sci.space.moderated shutting down

Old October 17th 03, 10:02 AM
Paul Blay

Default sci.space.moderated shutting down

"rk" wrote ...
sci.space.moderated will be closing its doors on Monday.

Well, there goes the first 'great experiment' since democracy.

Old October 18th 03, 04:42 AM
Nicholas Fitzpatrick

In article ,
rk wrote:
sci.space.moderated will be closing its doors on Monday.

Is this serious? Or am I just falling for something here ... the
headers look genuine ...

If this is true, surely, someone can go along to news.groups and
post an RFD and a CFV to appoint new moderators ... if the current
moderators are walking away ...

Nick

Old October 18th 03, 04:32 PM
Jim Kingdon

sci.space.moderated will be closing its doors on Monday.

Is this serious? Or am I just falling for something here ... the
headers look genuine ...

I don't see anything at http://scispace.org/ so I'm assuming it is
non-genuine.

Given the terseness and all....

Old October 18th 03, 08:15 PM
Pascal Bourguignon

Jim Kingdon writes:

sci.space.moderated will be closing its doors on Monday.

Is this serious? Or am I just falling for something here ... the
headers look genuine ...

I don't see anything at http://scispace.org/ so I'm assuming it is
non-genuine.

http://scispace.org/

Latest news: October 18, 2003

* sci.space.moderated will be closing its doors soon. There is ins

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__
http://www.informatimago.com/

Old October 19th 03, 10:01 PM
James Summers

"rk" wrote in message
sci.space.moderated will be closing its doors on Monday.

If any news group is closed, it ought to be sci.space.history. If you close
THIS one, I'll have no place to hang out with folks like you, since I
abandoned sci.space.history.
--
James Summers
IBM-ret, "old space guy".

Old October 20th 03, 09:20 PM
Pat Flannery

James Summers wrote:

If any news group is closed, it ought to be sci.space.history. If you close
THIS one, I'll have no place to hang out with folks like you, since I
abandoned sci.space.history.

It may just be a lull in a storm, but sci.space.history has really
mellowed out of late.

Pat

Old October 20th 03, 10:11 PM
Pat Flannery

Paul Blay wrote:

"rk" wrote ...

sci.space.moderated will be closing its doors on Monday.

Well, there goes the first 'great experiment' since democracy.

It did serve a useful purpose though- it was a great refuge when the
flame wars got too hot on the other sci.space newsgroups; my thanks go
out to the moderators who spent a lot of time keeping it clean; even
though they should have by all rights tossed me out around the time that
Mothra began to make an appearance in my postings.

Pat

Old October 21st 03, 09:33 PM
James Summers

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

James Summers wrote:

If any news group is closed, it ought to be sci.space.history. If you

close
THIS one, I'll have no place to hang out with folks like you, since I
abandoned sci.space.history.

It may just be a lull in a storm, but sci.space.history has really
mellowed out of late.

Maybe I'll go see what's going on there, again. Thanks for letting me know.
--
James Summers
IBM-ret, "old space guy".
Apollo 201, 202, 203, 204, 1, & 9 RTCC Support. Apollo 13 "back room".
email to: UseNet1 ayt mcsummation dotting com