Nibiru?

Old March 24th 07, 09:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy.solar,sci.geo.geology
skddlbyp

Default Nibiru?

I saw some posts, at paranormal about.com, that say a body or comet is
approaching, that this can provide a unifying account for solar warming,
increased vulcanism and other geological disturbances, and maybe weather
changes, and its done this in the past. On the other hand, it was supposed
to pass by a few years ago. It's late.

Still,here is a body of some sort that is supposed to pass by the earth
within the atmosphere in 10 or 20 years to come, and then possibly return
again.

Could there by any celestrial body approaching now whose gravitational
force would be strong enough to perturb the sun, the Earth, and other
planets? If so, where is it? It doesn't seem likely, but a unified
explanation of global warming, magma heating up, volcanoes, earthquakes, a
hotter sun and our atmosphere, and possibly odd weather on Jupiter and
Saturn is interesting - not that I am credible, No Sirree Nibiru-Bob!

Old March 24th 07, 11:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy.solar,sci.geo.geology
Aidan Karley[_2_]

Subject: Nibiru?
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 15:53:23 -0600

I saw some posts, at paranormal about.com,

What the people at paranormal.about.com have missed is that
Nibiru is an Australian Aboriginal word referring to the diahorrea of a
sick kangaroo, and this word was chosen for a series of spoof articles
intended to steal money from the credulous.
The joke has got out of hand.

--
Aidan Karley, FGS,
Aberdeen, Scotland

Old March 25th 07, 07:47 AM posted to alt.astronomy.solar,sci.geo.geology
Wally Anglesea™

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 15:53:23 -0600, "skddlbyp" wrote:

[...]

1: if there was such a body, why would MILLIONS of amateur astronomers
keep quiet about it?

2: Since the posts were at paranormal.about.com, why on Earth do you
think that they know what they are talking about?

--

Find out about Australia's most dangerous Doomsday Cult:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/wanglese/pebble.htm

"You can't fool me, it's turtles all the way down."

"Maths proves you know how to plug in some figures into a formula, that's
all"
"Even physics is based on wrong theories, so what's the use of maths"
Carole - demonstrating her mathematical abilities.
Old March 26th 07, 11:29 PM posted to alt.astronomy.solar,sci.geo.geology
skddlbyp

1: if there was such a body, why would MILLIONS of amateur astronomers
keep quiet about it?

Millions of ameteur astronomers did not spot Shoemaker-Levy, right?

2: Since the posts were at paranormal.about.com, why on Earth do you
think that they know what they are talking about?

They don't; nobody knows what the paranormal is about; that's what makes
it so interesting.

I personally, not having a telescope, wouldn't rule out some sort of
fairly massive body in an orbit that could occasionally disturb the solar
system.

On the other hand, maybe another brane is approaching, and since only
gravity can be transmitted from one brane to another, perhaps there is some
sort of gravitational disturbance; only it's coming from the inside-out, not
the outside-in. Hmm. I'm thinking.

These are just light-hearted thoughts.....But is it really true that
Nibiru is some sort of Australian aboriginal term?

Old March 30th 07, 06:54 AM posted to alt.astronomy.solar,sci.geo.geology
Wally Anglesea™

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 16:29:09 -0600, "skddlbyp" wrote:

1: if there was such a body, why would MILLIONS of amateur astronomers
keep quiet about it?

Y)

Millions of ameteur astronomers did not spot Shoemaker-Levy, right?

Nope. Millions of us watched it. moron.

2: Since the posts were at paranormal.about.com, why on Earth do you
think that they know what they are talking about?

They don't; nobody knows what the paranormal is about; that's what makes
it so interesting.

I personally, not having a telescope, wouldn't rule out some sort of
fairly massive body in an orbit that could occasionally disturb the solar
system.

I have a telescope. my friends have scopes. We don't rule it out, but
we've found no evidence to support your chicken little assertion.

On the other hand, maybe another brane is approaching, and since only
gravity can be transmitted from one brane to another, perhaps there is some
sort of gravitational disturbance; only it's coming from the inside-out, not
the outside-in. Hmm. I'm thinking.

Evidently, you are definitely NOT thinking critically.

Since branes are only theoretical, and evidence for higgs boson
interactions is coming through, your assertion that "only branes
transmit gravity is nonsense. Just cause you learned the terms,
doesn't mean you have a clue as to what physics is.

These are just light-hearted thoughts.....But is it really true that
Nibiru is some sort of Australian aboriginal term?

NOPE.

Old March 10th 08, 10:14 AM posted to alt.astronomy.solar,sci.geo.geology
Nibiru Shock 2012

Default Nibiru? / --- 2 New Nibiru Photographs - January and February 2008 ---

Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 15:53:23 -0600

I saw some posts, at paranormal about.com,

What the people at paranormal.about.com have missed is that
Nibiru is an Australian Aboriginal word referring to the diahorrea of a
sick kangaroo, and this word was chosen for a series of spoof articles
intended to steal money from the credulous.
The joke has got out of hand.

--

You're quite wrong. Nibiru is a real planet. It's no joke.
See for yourself: http://www.survivingnibiru.com

Can someone please take a look at these photos and tell me what gives? I
can't post them here, so here is the link. The photos are posted from some
guy who claims the photos are coming from an observatory in Antarctica/south
pole.

The 2 pictures are found on page two. There are other pictures there, via
videos and stills that over all are quite concerning.

No matter what you say, I'm certain Nibiru is very real. Question is where
exactly is it right now, and what impact will it have on us as it gets
closer to us?

I know this post may start a fire storm of controversy, but threads like
this are great as minds get together to address issues like this,
scientifically.

Thanks in advance to all who help.

JB

PS: Is there anyone in this group who might be located well into the sothern
hemisphere that could get some shots of Nibiru? Again, thanks in advance.
http://www.survivingnibiru.com

Old March 10th 08, 10:19 AM posted to alt.astronomy.solar,sci.geo.geology
Nibiru Shock 2012

Default Nibiru? / Why would MILLIONS of amateur astronomers? Answer.

[...]

*
*
*
1: if there was such a body, why would MILLIONS of amateur astronomers
keep quiet about it?

ANSWER:
Because only those in the most southern hemisphere can see it, that's why.
That will soon change around May, of 2009.