Venus is alive and kicking our NASA's butt

Old September 10th 06, 07:48 PM posted to sci.space.policy,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy
Brad Guth[_2_]

Default Venus is alive and kicking our NASA's butt

Why exactly are either of you Third Reich collaborating minions even
here?

Is this the very best that such brown-nosed MIB rusemasters can
accomplish?

Am I and of otherwise the banishing of whatever's the truth actually
worth that much of a Jewish effort?
-
Brad Guth

Old September 10th 06, 08:04 PM posted to sci.space.policy,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy
[email protected]

captain. wrote:
"Brad Guth" wrote in message
news:ef1e6bcc620f386c664f803c5a55fcba.49644@mygate .mailgate.org...
"captain." wrote in message

hmmm, i'm impressed that you knew that twink. good work!

How absolutely silly

does absolute silliness have a numerical value?

of yourself, and proof-positive of what rusemasters
you folks actually are.

well yes, the twinker and myself are behind the plot to convince the public
that the moon is migrating outwards with each passing year. we almost had
you all fooled.

Before we blindly leap ourselves onto our moon (for the first time),
perhaps we should think again. You folks have got to be absolutely
kidding about utilizing the physically dark surface of our extremely
dusty and highly reactive moon, especially for much of anything that's
on behalf of optical astronomy.

aren't you the guy who thinks there should be a colony on venus? now that's
crazy!

Why is it cracy? There are only a limited amount of living space on
this planet Earth. At the rate earth's population is growing, we
should set our sight into Venus or Mars. Our scientists today should
be studying these planets to see how we can make it liveable for human
beings.

At best, the LL-1 zone (60,000 km away from the moon) is relatively
clean of debris and perhaps far enough away from that nasty moon of
our's in order to humanly survive the combined solar/cosmic/moon TBI
dosage, but that's only if well enough shielded by a few meters of
water.

Our moon's surface is highly if not entirely exposed to solar wind
driven electrostatics and otherwise being that of a naked anticathode
environment that's rather solar/cosmic and locally DNA lethal (far worse
off than anything Van Allen belt related), plus continually and
unavoidably running itself into stuff at 30+ km/s, and otherwise gravity
attracting upon all that's nearby, is perhaps good for the sorts of
robust robotics of those tough little SAR image receiving modules, but
otherwise hardly suited for that of anything optical or otherwise
end-user-friendly unless it's going deep underground.

Do any of you folks even realize what absolutely terrific resolution a
given focal length of 384,000 km can do on behalf SAR imaging? (I didn't
think so)

we'll look into it right away sir!@

Such pure robotics on behalf of accomplishing such extended SAR/VLA
imaging is actually based upon extremely efficient deployments of what
should not represent 10% of a given Apollo mission, and/or perhaps not
even involving 1% the mass per SAR image receiving module, and without
folks ever having to endure the trauma as to what that sort of nasty
lunar surface environment would otherwise be nailing countless strands
of human DNA per second.

Of course the regular laws of physics and I could be entirely wrong. In
which case, how much DNA trauma and/or physical impact trauma can a
human or that of anything optical withstand?
-
Brad Guth

it's not something that i consider on a daily basis.

Old September 10th 06, 08:07 PM posted to sci.space.policy,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy
BluntForceTraumaT

I would set my sights on Pluto. The real estate values have plummeted since
it was declared a non-planet. No one will bother you there.

wrote in message
ups.com...

Old September 10th 06, 11:03 PM posted to sci.space.policy,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy
Frank Glover[_1_]

wrote:

"captain." wrote in message

[...]

Who's lining up?

There are people who are willing to live on Mars even as is it. Many
more would likely be interested, if it could be quilckly terraformed
into something passably Earthlike.

Is that subset of people, though large, a signifigant fraction of
Earth's population? No.

No matter how bad things might be here, most humans don't want to
emigrate. Will you force them? Which ones, and how? And even if they did...

What would they ride?

Even if you could make travel to Mars as cheap as intercontinental
air travel is today, and had the same number of spaceships, with the
same capacity, as all existing wide-bodied jets, can you even remove
people *fast enough* to keep up with population growth? (and will they
continue to breed after arrival?)

I don't have numbers, but I seriously doubt it. (and there's still
that willingness issue, and I'm completely ignoring the questions of
what to do with them on arrival, or if it's ethical to terraform Mars if
there's native life)

There may be a great many reasons for space colonization and
terraforming, but population relief's the least likely or practical one.

--

Frank

You know what to remove to reply...

Check out my web page:
http://www.geocities.com/stardolphin1/link2.htm

"Man who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt man doing it."
- Chinese Proverb
Old September 10th 06, 11:06 PM posted to sci.space.policy,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy
Frank Glover[_1_]

BluntForceTraumaT wrote:

I would set my sights on Pluto. The real estate values have plummeted since
it was declared a non-planet. No one will bother you there.

The physicsl nature of Pluto didn't change one iota just because
humans re-defined it. but anyway...

You don't have to go that far or that big. There's a large set of
wannbe colonists who'd prefer to live among, and use the materials of
the asteroids, anyway.

Old September 10th 06, 11:40 PM posted to sci.space.policy,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 22:03:11 GMT, in a place far, far away, Frank
Glover made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

Even if you could make travel to Mars as cheap as intercontinental
air travel is today, and had the same number of spaceships, with the
same capacity, as all existing wide-bodied jets, can you even remove
people *fast enough* to keep up with population growth? (and will they
continue to breed after arrival?)

The answer to that one is yes. We currently move more people per day
in airliners than the net world population growth.
Old September 11th 06, 12:12 AM posted to sci.space.policy,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy
[email protected]

Frank Glover wrote:
wrote:

"captain." wrote in message

[...]

How did we populate the Americas and Australia? How about, first, we
empty our prisons and ship them to the new planet, then the
undesireables, the gangs, and people wanted advantures, by then people
will be screaming to go once they see the blue skies and green/blue
oceans, plenty of wild animals, plains of wild grains, and wide open
spaces.

What would they ride?

Given time, scientists will come up with a mode of transportation to
travel to another planet.

Even if you could make travel to Mars as cheap as intercontinental
air travel is today, and had the same number of spaceships, with the
same capacity, as all existing wide-bodied jets, can you even remove
people *fast enough* to keep up with population growth?

The answer is a definite yes, yes, and yes. And nations like China
would not need family planning of one child per family. Human beings
can produce as much as they want. If we can make one planet liveable,
why not other planets? The possibility is limitless.

(and will they
continue to breed after arrival?)

Of course, the more the merrier. Like I said, if we can make one
planet good enough to live, why not others? Why not other
constallations, also? other universes, also?

I don't have numbers, but I seriously doubt it. (and there's still
that willingness issue, and I'm completely ignoring the questions of
what to do with them on arrival, or if it's ethical to terraform Mars if
there's native life)

Was it ethical when the white men arrived to the Americas and
transformed the Americas to their way of life? If you don't transform
them, they may one day transform the earth to their way of life. Would
you like that?

There may be a great many reasons for space colonization and
terraforming, but population relief's the least likely or practical one.

I disagree with you. I say it's the most likely reason for
colonization to another planet, expanding population growth, and
requirement of land to grow food.

Old September 11th 06, 12:23 AM posted to sci.space.policy,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On 10 Sep 2006 16:12:05 -0700, in a place far, far away,
" made the phosphor on my

There may be a great many reasons for space colonization and
terraforming, but population relief's the least likely or practical one.

I disagree with you. I say it's the most likely reason for
colonization to another planet, expanding population growth, and
requirement of land to grow food.

Now this is truly dumb.
Old September 11th 06, 12:54 AM posted to sci.space.policy,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy
Brad Guth[_2_]

There are people who are willing to live on Mars even as is it. Many
more would likely be interested, if it could be quilckly terraformed
into something passably Earthlike.

Frank Glover,
I have no problems with any number of folks migrating off to our
sub-frozen and cosmic TBI naked Mars where you could also get physically
pulverised at no extra charge, that is as long as it's on their fully
taxable nickel, of taking countless billions of dimes, and/or otherwise
taking thousands upon millions of their supposedly hard earned and thus
fully taxable dollars per soul, and that they each pay for their fair
share of all the unavoidable environmental impact on behalf of the rest
of us village idiots that are not sufficient billionaires.

No matter how bad things might be here, most humans don't want to
emigrate. Will you force them? Which ones, and how? And even if they
did... What would they ride?

Good point. I'd use very powerful stun-guns in order to get as many
folks as possible onto a fleet of fat-waverider "tomcat" spaceplanes,
such as perhaps something that's made by the skilled and affordable
expertise of China.

Even if you could make travel to Mars as cheap as intercontinental
air travel is today, and had the same number of spaceships, with the
same capacity, as all existing wide-bodied jets, can you even remove
people *fast enough* to keep up with population growth? (and will they
continue to breed after arrival?)

That's no longer our problem. It's strickly first multi-billionaire
come, first multi-billionaire served. The more of such dumbfounded
folks we manage to get off of the Earth, the better.

I don't have numbers, but I seriously doubt it. (and there's still
that willingness issue, and I'm completely ignoring the questions of
what to do with them on arrival, or if it's ethical to terraform Mars
if there's native life)

Again, so what's the difference, as long as we have all of their loot
and they can't possibly come back alive to complain, nor would they ever
be allowed back on Earth. Therefore, it's strictly a one-way 'Mars or
bust' ticket to ride.

There may be a great many reasons for space colonization and
terraforming, but population relief's the least likely or practical
one.

I totally agree, that we'll need to stick a whole lot closer to our
polluted and badly global warming Earth that's losing it's magnetosphere
by roughly .05%/yr, and otherwise about to go WW-III postal no matters
what. Although, technically Venus could become doable in more ways than
you'd think, and of every 19 months at least it's extremely close by.
Otherwise, we should be able to terraform our moon on behalf of better
accommodating surface robotics, and of establishing deep underground
habitats for accommodating our frail DNA. Of course, you'll also need
my LSE-CM/ISS in order to pull off much of any of that moon stuff
without your otherwise having to die for it.
-
Brad Guth

Old September 11th 06, 01:35 AM posted to sci.space.policy,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy
Brad Guth[_2_]

" wrote in message
oups.com

I disagree with you. I say it's the most likely reason for
colonization to another planet, expanding population growth, and
requirement of land to grow food.

In the near future, we'll be a little too busy with fighting over
$1000/barrel oil and of everything else that's unavoidably inflated to
suit, as well as dealing with the aftermath of WW-III, sustaining WW-IV
and planning our last ditch efforts at surviving our next all or nothing
WW-V.

In another unfortunate tit for tat century or two, there may not be
sufficient spare energy in order to launch replacement satellites, much
less anything bigger or of that which has to go further and with
sufficient supplies per passenger.

Mother Earth will have gained roughly 20 meters of extensively polluted
and/or dead-zones worth of ocean depths as accommodating mostly
jellyfish, and a small vertical duplex (two story) unit of a two bedroom
(1000 SF) home that's situated on a minimal 1500 SF lot of high ground
will not likely be available for less than a million bucks per unit, or
rather two million for the pair, and by then your property tax will
likely be at least 3%/year ($2500/month/unit), and don't even ask about
the cost of basic utilities.

So, in that case Venus might not be looking all that bad off, especially
since there's unlimited renewable energy per square meter, plus extra
energy if your abode is situated on a Venusian lot which offers you
something that's geothermally active to work with.

There's actually quite a constructive list of what makes Venus our best
alternative, especially once we've finished off with having raped and
pillaged mother Earth for all she's worth.
-
Brad Guth