Meteor report, possible fall, Devon and Somerset ~1840utc 10.03.06

Old March 10th 06, 11:24 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Default Meteor report, possible fall, Devon and Somerset ~1840utc 10.03.06

Hi folks,
I just received an email from a police office at Bristol Airport (below),
regarding sigtings of a possible meteor and fall near Taunton.
My radio obs system recorded nothing significant around that time, but other
observers may have witnessed something.
Please contact me through my website if you have any reports.

Best regards,

Andy Smith,
G7IZU Radio Reflection Detection Page
http://www.tvcomm.co.uk/radio

Email follows:
From: Phil Scott

Andy
Good evening.
I am the duty Police air observer based at Filton in Bristol.

At about 1845 hrs tonight (100306) a number of calls were received by Devon
and Cornwall Police, Brixham,Portland and Solent Coastguards of possible
meteor activity. Sightings being from Ivybridge to Dawlish.
My reason for contacting you is to confirm this activity as we had a report
of something falling out of the sky at Bishops Lydeard near Taunton at about
the same time.

Your live report shows a blip about 1838 hrs - could this be it.
Regards

Phil Scott
(contact details withheld)