Do you know the difference between the kuiper belt and the oortcloud?

Old January 8th 10, 03:16 PM posted to relcom.fido.su.astronomy,alt.astronomy,alt.astronomy.solar,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.tv.v
bert

Default Do you know the difference between the kuiper belt and the oortcloud?

On Dec 29 2009, 1:08*am, "Semmalon" wrote:
"bert" wrote in message

On Dec 27, 2:30 pm, Double-A wrote:
On Dec 27, 8:22 am, bert wrote:

On Dec 16, 8:49 pm, (Mondo Condo Spiffy

Pumpenstiffy LLC) wrote:
???one is between mARS AND JUPITER AND THE CLOUD IS 2.7 LY OUT i BERT
AM ON MY LOUSY DELL GO FIGURE-

Finally forced to use the real computer, huh? *And already
crossposting all over the place! *Your doing great, Bert. *Keep it up!

Double-A

AA YOU SAY I AM DOING GREAt *oi Ya *My web stimulated my Dell dells my
brain.I am now the witless wonder of the universe.Go figure I can
not * Bert

Look at the bright side, Bert -- you're QUOTING now -- which MEANS --

* *Everybody can finally see who you're answering!

(What does THAT have to do with OS/2 and rec.sport.pro-wrestling, Double-A?
lmfjao)

--
S e m m a
Be well and come... be welcome!- Hide quoted text -

Quoting is called "Cut and paste" With a real silacone computer you
have to use the right terms. Snow tonite mixed with rain. Would not
like to land in Tampa's heavier air. Ice on wings. Birds are
dying.Manatees are trying to huddle to stay warm.Poor have bought up
all the tiny electric heaters. After this cold their electric will be
turned off. Its getting closer and closer to Tang time. The poor
families are dying to go to heaven where the temperature is always
78F Bert
Old January 8th 10, 03:38 PM posted to relcom.fido.su.astronomy,alt.astronomy,alt.astronomy.solar,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.tv.v
bert

Pumpenstiffy LLC) wrote:
???one is between mARS AND JUPITER AND THE CLOUD IS 2.7 LY OUT i BERT AM ON MY LOUSY DELL GO FIGURE-

Finally forced to use the real computer, huh? *And already
crossposting all over the place! *Your doing great, Bert. *Keep it up!

Double-A

AA Dell is all I have. It is very dell indeed Oort cloud is mostly ice
water,inaverage sizes of our largest Hurley comet. Kuipler belt is
dusty rockes their average size is Temple 1 * Its the Oort cloud that
rained down life on Earth.Belt objects Meteors have changed life on
Earth about 3 times.The dinosours fond that out the hard way Oi ya
Bert

Oort cloud begs the question. Does it orbit the Sun,or is it like an
electron cloud? Can Sun's gravity at 2.7 LY have any effect on it? I
have a theory Oort cloud uses black matter gravity. I base that on
good science thinking.Last night NOVA was on "dark matter"mOST OF MY
THOUGHTS are on dark matter,and where it might be hiding. Looking for
it under the Earth wont cut it. Dark matter and space energy I am
trying to have them relate.Negative energy,and gravity being a
negative force keeps jumping into my mind.Accelerating universe
(inflating) jumps in too.My spin is in theory is a help in this
thinking. Seems stuff is spinning to fast(to much angular motion,but
some way its stays together. Galaxies are proof of this. They do not
have enough matter(mutual gravity) ,but they keep their structure the
same for billions,and billions of years.It is so interesting to
hypothersize on. Sum it up with if "acceleration is 6 times faster
than c" it might be the answer. " Hope my thinking is getting better
as I get use to the Dell go figure Bert
Old January 10th 10, 03:16 PM posted to relcom.fido.su.astronomy,alt.astronomy,alt.astronomy.solar,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.tv.v
bert

Pumpenstiffy LLC) wrote:
[...]

as I get use to the Dell *go figure * Bert- Hide quoted text -

Double A 6Xc is my universe speed of acceleration at this
spacetime.Speed of inflating is getting greater.That relates to
greater distances between all objects both in the micro,and macro
realms(worlds) It is based on lots of knowlege,and lots of intense
thinking. Its nice being retired to have much time to do both.
Universe inflating at 6Xc "Its back to the future" Only space and
time do not have to obey SR Einstein knew that. Light speed is for EM
force Bert
Old January 10th 10, 06:41 PM posted to relcom.fido.su.astronomy,alt.astronomy,alt.astronomy.solar,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.tv.v
Double-A[_3_]

Pumpenstiffy LLC) wrote:
[...]

Yes, it is EM waves/particles and EM objects, which we all are, that
have to obey Einstein. Space-time itself is free to do its own thing.

Double-A

Old January 10th 10, 07:26 PM posted to relcom.fido.su.astronomy,alt.astronomy,alt.astronomy.solar,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.tv.v
bert

Pumpenstiffy LLC) wrote:
[...]

*Double-A- Hide quoted text -

AA Man will never go as far as Oort cloud. Like the meteor belt it has
many miles seperating all its stuff.No chance of seeing it like in the
movies.Stars in the background are never noticed as being blocked by
objects in the cloud. It beg the questio . How did Oort know it was
there? How did this guy Oort get a name like Oort? Bert
Old January 10th 10, 07:50 PM posted to relcom.fido.su.astronomy,alt.astronomy,alt.astronomy.solar,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.tv.v
BradGuth

Pumpenstiffy LLC) wrote:
[...]

""The Oort cloud was "discovered" by Dutch astronomer Jan Hendrik Oort
in 1950""

~ BG
Old January 10th 10, 11:36 PM posted to relcom.fido.su.astronomy,alt.astronomy,alt.astronomy.solar,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.tv.v
Pros Pere[_2_]

Pumpenstiffy LLC) wrote:
[...]

To be more precise, the existence of a cloud that is the origin of
long-period comets was first set forth by Ernst Öpik in 1932.
Jan Oort revived the idea independently in 1950.
Öpik thought the cloud was relatively small and revolved around the Sun.
Oort and following scientists now think of the cloud in two ways, as a
spherical cloud that completely surrounds the Solar system, and there is
also a disc-shaped component component inside the outer Oort sphere.
The disc-shaped part is thought to be on the ecliptic plane.
The Kuiper belt and scattered disc, the other two known reservoirs of
trans-Neptunian objects, are less than one thousandth the Oort cloud's
distance, which is almost an entire light year away from the Sun.

--
**** the Proz
Fear Impedes Progress!

Old January 11th 10, 04:27 AM posted to relcom.fido.su.astronomy,alt.astronomy,alt.astronomy.solar,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.tv.v
BradGuth

Pumpenstiffy LLC) wrote:
[...]

long-period comets was first set forth by Ernst �pik in 1932.
Jan Oort revived the idea independently in 1950.
�pik thought the cloud was relatively small and revolved around the Sun.
Oort and following scientists now think of the cloud in two ways, as a
spherical cloud that completely surrounds the Solar system, and there is
also a disc-shaped component component inside the outer Oort sphere.
The disc-shaped part is thought to be on the ecliptic plane.
The Kuiper belt and scattered disc, the other two known reservoirs of
trans-Neptunian objects, are less than one thousandth the Oort cloud's
distance, which is almost an entire light year away from the Sun.

--
**** the Proz
Fear Impedes Progress!
Fight and Defeat Fear!

Thanks for that bit of informative though perfectly terrestrial
history that any 5th grader could have posted. Why don't you tell us
something/anything we don't know about the Oort cloud?

For example, is there anything out there that's similar or bigger than
Sedna?

~ BG
Old January 11th 10, 03:16 PM posted to relcom.fido.su.astronomy,alt.astronomy,alt.astronomy.solar,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.tv.v
Pros Pere[_2_]

On Jan 10, 6:16 am, bert wrote:

On Jan 8, 9:38 am, bert wrote:

On Dec 30 2009, 9:31 am, bert wrote:

On Dec 27, 2:30 pm, Double-A wrote:

On Dec 27, 8:22 am, bert wrote:

On Dec 16, 8:49 pm, (Mondo Condo
Spiffy

Pumpenstiffy LLC) wrote:
[...]

Yes.

--
**** the Proz
Fear Impedes Progress!

Old January 11th 10, 03:54 PM posted to relcom.fido.su.astronomy,alt.astronomy,alt.astronomy.solar,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.tv.v
BradGuth

On Jan 10, 6:16 am, bert wrote:

On Jan 8, 9:38 am, bert wrote:

On Dec 30 2009, 9:31 am, bert wrote: