History Channel: Apollo: The Race Against Time

Old August 12th 05, 02:52 AM
Damon Hill

"Allan Cole" wrote in
:

It would have been something. If only man had really gone to the
moon.

If you can't stand the truth, you don't have to watch it.

But you might learn something.

--Damon

Old August 12th 05, 04:29 AM
Rusty

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 21:10:23 -0700, "Allan Cole"
wrote:

It would have been something. If only man had really gone to the moon.

They went to the moon and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.

http://www.donkihote.com/gifts/16457684.asp

Rusty
Old August 12th 05, 05:10 AM
Allan Cole

Default History Channel: Apollo: The Race Against Time

It would have been something. If only man had really gone to the moon.

"rk" wrote in message
This came into the inbox today ...

-- rk

Readers of this listserv may be interested to know about this upcoming
program. Thanks to Roger Launius at the National Air and Space Museum
for relaying this information.

Apollo: The Race Against Time

The History Channel
Saturday, August 27 @ 8pm/7c

Centuries from now, people will look back at key moments during the
1960s and 70s, when 12 American astronauts first left planet Earth and
walked on the moon, as some of the most pivotal events in world history.
In Apollo: The Race Against Time, Save Our History host Steve Thomas
explores how significant artifacts of NASA's Apollo missions are being
restored and preserved.

In this one-hour special, we discover how the only remaining Saturn V
rocket that was specifically built to launch an Apollo mission is being
restored at Johnson Space Center in Houston; we find out how a lunar
rover test vehicle is restored at the Kansas Cosmosphere and Space
Center; we see how Apollo spacesuits, including the one worn by Apollo
11's Buzz Aldrin, are being carefully preserved at the National Air and
Space Museum.

In addition, Aldrin and astronaut Gene Cernan (the last man to walk on
the moon/Apollo 17), describe in exclusive interviews what it was like
to journey hundreds of thousands of miles through space and to walk on
the moon. And former Mission Director Gene Kranz takes us on a tour of
the original Mission Control, now a National Historic Landmark, and
brings to life some of the hairiest and most inspiring moments of the
Apollo Program.

--
rk, Just an OldEngineer
"These are highly complicated pieces of equipment almost as complicated as

We
don't know exactly how they work."
-- Scientist in Michael Crichton's 1973 movie, Westworld

Old August 12th 05, 01:58 PM
Lynndel K. Humphreys

Do you realize what kind of hell those scientists went through to import
moon rocks to fool the American public. So give them a little credit.

"Damon Hill" wrote in message
31...
"Allan Cole" wrote in
:

Old August 16th 05, 01:51 AM
Brad Guth

Allan Cole,
Ever taken notice as to how it is when we've objected to being
snookered and continually lied to, in that we've always used our real
names, and we have real email addresses that work and even a for-real
street address and a telephone that works just fine and dandy, while
others protecting their incest cloned MI5/NSA~NASA butts as to
defending their ruse/sting jokes and worst possible dastardly deeds in
the entire universe never seem to have existed as any real person.

It seems rather obvious why my topics have been stalked, bashed and/or
banished, as perhaps mostly because I'm a whole lot more often right
than I'm being given credit for. Obviously other folks would dare to
give some of my ideas a second thought if I were given so much as 1%
credit for even a few of my discoveries related to Venus, our moon and
even that of our close association from time to time with the Sirius
star system.

I'm actually willing to share and share alike, and I've got lots to
share. How about yourself?
~

Nondisclosu in spite of an orchestrated status quo, seems there's
been other life upon Venus
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-town.htm
Russian/China LSE-CM/ISS (Lunar Space Elevator) as interactive within
the ME-L1/EM-L2 sweet-spot
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/lunar-space-elevator.htm
Of Sirius, proto-moons, Venus & Earthly ETs & of somewhat testy topics
by; Brad Guth / GASA-IEIS
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-topics.htm

The SRians Said: Time is What the Clock Measures kenseto Astronomy Misc 238 June 12th 05 01:29 PM
Can't get out of the universe "My crew will blow it up"!!!!!!!!!!! zetasum History 0 February 5th 05 12:06 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones UK Astronomy 8 August 1st 04 09:08 PM
Apollo Buzz alDredge UK Astronomy 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
UFO Activities from Biblical Times (LONG TEXT) Kazmer Ujvarosy SETI 2 December 25th 03 08:33 PM