2" extension tube was: Long 2" to 1.25" adapter

Old July 10th 03, 05:21 PM
Joe X

Default 2" extension tube was: Long 2" to 1.25" adapter

Orion has one. Type "extension" in the search field on their home page.

Joe

"Del Johnson" wrote in message ...
You could glue the two together and pretend that they are one piece. :-)

Lumicon used to sell all sorts of tubes. Often these tubes were sold for
the purpose of allowing for filters when using unthreaded eyepieces. You
might try the second hand dealers. You could also buy a used 2" Barlow and
remove the optical elements.

Del Johnson

"Tom Marshall" wrote in message
om...
Thanks Del. Yes I thought about that. But I'd prefer the long adapter.
If I can't find one, I'll get an extension tube. BTW do you know a
good source for 2" extension tubes? Thanks.

Tom.

"Del Johnson" wrote in message

You could easily couple a 2" extender tube with a regular 2" to 1.25"
adapter.

Del Johnson

"Tom Marshall" wrote in message
om...
Anybody know where I can get a long (about 2.5") 2" to 1.25" adapter
threaded for 48mm filters. Alternatively, anyone know where I could
have one of these machined from aluminum? Thanks.

Tom.

Old July 10th 03, 09:50 PM
Tom Marshall

Thanks Del and Joe. I quess I wasn't clear. My application would
require an eyepiece barrel extension that would attach to the filter
threads of the adapter I currently have. I think Televue makes one of
these. I'll check that out. Thanks again.

Tom.