Toucam availability

Old September 24th 03, 12:10 PM
Pete Lawrence

Default Toucam availability

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:45:05 +0100, "Robin Leadbeater"
wrote:

Yes, TouCam II, same spec but silver cased. Was a thread somewhere

recently about it, or maybe in
the Forum Pete.

Ah ha - thanks David - I'll do some digging...

Is this what you are looking for Pete? ;-)
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...95lk9nt%404 a
x.com

LOL - all those late nights are taking their toll! Thanks for
highlighting my insanity Robin! It was there at the back of my brain,
I just couldn't remember where!

What I didn't realise was the fact that the old 740K would be
discontinued so soon.

I don't know if they are in the shops here yet and AFAIK no one has modified
one yet but it looks like it should be straight forward (well as least as
much as the Toucam was ;-)

Let's hope so.
--
Pete
Homepage at http://www.pbl33.co.uk
Old September 24th 03, 02:37 PM
Martin Frey

Pete Lawrence wrote:

What I didn't realise was the fact that the old 740K would be
discontinued so soon.

Jules Thorne of Thorne Electrical - became EMI in the end - would not
sanction any replacement of an existing line if the replacement could
not be made for less cost and sold for more cash.

Looks like Philips use the same mantra.

So get a 740k while you can.

Cheers

Martin

--------------
Martin Frey
N 51 02 E 0 47
--------------
Old September 24th 03, 03:04 PM
David Harris

Default Toucam availability (for sale)

Martin Frey wrote:

Pete Lawrence wrote:
What I didn't realise was the fact that the old 740K would be
discontinued so soon.

Jules Thorne of Thorne Electrical - became EMI in the end - would not
sanction any replacement of an existing line if the replacement could
not be made for less cost and sold for more cash.
Looks like Philips use the same mantra.
So get a 740k while you can.
Cheers
Martin

I'll be selling mine soon, when I get my Fuji S602 Pro. Bought the 740K from Perseu C/W 1.25"
adaptor thingy. Started to mod it (I'm a professional electronics engineer, so the soldering is
fine), got as far as removing LED and mic, then put project on hold when I saw that I could do
640x480 AVI's on the Fuji. I paid GBP80 inc postage for the Toucam

A good offer will secure it now, up to you....

DH
Telford
Old September 24th 03, 03:54 PM
Mike Murphy

I got mine from Amazon, might be worth trying them.
- Mike
Old September 24th 03, 05:45 PM
Bas Prins

"David Harris" schreef in bericht
Martin Frey wrote:

I'll be selling mine soon, when I get my Fuji S602 Pro. Bought the 740K

from Perseu C/W 1.25"
adaptor thingy. Started to mod it (I'm a professional electronics

engineer, so the soldering is
fine), got as far as removing LED and mic, then put project on hold when I

saw that I could do
640x480 AVI's on the Fuji. I paid GBP80 inc postage for the Toucam

A good offer will secure it now, up to you....

DH
Telford

Pro? Only saw that addition on the S2. Are there two types of the S602?

Another thing. the S602 is discontinued isn't it? It is being replaced by
the S7000. I'd like to buy a S602, but a new one seems already hard to get.
The S7000 on the other hand is not out yet (at least not here in Holland).
Also still considering a Canon EOS 300d (also not out yet), but actually
it's a bit to expensive for me.

Bas.

Old September 25th 03, 09:23 AM
David Harris

Bas Prins wrote:

"David Harris" schreef in bericht
I'll be selling mine soon, when I get my Fuji S602 Pro. Bought the 740K
from Perseu C/W 1.25"
adaptor thingy. Started to mod it (I'm a professional electronics
engineer, so the soldering is
fine), got as far as removing LED and mic, then put project on hold when I
saw that I could do
640x480 AVI's on the Fuji. I paid GBP80 inc postage for the Toucam
A good offer will secure it now, up to you....
DH
Telford

Pro? Only saw that addition on the S2. Are there two types of the S602?

Yep, the S602 Pro has the PC sync socket and a threaded shutter release button

Another thing. the S602 is discontinued isn't it?

Soon, but not just yet.

It is being replaced by
the S7000. I'd like to buy a S602, but a new one seems already hard to get.
The S7000 on the other hand is not out yet (at least not here in Holland).
Also still considering a Canon EOS 300d (also not out yet), but actually
it's a bit to expensive for me.
Bas.

Try here :
http://www.buyacamera.co.uk/search.asp?RecId=fujca461

Basic model S602 Pro without any extras (NiMH batteries, microdrive) for GBP419 !

Get a 340MB drive off EBAY for about 40-60 quid, bingo....

Cheers

DH
(Toucam now definitely for sale !!)
Old September 25th 03, 09:32 AM
David Harris

Default FS : TouCam Pro 740K part modded.

Hi,

Just to confirm my comments in another TouCam thread.

I am now selling my TouCam Pro 740K C/W 1.25" adaptor and homemade focal extender (for use with more
than 3-4x Barlows). I started to mod it (I'm a professional electronics engineer, so the soldering
is fine), got as far as removing LED and mic, then put project on hold when I saw that I could do
640x480 AVI's on the Fuji S602 or Nikon 5700, which I will be buying soon. Apart from that mod, the
whole thing is mint. I paid GBP80 inc postage for the Toucam with adaptor. A good offer will secure
it now, it's up to you.
Ta,
DH
Telford
Old September 25th 03, 10:25 AM
Martin Frey

David Harris wrote:

Hi,

Just to confirm my comments in another TouCam thread.

I am now selling my TouCam Pro 740K C/W 1.25" adaptor and homemade focal extender (for use with more
than 3-4x Barlows). I started to mod it (I'm a professional electronics engineer, so the soldering
is fine), got as far as removing LED and mic, then put project on hold

For the kack handed solderers and electronically challenged - what use
is a partial mod? How much for the finished mod, tested to be a
runner?

Cheers

Martin

--------------
Martin Frey
N 51 02 E 0 47
--------------
Old September 25th 03, 11:25 AM
David Harris

!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"
html
Martin Frey wrote:
blockquote TYPE=CITEDavid Harris wrote:
brHi,
brJust to confirm my comments in another TouCam thread.
brI am now selling my TouCam Pro 740K C/W 1.25" adaptor and homemade
focal extender (for use with more
brthan 3-4x Barlows). I started to mod it (I'm a professional electronics
engineer, so the soldering
bris fine), got as far as removing LED and mic, then put project on
hold
pFor the kack handed solderers and electronically challenged - what use
is a partial mod? How much for the finished mod, tested to be a runner?
brCheers
brMartin/blockquote
Hi Martin,
p"What use is a partial mod ?" - it means that the camera works perfectly
well, except that there is no audio or LED indicator.
pAs for finishing the job, I'm really sorry, but I don't have the time
to do this. That's the other reason for not completing it, which I actually
forgot to mention ;-) (need new brain cells, these ones are defective)
psorry,
pDH/html