dimensional distance errors; no time?

Old February 12th 06, 02:31 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default dimensional distance errors; no time?

Recently, I've been reading about some scientists beginning to suspect that
dimensional corridors exist between us and distant astronomical objects,
such as galaxies, and that these corridors may be causing the illusion of
enormous distances where the actual distance is only 1/10 to 1/100 the
current measured value. If this is true, the universe may not be nearly as
old as we believe it is. Where can I find more information?

On another note, scientists are now saying that there may in fact be no time
and only man created it for his purposes. Comments or information here
would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric D. Waterhouse

Old February 12th 06, 03:59 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Eric Duane Waterhouse wrote:
On another note, scientists are now saying that there may in fact be no time
and only man created it for his purposes. Comments or information here
would be appreciated.

Hi:

Quite a few physicists will disagree here, as there definitely seems to
be a "real" arrow of time tied to the universe.

At any rate, if you wouldn't mind, could you post inquiries such as
this to our parent group, sci.astro? sci.astro.amateur, you see, is
devoted to the _practice_ of astronomy--telescopes, cameras,
etc.--rather than to speculations of this type.

Thanks!

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Join the SCT User Mailing List.
============================
See my home page at
http://skywatch.brainiac.com/astroland/index.htm
for further details!
============================
For Uncle Rod's Astro Blog See:
http://journals.aol.com/rmollise/UncleRodsAstroBlog/

Old February 12th 06, 05:36 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 14:31:09 GMT, "Eric Duane Waterhouse"
wrote:

Recently, I've been reading about some scientists beginning to suspect that
dimensional corridors exist between us and distant astronomical objects,
such as galaxies, and that these corridors may be causing the illusion of
enormous distances where the actual distance is only 1/10 to 1/100 the
current measured value. If this is true, the universe may not be nearly as
old as we believe it is. Where can I find more information?

I think you will find _very_ few scientists who believe this (or even
remotely suspect it). What little information you've already read may be
about all there is. If you saw this in some sort of popular publication,
was there any reference to specific papers? If you have the name of a
researcher proposing this idea, try searching for papers he has written.
A good place to do that is he http://adswww.harvard.edu/

On another note, scientists are now saying that there may in fact be no time
and only man created it for his purposes. Comments or information here
would be appreciated.

Again, very few scientists would say this.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com