Sun's Hot Surface: Influence of Jupiter on our Sun~~~

Old February 23rd 06, 02:33 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Default Sun's Hot Surface: Influence of Jupiter on our Sun~~~

JRS: In article .com
, dated Wed, 22 Feb 2006 11:18:03 remote, seen in news:uk.sci.astronomy,
granite stone posted :
I have re-written the article. Hope you understand it.

Sun's Hot Surface: Influence of Jupiter on our Sun

By: Jon Riley B.A., Toronto, Canada,

All planets or moons that have active volcanoes with magma, such
as Earth and Io, rotate at high speeds (Earth 24 hours).

Scientific illiteracy. Speed and angular velocity are dimensionally
different.

It is possible in theory that if the largest planet, Jupiter gives
the Sun elongation (bulge), and with the Sun's rotation at 25 days as
being a high speed, since the Sun's mass is large, the hot surface
maybe the result of high rotation speed and elongation (bulge).

Linguistic illiteracy. "Maybe" and "may be" are not interchangeable.

Elongation is when the two bodies bulge one another and friction is
created when the bodies spin within the bulge. A tide on Earth is when
the Moon and Earth line up to force the waters of the ocean into a
bulge giving two high and two low tides.

Geometrical illiteracy. Two bodies cannot line up.

In the same way, the largest
planet Jupiter may force the Sun into elongation and create a hot
surface.

And we see that the rest is no better.

Since Ham's job is no longer on offer, you should consider a career as a
politician; your abilities are not adapted for anything else.

--
© John Stockton, Surrey, UK. Turnpike v4.00 MIME. ©
Web URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ - FAQqish topics, acronyms & links;
Old February 23rd 06, 03:21 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

"granite stone" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have re-written the article. Hope you understand it.

Sun's Hot Surface: Influence of Jupiter on our Sun

By: Jon Riley B.A., Toronto, Canada,

all pictures at;

www.kfcircuits.com/Sun.pdf

Abstract

All planets or moons that have active volcanoes with magma, such
as Earth and Io, rotate at high speeds (Earth 24 hours).

Might I suggest, as politely as possible, that as you have an interest in planetary science, you
take a look at the Open University course S283, "An Introduction to Astronomy and Planetary Science"
along with its sister course S282 they give a fine grounding in this fascinating subject. I feel you
would enjoy them. Successful completion of both courses entitles one to use the letters Cert APS
(Open).

--
John Carruthers
Cert APS (Open)

Old February 24th 06, 03:15 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

"granite stone" wrote in message
oups.com...
| I have re-written the article. Hope you understand it.
|
| Abstract

| It is possible in theory that if the largest planet, Jupiter
gives
| the Sun elongation (bulge), and with the Sun's rotation at 25 days as
| being a high speed, since the Sun's mass is large, the hot surface
| maybe the result of high rotation speed and elongation (bulge).

If I understand you correctly, you hypothesise that the
heating of a the Sun is due to, and only to, gravitation
distortion by Jupiter (and perhaps other planets?).

I think you should prepare an energy analysis to validate
your hypothesis. I've done a very rough one below based on
figures which are very approximate and unchecked.

First you need to know the energy given off by the Sun which
is about 4 x 10^33 ergs per second.

I expect you know that heating of a body due to
gravitational distortion is at the expense of the kinetic
energy of the two (or more) bodies involved. So let's see
how much energy we have to play with:

Rotation energy of the Sun
--------------------------
Sun's moment of inertia is 4 x 10^54 gm cm^2
Sun's rotation is about once in 27 days, or 3 x 10^-6 radians/sec
So energy of rotation of the Sun is about 2 x 10^41 ergs

Orbital energy of Jupiter
-------------------------
Jupiter's mass 2 x 10^30 gm
Jupiter's orbital speed 10^6 cm/sec
So energy of Jupiter's orbital motion = 10^42 ergs

So the energy available is of the order of 10^42 ergs.

So, how many seconds would this keep the Sun going? In the
order of 10^9 seconds, or 30 years.

Well, perhaps I got some calculations or figures wrong.
--
Laury

Old February 24th 06, 06:23 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

with reference to earth, the moon does not rotate. if the same side
earth always faced the sun, earth would not be known to rotate.

Old February 24th 06, 06:29 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

the energy to move all the planets to where they are, with rotation
speeds, is higher than the energy released by the sun.

Old February 24th 06, 06:33 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

****off go to hell.

Old February 24th 06, 06:36 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

moreover, the planets and moons are moving from a "big bang" or
something similar. the movements give friction to the sun.

Old February 24th 06, 06:49 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

In article .com,
granite stone wrote:
moreover, the planets and moons are moving from a "big bang" or
something similar. the movements give friction to the sun.

Are their orbits changing in accordance with the energy that they
are losing to the sun?

-- Richard

Old February 24th 06, 07:39 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

granite stone wrote:
moreover, the planets and moons are moving from a "big bang" or
something similar. the movements give friction to the sun.

Good grief. Time for another troll filter.
Old February 24th 06, 08:08 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

Laury,
Actually you got me thinking. Is the movement of Jupiter the same
energy as the heat from the Sun?