How did this paper ever get put on a NASA research server?

Old September 20th 11, 10:34 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default How did this paper ever get put on a NASA research server?

Umm, umm, where do I begin? Really!? Really, this got published to a
NASA reseach server? Really!? LOL!

Yousuf Khan

`Earth`s gravity due to electromagnetism`
http://zeenews.india.com/news/eco-ne...sm_732531.html

"Ashwini Kumar Lal, an official with the Town and Country Planning
Organisation of India's urban development ministry, has in his paper "On
Planetary Electromagnetism and Gravity" said that the gravitational pull
on earth and similar planets like Mars, Venus and Mercury is due to the
generation of electromagnetism within their interiors. "
Old September 20th 11, 11:54 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
eric gisse

Yousuf Khan wrote in
:

Umm, umm, where do I begin? Really!? Really, this got published to a
NASA reseach server? Really!? LOL!

Yousuf Khan

`Earth`s gravity due to electromagnetism`
http://zeenews.india.com/news/eco-ne...e-to-electroma
gnetism_732531.html

"Ashwini Kumar Lal, an official with the Town and Country Planning
Organisation of India's urban development ministry, has in his paper
"On Planetary Electromagnetism and Gravity" said that the
gravitational pull on earth and similar planets like Mars, Venus and
Mercury is due to the generation of electromagnetism within their
interiors. "

That was an instant "stupid bull**** article" dismissal on google news.

Didn't even click, nor will I.
Old September 21st 11, 08:41 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Chiron613

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 17:34:54 -0400, Yousuf Khan wrote:

Umm, umm, where do I begin? Really!? Really, this got published to a
NASA reseach server? Really!? LOL!

Yousuf Khan

`Earth`s gravity due to electromagnetism`
http://zeenews.india.com/news/eco-ne...ravity-due-to-

electromagnetism_732531.html

The best place to begin is to get hold of the original paper and see what
the man actually said. You're judging from some watered-down article
describing the paper. It may or may not be accurate; it may have nothing
to do with what Lal actually said.

The paper was peer-reviewed, which should suggest that it had some merit,
despite what a simple-minded description might seem to imply.

Of course, maybe he really *is* saying we're all stuck on the earth like
magnets on a refrigerator...

--
ignorance, n.:
When you don't know anything, and someone else finds out.
Old September 22nd 11, 11:25 AM
adereaL adereaL is offline
Junior Member

Interesting.