Sh2-187

Old November 23rd 16, 07:48 PM
slilge slilge is offline
Senior Member

Default Sh2-187

Another image from September was Sharpless 2-187.
A star forming region that is still covered by surrounding molecule clouds that show up as dark nebulae in my image.

Taken from Berlin with a Celestron RASA on a G11 mount, ASI 1600 colour and b/w cameras, 78x2min Ha, 26x2min OIII, 49x1min colour.
The picture is a combination of a Ha:OIII:OIII and a Ha:G:B.

I also included a crop of the Halpha channel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sh2-187colourkleingut.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	2.12 MB
ID:	6444  Click image for larger version

Name:	Sh2-187Hacropgut.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	474.8 KB
ID:	6445
Old November 24th 16, 07:22 AM
WA0CKY WA0CKY is offline
Senior Member

The angry spider nebula, at least that's what it looked like when I took it. My narrow field missed the dark nebula it is embedded in. I didn't realize how far it extended north and south before seeing your image.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slilge View Post