A different optical telescope

Old January 21st 06, 03:40 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.sci.physics.new-theories,alt.sci.physics,alt.astronomy.solar

Default A different optical telescope

Dear tadchem:

"tadchem" wrote in message
. ..

"Dave" wrote in message

Do you work for the CIA? or NSA??

The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) is responsible
for providing our military with equipment, including
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).

How much do suppliers to government agencies charge our
government for foil hats these days? Surely they are necessary
to fend off foreign government prying/persuasion... ;)

David A. Smith

Old January 21st 06, 05:20 PM
nytecam[_1_] nytecam[_1_] is offline
Senior Member

Location: london-uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone
I suggest making a reflector optical telescope with a diameter of 100 yards or more. Instead of using a highly polished mirror, which is very expensive even for a small one, I suggest using the reflective surface of good quality aluminum foil for the concave mirror to gather very much light and focus it to the focal point of the telescope. The aluminum foil can be glued to the
surface of a plastic concave surface....
Talk about lateral thinking ! Try my Mylar-mirrors-of-old in S&T might get you several 'waves' nearer as http://home.freeuk.com/m.gavin/flux.htm

Nytecam
Old January 21st 06, 06:46 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.sci.physics.new-theories,alt.sci.physics,alt.astronomy.solar

"tadchem" wrote in message

Do you work for the CIA? or NSA??

The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) is responsible for providing our

military
with equipment, including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).

Tom Davidson
Richmond, VA

Do you work for Carl Osterwald ?

H.J.

Old January 21st 06, 07:08 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.sci.physics.new-theories,alt.sci.physics,alt.astronomy.solar

Honest John wrote:
"tadchem" wrote in message

Do you work for the CIA? or NSA??

The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) is responsible for providing our

military
with equipment, including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).

Tom Davidson
Richmond, VA

Do you work for Carl Osterwald ?

H.J.

Why don't you call Carl up and ask him?

His work number has been posted.

Double-A

Old January 21st 06, 10:10 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.sci.physics.new-theories,alt.sci.physics,alt.astronomy.solar

"Double-A" wrote in message

Why don't you call Carl up and ask him?

His work number has been posted.

Double-A

The Men in Black won't get me ?

H.J.

Old January 21st 06, 11:28 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.sci.physics.new-theories,alt.sci.physics,alt.astronomy.solar

"N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)" N: dlzc1 D:cox wrote in
message news:PJrAf.10076$jR.5680@fed1read01...
Dear tadchem:

"tadchem" wrote in message
. ..

"Dave" wrote in message

Do you work for the CIA? or NSA??

The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) is responsible
for providing our military with equipment, including
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).

How much do suppliers to government agencies charge our
government for foil hats these days? Surely they are necessary
to fend off foreign government prying/persuasion... ;)

I don't have access to the contract data, but i would imagine that they
would only cost a few pennies to manufacture, perhaps a couple of dollars
delivered. I understand the requisition will cost about $120 to process,
however. ;-)

Tom Davidson
Richmond, VA

Old January 21st 06, 11:32 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.sci.physics.new-theories,alt.sci.physics,alt.astronomy.solar

"Honest John" wrote in message

"Double-A" wrote in message

Why don't you call Carl up and ask him?

His work number has been posted.

Double-A

The Men in Black won't get me ?

Sooner or later, we will.

Oops! I think I shouldn't have said that!

B[

Tom Davidson
Richmond, VA

Old January 22nd 06, 01:29 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.sci.physics.new-theories,alt.sci.physics,alt.astronomy.solar

tadchem wrote:

"N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)" N: dlzc1 D:cox wrote in
message news:PJrAf.10076$jR.5680@fed1read01...
Dear tadchem:

"tadchem" wrote in message
. ..

"Dave" wrote in message

Do you work for the CIA? or NSA??

The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) is responsible
for providing our military with equipment, including
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).

How much do suppliers to government agencies charge our
government for foil hats these days? Surely they are necessary
to fend off foreign government prying/persuasion... ;)

I don't have access to the contract data, but i would imagine that they
would only cost a few pennies to manufacture, perhaps a couple of dollars
delivered. I understand the requisition will cost about $120 to process,
however. ;-)

OTOH if you prorate the cost of the budget proposals, specification
documents, environmental and health-&-safety analysis, prototypes,
field trials, and so on, that adds several hundred dollars more to
the per-item cost.

--
Odysseus