DDRDE model of 4D space (curved 3D space w/ invertibility)

Old January 15th 04, 12:57 AM
Scandere

Default DDRDE model of 4D space (curved 3D space w/ invertibility)

DuBois Double Reversed Dual Earth Model of 4D Space: How to make

If someone here knows if these were made before, let me know by
whom and I will change the name. I am put a picture of one
at http://www.members.aol.com/scandere/ along with some other
stuff on 4D. I am not selling them, I am just telling people how
to make them and why they represent 4D because I probably won't
get to make them myself. I am posting this message just
to sci.math, sci.physics.relativity, sci.astro, sci.physics, as I
thought it fits these best. Is there a usenet group devoted to 4D?
If so let me know so I know where best to go for this topic.
I have read most web sites devoted to 4D space already.

Take 1 really big glass sphere and 1 smaller one. Fishbowls are
recommended if you can find perfectly round ones. Paint a backwards
globe (continents only looks best) on the large one. Paint a normal
globe on the small one and put it inside the larger one, but flip
it upside down and line it up backwards or opposite of the
continents inside the larger one. You now have the the entire
universe in your sights, not to scale, and only if curved for real.

I originally intended to make 4 different sculptures of large sizes
to demostrate aspects of 4D space. Most were to be about 3 to 4
meters in height. This one, DDRDE was the most obvious and simplest
to understand, curved 3D space. Curved 3D space is wherever you go
in space you wind up back at the same spot. On a globe it would be
like firing a bullet so far you shoot yourself in the back of the
head. That is curved 2D space, and painful. This represents the
same concept with 3D space curved in all directions away in 4D
space, and is an accurate representation of how it would line up.
Objects curve away and seem completely around you when at equal
distances in all directions, the antipole (the south pole on a 3D
model, if you shot 4 bullets in directions at once, they would
converge twice, once at the southpole and once at the north pole).
Objects at either of those two points would, in curved space, not
only appear to surround them but those points would be those
same distances away, so it is not a true distortion but a mapping
of the "shape" of space. That middle south pole equivalent in this
model can be thought of as another sphere in between the two, and
also as a single point or spot everywhere along that sphere as well,
since it is only a single place like the opposite pole on a globe,
but in 3D space opposite of where six bullets would pass each other
if shot in curved space from a cube floating in space's sides.

I did build a small table top model. The full scale (not to the size
of the real actual scale model with the really really big lights)
models I wanted to make were to be 4 meters built out of a 3 frequency
geodesic dome made of glass and steel with a 1 meter center sphere.
For aestic purposes the center sphere should always be at least 20%
to not more than 25% of the outer sphere. Walking around in one
you can get a "feel" for curved space. The center sphere should also
be hollow so you can see through both at the same time with little
to no distortion. The invertibility aspect came when I imagined
a kid sticking his nose up to the center sphere and seeing how
Africa and South America lined up then running around outside it
to see the same view again. Thus with glass, the inversion is self-
evident. Below is from the 5D notes pertaining to the dual globes.

All (of the 4D sculptures) ought to be made of glass to demostrate
the invertibility of curved space, or the inverse effect, visually and
easily. That becomes so obvious (with glass), that the same view from
all outside points (combined) looking inward through both spheres is
exactly the same as the outward view from the center sphere looking
outward in all directions (from its center point), that few could not
be able to glimpse it.

The purpose of the sculptures is to enable or help people to spin the
Universe on its head, 3 dimensionally speaking. To instead or also see
space as folded into objects instead of existing outside or between
them. That from a 4th dimensional viewpoint all points away from the
center point to the antipole equivalently and equally outside of it
and within it, for they are the same spot. This is similar to how the
standard idea of an antipole in the sculpture would be another sphere
halfway between the other two, yet also (would) be in actuality a
single spot or place, not a circular area. This multidimensional
viewpoint is a good way to view electrons existing within a set
position in folded space instead of orbiting around a circular area.
They would not be moving at all, yet seem to be at all points in a
(seemingly) circular ball around the nucleus as well, at the same
time. Yet another folded dimension around the nucleus could explain how
they jump from one orbit to the next without passing the space
inbetween. Just because the level of space we percieve between what
would seem to be 2 spheres from an outside viewpoint, seems 3
dimensional, that is no reason to believe that on the atomic scale,
that space is not defined by or exists with more dimensions than we
need to deal with "out here" (nor necessarily curled up so small as to
not affect matter). The point of the scupltures is to see that
inversible 3D sandwich, or that "out there" or "in here" is merely from
an external viewpoint, (relative to where you are standing and)
potentially equally the same spot.

To understand "closed" 4D space or "open" curved 3D space, you only
need to imagine being 2 places at the same time, which the sculptures
do (represent). I could combine 2 of them as 4 different sculptures
in which by standing in (and) combining them mentally would simulate
being (in) 8 places at the same time, or 4 intersecting 4D worlds at
weird angles, representing "closed" 5D space or 4D "open" space
curved, but few would understand it, though it would look really cool.

Jared.