Soyuz air leak during descent October 11

Old November 1st 05, 10:49 PM
Jim Oberg

Default Soyuz air leak during descent October 11

Soyuz air leak during descent October 11

From information that I have received,
the air leak in the Soyuz TMA-6 on October 11
was from about 780 mmHg to 680 mmHg
over a three hour period from undocking
until de-orbit burn.

The crew had their Sokol suits so lives were
not in danger.

Would I be accurate in writing, however, that
this is the most serious inadvertant depressurization
of a Russian manned space vehicle since 1971?
Or at least, the most serious KNOWN
depressurization?

Jim O

Old November 1st 05, 10:58 PM
Brian Thorn

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 22:49:00 GMT, "Jim Oberg"
wrote:

Soyuz air leak during descent October 11

From information that I have received,
the air leak in the Soyuz TMA-6 on October 11
was from about 780 mmHg to 680 mmHg
over a three hour period from undocking
until de-orbit burn.

The crew had their Sokol suits so lives were
not in danger.

Would I be accurate in writing, however, that
this is the most serious inadvertant depressurization
of a Russian manned space vehicle since 1971?
Or at least, the most serious KNOWN
depressurization?

Was the Progress/Spektr collision on Mir worse?

Brian
Old November 1st 05, 11:05 PM
Mary Pegg

Jim Oberg wrote:

Would I be accurate in writing, however, that
this is the most serious inadvertant depressurization
of a Russian manned space vehicle since 1971?

Not in my book - Mir, 1997.
Old November 2nd 05, 01:50 PM
Jim Oberg

"Mary Pegg" wrote
Not in my book - Mir, 1997.

Exactly true, but it had slipped my mind,
too concentrated on SOYUZ events. Thank you!!

Old November 4th 05, 05:26 AM
Pat Flannery

Mary Pegg wrote:

Exactly true, but it had slipped my mind,
too concentrated on SOYUZ events. Thank you!!

Do I get a badge?

I think with Jim you get a retouched photo of a rosebush. ;-)

Pat
Old November 4th 05, 05:51 PM
Herb Schaltegger

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 19:35:46 -0600, Mary Pegg wrote
(in article ):

Jim Oberg wrote:

"Mary Pegg" wrote
Not in my book - Mir, 1997.

Exactly true, but it had slipped my mind,
too concentrated on SOYUZ events. Thank you!!

Do I get a badge?

Badges? We don't need no stinkin' BADGES!

--
"Fame may be fleeting but obscurity is forever." ~Anonymous
"I believe as little as possible and know as much as I can."