protected]

Default An Accidental Mission To The Sun?

I believe that years ago Nasa sent up a probe that did not follow the intended course, because part of the design team was using metric units and part of the design team was using "English" units. As I recall this probe fell into the sun. Can anyone help me find this story? Is my recollection even close to the truth? Thanks

Expedition 16 Progress 27 Docking / HUBBLE SERVICING MISSION /STS-120 - MISSION HIGHLIGHTS John[_1_] Space Station 0 December 26th 07 01:48 PM
Rumblings at mission control: NASA Reviews Canceled Asteroid Mission Raving Loonie Misc 0 March 17th 06 06:15 AM
Accidental Collisions of Cataloged Satellites Identified (Forwarded) Andrew Yee News 0 May 23rd 05 01:17 AM
Accidental Orion? Parallax Technology 36 November 9th 03 10:56 PM
Astronaut deaths: shuttle versus other accidental deaths David Ball Space Shuttle 16 August 26th 03 07:01 PM