What's the latest on Beagle2 ?

Old December 25th 03, 11:32 PM
Carsten A. Arnholm

Default What's the latest on Beagle2 ?

Hi,

Watching and waiting. I thought we would hear something new after 23:00 GMT
tonight, but the latest news on http://www.beagle2.com/news/index.htm is
25-Dec-03 14:55 GMT

So why are we not hearing anything new, good or bad news?

Season's greetings
Carsten A. Arnholm
http://home.online.no/~arnholm/astro/astro.htm
N59.776 E10.457

Old December 25th 03, 11:49 PM
Yunus

No news yet.

I am getting very depressed.

news

Old December 26th 03, 12:04 AM
Mike Humberston

"Carsten A. Arnholm" wrote:

Watching and waiting. I thought we would hear something new after 23:00 GMT
tonight, but the latest news on http://www.beagle2.com/news/index.htm is
25-Dec-03 14:55 GMT

So why are we not hearing anything new, good or bad news?

Probably because the window for the Jodrel Bank search was to be
about 2 hours long so there is no point in making an announcement
until the window has closed.

--
Mike Humberston
WARNING: Spam trap in operation. Send any e-mail reply to mike, not oblivion.
Old December 26th 03, 01:00 AM
Mike Humberston

"Yunus" wrote:

:-(

"If I should crash think only this of me:

That there's some corner of a martian field

That is forever England."

Hey, don't write it off yet! Only if it still remains unfound
after the Mars Express searches in January should its epitaph be
written.

Old December 26th 03, 08:35 AM
David Langlois --- Ball serves Baal

This is beyond depressing.

David
Old December 26th 03, 10:16 AM
Kevin Smith

I reckon those damn Martians have nicked it, like they nicked all the
others.

In fact take A out of Martian, and Earth could have already been seriously
invaded.

There are also an awful lot of Martins on earth?

Is this a conspiracy?

I think we should be told

Kevin

Come on Beagle - hear boy!

"David Langlois --- Ball serves Baal" -sex wrote in
message ...
This is beyond depressing.

David

Old December 26th 03, 10:31 AM
Martin Rowley

"David Langlois --- Ball serves Baal" -sex wrote
in message ...
This is beyond depressing.

.... yes indeed: not only depressing for the lead scientists but for all
the contributors - so much promise but it needed a slice of luck I feel
for everything to click into place. The effectively uncontrolled (and
somewhat violent) landing strategy was a risk - but worth taking.

Unfortunately, we are now going to get a lot of press/media sniping
etc., along the lines of wasted money, mis-managed project etc., etc.
which I don't think is justified. We *have* to try these things or just
turn in on ourselves as a species.

Martin.

Old December 26th 03, 10:34 AM
Martin Frey

"Kevin Smith" wrote:

I reckon those damn Martians have nicked it, like they nicked all the
others.

In fact take A out of Martian, and Earth could have already been seriously
invaded.

There are also an awful lot of Martins on earth?

Is this a conspiracy?

I think we should be told

Kevin

Come on Beagle - hear boy!

They mostly live on Romney Marsh - you're damn lucky to have survived
your stay on May 7th. You may not have noticed at the time but during
your entire stay on the Marsh you did not see one Beagle - they are
the delicacy favoured above all others.

--
Martin Frey
http://www.hadastro.org.uk