Essential Books

Old October 28th 03, 05:11 AM
David Findlay

Default Essential Books

Let me think... when is Hell due for a frost?

http://www.davsoft.com.au/finally.jpg - to late ;-)

Some of the stuff I have took me years of patient work to get. Some took
vast sums of money. Some took luck. Most just took a credit card.

I can imagine. I'm still waiting to get some spare cash to buy Rocket
Propulsion Elements.

A couple of the books... "Handbook of Astronautical Engineering," and
"Ballistics of the Future" (that one's not shown in the photos) are
one-grand-plus books. Others, like the Hydrogen Peroxide Handbook, were
downloaded off the net for free. Go figure.

$1000 US? Wow. As for free, well printing might cost a bit, particularly on
an inkjet.... :-). Thanks,

David

Old October 28th 03, 05:21 AM
Scott Lowther

David Findlay wrote:

I can imagine. I'm still waiting to get some spare cash to buy Rocket
Propulsion Elements.

Can go for cheap... if you're persistant, and not picky about which
edition. I've got a 1st around here somewhere, but nothing more recent.

A couple of the books... "Handbook of Astronautical Engineering," and
"Ballistics of the Future" (that one's not shown in the photos) are
one-grand-plus books. Others, like the Hydrogen Peroxide Handbook, were
downloaded off the net for free. Go figure.

$1000 US? Wow.

Well, it's variable. Depends on the market, I suppose.

It's sad that such good books must go for such high prices, and that
copying them breaks the law...

Well, in three-quarters of a century, the copyright on them will
probably be expired, and you'll be able to download 'em off the net.

--
Scott Lowther, Engineer
Remove the obvious (capitalized) anti-spam

Old October 28th 03, 06:02 AM
Earl Colby Pottinger

Scott Lowther :

David Findlay wrote:

Ah, a chance to show off a fraction of the Scott Lowther Non Lending
Library:

When is your library opening for public borrowing? ;-) j/k

*drools*

Let me think... when is Hell due for a frost?

Some of the stuff I have took me years of patient work to get. Some took
vast sums of money. Some took luck. Most just took a credit card.

A couple of the books... "Handbook of Astronautical Engineering," and
"Ballistics of the Future" (that one's not shown in the photos) are
one-grand-plus books. Others, like the Hydrogen Peroxide Handbook, were
downloaded off the net for free. Go figure.

Not shown is the current pile of books that I plan on selling. One of
those books is one of the afore-mentioned "Handbook..."

I tried a couple of search engines but I could not find a downloadable copy
of the Hydrogen Peroxide Handbook do you have a URL? Thank you is possible.

Earl Colby Pottinger

--
I make public email sent to me! Hydrogen Peroxide Rockets, OpenBeos,
SerialTransfer 3.0, RAMDISK, BoatBuilding, DIY TabletPC. What happened to

Old October 28th 03, 06:22 AM
Kevin Willoughby

In article ,
says...
David Findlay wrote:
When is your library opening for public borrowing? ;-) j/k
*drools*

Let me think... when is Hell due for a frost?

When Apple supports Windows for iPod? (
http://www.apple.com/)

Not shown is the current pile of books that I plan on selling. One of
those books is one of the afore-mentioned "Handbook..."

Please give us sci.spacers a head start over the eBayers.
--
Kevin Willoughby oSpam

Imagine that, a FROG ON-OFF switch, hardly the work
for test pilots. -- Mike Collins

Old October 28th 03, 07:08 AM
Scott Lowther

Earl Colby Pottinger wrote:

I tried a couple of search engines but I could not find a downloadable copy
of the Hydrogen Peroxide Handbook do you have a URL?

I do indeed:
http://stinet.dtic.mil/str/index.html

Type "hydrogen peroxide handbook" in the 'search for' field. I just did;
the report is still available, and at a mere 21 megabytes. In other
words... dialup sucks.

Make sure the "full text collection" box is the only one checked; you
can also check the "technical reports collection," but that's more for
research... it gives you abstracts, but the not reports. Ya gotta pay
for those. The full text collection gets you PDF files you can download.
Be warned: you'll lose hours here looking up stuff.

Thank you is possible.

Actually, I was kinda hoping "vast sums of money as payment is
possible."

Old October 28th 03, 06:51 PM
Earl Colby Pottinger

Scott Lowther :

Earl Colby Pottinger wrote:

[...]

I would like to thank you very much, however I am using dial-up and you have
just jammed up my modem for the next couple of days.

I don't know what else is here but already I am downloading five diffirent
files.

Earl Colby Pottinger

Old October 28th 03, 10:24 PM
Scott Lowther

Earl Colby Pottinger wrote:

http://stinet.dtic.mil/str/index.html

I would like to thank you very much, however I am using dial-up and you have
just jammed up my modem for the next couple of days.

Without high speed, many of these files are just plain inaccessible. My
own dialup just chokes up and dies long before many files can be
downloaded.