Astronomical effects of negative vacuum energy density

Old April 15th 04, 06:16 PM
Ed Keane III

Default Astronomical effects of negative vacuum energy density

What would the observable astronomical effects of a
negative vacuum energy density be? Would it create
voids? Would it effect the Greisen-Zatsepin-Kuz'min
cutoff or even accelerate cosmic rays formed in
intergalactic voids? Would it effect orbital periods?

I am aware that astronomical observations say the
energy density is close to zero. I am wondering how
they would differ if it were negative.

Old April 15th 04, 07:13 PM
Androcles

"Ed Keane III" wrote in message
. ..
| What would the observable astronomical effects of a
| negative vacuum energy density be? Would it create
| voids? Would it effect the Greisen-Zatsepin-Kuz'min
| cutoff or even accelerate cosmic rays formed in
| intergalactic voids? Would it effect orbital periods?
|
| I am aware that astronomical observations say the
| energy density is close to zero. I am wondering how
| they would differ if it were negative.
You write a minus sign in front of it, like this: "-0".
See, it looks different.
Androcles

Old April 15th 04, 07:13 PM
Androcles

"Ed Keane III" wrote in message
. ..
| What would the observable astronomical effects of a
| negative vacuum energy density be? Would it create
| voids? Would it effect the Greisen-Zatsepin-Kuz'min
| cutoff or even accelerate cosmic rays formed in
| intergalactic voids? Would it effect orbital periods?
|
| I am aware that astronomical observations say the
| energy density is close to zero. I am wondering how
| they would differ if it were negative.
You write a minus sign in front of it, like this: "-0".
See, it looks different.
Androcles

disaster warning Anonymous Astronomy Misc 1 January 23rd 04 10:31 PM
eer FEerguy9 History 0 December 31st 03 04:23 AM
eer FEerguy9 History 0 July 26th 03 07:57 AM
PLANETS ORBIT THE SUN TO CONSERVE TOTAL ENERGY GRAVITYMECHANIC2 Astronomy Misc 0 July 20th 03 04:59 PM