Meade Telescopes

Old August 21st 03, 03:11 AM
SeMpErFi

Default Meade Telescopes

Can anyone tell me if Meade makes good telescopes? My wife and I are
looking to buy a scope and have our eye on the Meade - ETX-125AT Telescope
w/ Autostar Controller and Tripod. Just curious if anyone out there has one
or knows anyone who owns one and if you like them.

Also are the Orion scopes good scopes also?

Thanks,

Paul

Old August 21st 03, 11:15 AM
Bobsprit

Can anyone tell me if Meade makes good telescopes? My wife and I are
looking to buy a scope and have our eye on the Meade - ETX-125AT Telescope
w/ Autostar Controller and Tripod.

Meade products are nice looking scopes in the ads, but suffer from constant
quality control problems. With Meade it's always a gamble. Buy a Celestron,
which probably will give you better optics as well.

Capt RB