Astronomers Using the Hubble Space Telescope Have Found a Ring of Dark Matter that Formed from a Collision between Two Galaxy Clusters!

Old May 24th 07, 06:18 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

Default Astronomers Using the Hubble Space Telescope Have Found a Ring of Dark Matter that Formed from a Collision between Two Galaxy Clusters!

May 15, 2007

"An international team of astronomers using the Hubble Space Telescope
has discovered a ghostly ring of dark matter that was formed long ago
during a titanic collision between two massive galaxy clusters. It is
the first time that a dark matter distribution has been found that
differs substantially from the distribution of ordinary matter.

Astronomers have long suspected the existence of the invisible
substance of dark matter as the source of additional gravity that
holds together galaxy clusters. Otherwise, astronomers say, the
clusters would fly apart if they relied only on the gravity from their
visible stars. Although astronomers don't know what dark matter is
made of, they hypothesize that it is a type of elementary particle
that pervades the universe.

In a result just published, astronomers using the Hubble Space
Telescope report the discovery of a ring of dark matter in the cluster
ZwCl0024+1652. The ring's discovery is among the strongest evidence
yet that dark matter exists."

http://www.astronomy.com/asy/default.aspx?c=a&id=5535

Double-A

Old May 24th 07, 08:14 AM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Dark matter and dark energy.

A much more appropriate name for this would be: "unknown factors in
our current astrophysical understanding of the universe".

As your species estimates it to be about 96% dark energy/matter in the
universe, that leaves your current understanding of the universe at
about 4%.

Old May 24th 07, 08:50 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

On May 24, 12:14 am, wrote:
Dark matter and dark energy.

A much more appropriate name for this would be: "unknown factors in
our current astrophysical understanding of the universe".

As your species estimates it to be about 96% dark energy/matter in the
universe, that leaves your current understanding of the universe at
about 4%.

My species? So what is your species?

Double-A

Old May 24th 07, 09:37 AM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

My species? So what is your species?

A species that has a different understanding of gravity and spacetime
dynamics.

Not a species that puts an illusionary substance into the universe, in
order to explain why the universe is not behaving like it is supposed
to, according to my false theory of gravity and spacetime dynamics.

Old May 24th 07, 10:39 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

On May 24, 1:37 am, wrote:
My species? So what is your species?

A species that has a different understanding of gravity and spacetime
dynamics.

Not a species that puts an illusionary substance into the universe, in
order to explain why the universe is not behaving like it is supposed
to, according to my false theory of gravity and spacetime dynamics.

I don't know how Darla and crew will feel about a third species
horning in on discussions in alt.astronomy.

Double-A

Old May 24th 07, 11:10 AM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

I don't know how Darla and crew will feel about a third species
horning in on discussions in alt.astronomy.

And I dont care much about what anybody feels about anything.

Old May 24th 07, 05:27 PM posted to alt.astronomy
X=

On May 24, 6:10 am, wrote:
I don't know how Darla and crew will feel about a third species
horning in on discussions in alt.astronomy.

And I dont care much about what anybody feels about anything.

If that was entirely true why care to even respond?. . .

Old May 24th 07, 06:49 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

If that was entirely true why care to even respond?. . .

Well, I do care about some things.

Not necessarily about your feelings, but about how the entire planet
is evolving.

Of course, that would make me care a little about your feelings
regarding exactly that topic.

I also care a little about really good and honest people, but such
people are so uncommon in your world.