Are we alone?

Old August 4th 03, 04:21 PM
Carusus

Default Are we alone?

Suggest you read "Intelligent Life in the Universe" by Carl Sagan and
Viktor Shklovsky" which contains the famous equation for the probability
of life existing simultaneously on two different planets.

elrond wrote:

Hi,

I am finding it difficult to deal with the apparent paradox that there are
millions of planets out there which can support life, but we haven't heard
anything from any of them. What gives?

Elrond

Old August 6th 03, 01:15 PM
Painius

Default Paradise Cosmos (was - Are we alone?)

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message...

Ya Painius I had some great pictures developing,and she again opened
the dark room door.

i HATE it when that happens.

Old August 9th 03, 02:58 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Our universe is an organic universe. Life here on earth can stay alive
under very extreme(harmful) conditions. Botulism can live 5 miles under
ground,and live in boiling sulfuric acid for 5 minutes. It had to be the
earth's first life form because oxygen can kill it. Botulism put the
world largest canning company out of business . There are to many stars
in the universe to think we are the only intelligent life. The
universe had to see itself,and would not take the chance on just the
earth. Nature does not like to make one of anything. Time is also a big
factor in creating life,and nature sees to it that life has plenty of
time to evolve Bert

Old August 18th 03, 04:52 PM
Robert D. Winkler

Didn't Arthur C. Clark say the following?

The prood that there is intelligent life in the Universe is that they
haven't contacted us yet.

"CeeBee" wrote in message
. 6.83...
"elrond" wrote

Hi,

I am finding it difficult to deal with the apparent paradox that there
are millions of planets out there which can support life, but we
haven't heard anything from any of them. What gives?

They have read sci.astro for a while and keep very...

...very...

...quiet.

--
CeeBee

Uxbridge: "By God, sir, I've lost my leg!"
Wellington: "By God, sir, so you have!"

Google CeeBee @ www.geocities.com/ceebee_2

Old August 22nd 03, 02:17 AM
Steve Giovanis

We haven't even found intelligent life on Earth yet!

Old August 22nd 03, 04:03 PM
Fred Williams

Steve Giovanis wrote:

We haven't even found intelligent life on Earth yet!

There are some cetaceans for whom I'm still holding out hope.

--
Regards
Fred

Remove FFFf to reply, please